Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

P. 10: Forbidden Caves announced for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

Postby Hanskuh » Wed May 20, 2015 2:52 am

Last week the Forbidden Caves officialy opened. Some videos;

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:15 am

FB_IMG_1459249900507.jpg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:12 am

^Another VR coaster, they're certainly popping up allover, which is good because it gives everyone the chance to experience it.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:19 am

This could be a good fit for Revolution--a nice way to beef up a ride that is odd, but not all that exciting.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby indyv » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:06 am

Last week, Bobbejaanland announced some new things for next season. They will have a new stunt show called Wicked Wheels.

Dizz will get a new name (Naga Bay) and will be rethemed.
They will also rename the restaurant at the park entrance and expand its terrace. The new name will be "The Lake House". An ohter new thing is the new interactive playground of 500 m² next to the new terrace.

And finally, they will be organizing the first urban trial in a theme park in Belgium.

sources:
www.pretparken.be/NL/article/1739/Nog%20drie%20nieuwigheden%20in%20Bobbejaanland%20voor%20komend%20seizoen
www.pretparken.be/NL/article/1731/Bobbejaanland%20opent%20interactieve%20speeltuin%20en%20vernieuwt%20restaurant
Top 10 coasters: 1. Blue fire Europa Park 2. Expedition GeForce Holiday Park 3. Taron Phantasialand 4. Silver Star Europa Park 5. Flug der Dämonen Heide Park 6. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Walt Disney Studios Park 7. Anubis The Ride Plopsaland 8. Sky Scream Holiday Park 9. Wodan Europa Park 10. OzIris Parc Astérix

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby JordyC » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:28 am

Bobbejaanland closes Typhoon after collision

230817opd.jpg

Last week, five visitors were slightly injured because of a collision on Bobbejaanland's most popular attraction Typhoon. Two of them had to be taken to hospital with some neck pain. Since then, the rollercoaster has been closed for research, says Peggy Verelst, commercial director.

"Last Tuesday, one of the cars did not slow down in the station. This resulted in a collision at low speed with the car that was waiting to go up the lift hill," Verelst explains. The two passengers who went to the hospital for inspection returned to the theme park later in the day.

For now, Typhoon remains closed. Staff of the theme park, TÜV and Gerstlauer are investigating the cause of the accident. It is expected that the roller coaster will open again this weekend.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 am

Lots of weird accidents lately that shouldn't be happening to real parks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:32 am

^ Agreed. I'm glad that if it had to happen, it happened where it did as I'm sure injuries were minor. Much better a slow bump than a collision.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:05 am

I have to be honest, I don't completely trust Gerstlauer. Yes none of this should happen and the Smiler incident was human error but if I understood this case correctly, the train just didn't stop in the station and rolled through. Which sounds a whole lot like mechanical issue rather than staff.

Didn't they also have to close Gold Rush at Slagharen because they had to redo the support foundation and didn't they also have loosening bolts on their tracks a couple years back?

This is a german company, I wouldn't expect them to make a lot of errors. Even if those errors are very few and far between, like it's been said many times in many threads recently, this shouldn't happen.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:53 am

^Germans are also human and human make mistakes.

But yes I am worried that there might be some errors with the blocking system because this and the TNT Tren de la Mina accident are both very rare in the industry and I don't think these are caused by human error like Smiler.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!