TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Bobbejaanland, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

December 5th, 2005 - Dream Catcher Coaster and Desperado City Announced (See Below)

July 14th, 2006 - Sledgehammer (HUSS Frisbee) coming in 2007

November 5th, 2007 - Two news rides for 2008: Splash Battle and a HUSS King Kong

Jun. 21st, 2009 - Video of band playing inside the ®evolution coaster

Mar. 22nd, 2010 - Fun Brigade, Pirates Story, Zorro, & more announced!

April 28th, 2010 - Zorro comes to Bobbejaanland!

May 27th, 2010 - Bobbejaanland founder passes away at the age of 85

July 27, 2010 - Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster for 2011

September 25th, 2014 - Forbidden Caves announced for 2015

February 27th, 2018 - New Gerstlauer Triple-Launch Coaster Coming!

February 17th, 2019 - "Fury" coaster and "Land of Legends" details released!

May 3rd, 2019 - Park announces that riders can choose if their Fury car will run forwards or backwards

Original Post:

Looks like another great addition to the park. I wonder what type of roller coaster and by whom it will be made by. Any guesses or rumors? Anyhow, I just thought I would help spread the news.

"With over 50 attractions including 6 take-your-breath-away roller coasters, 4 wild water tracks and a unique Indian museum, Bobbejaanlaand is amongst the very best of Europe’s most popular amusement parks. And to top it all off there are also such super attractions as the indoor amusement park Kinderland and various live shows.

The huge number of attractions keeps waiting times and the associated frustration to an absolute limit. In their turn the many covered attractions make sure that your feet stay dry during your visit to Bobbejaanland no matter what the weather.

After the more than amazing innovations of recent years – such as the Typhoon, Sledge Hammer and Oki Doki, in 2006 Bobbejaanland is premiering 2 brand new attractions to tantalise your senses:

* NEW IN 2006: In the Dream Catcher you and your entire family take a mysterious trip through the secretive dream world of the Indians. This rollercoaster drags you over churning water and through the worst storm ever ... and all of this with your legs in the air!

* NEW IN 2006: In the interactive attraction Desperado City you and 60 other sheriffs hop on your horses toward adventure, shooting fearful foes with your personal revolvers. How many bad guys can you hit from atop your lurching steed?

In short: in 2006 Bobbejaanland will once again amaze its visitors with its wealth of surprises…weather or not!

(Source: Bobbejaanlaand Official Press Release)"

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since they already do have a vekoma suspended coaster, dream catcher is rumoured to be the Air Race coaster re-themed to an Indian theme by adding floorless trains. This is a good step to take because Air Race is by far the weakest link of Bobbejaanland's coasters. (I think Robb and Elissa can confirm that) This should make a very good line-up together with the new dark ride next year.

This park has really developed to the positive the last few years.

^That's really interesting.

I would agree it was the weakest coaster, which was very disappointing to me since I had been looking forward to it for so long! A retheme would be interesting, but I can't see the Indian theme getting all the way over there. And another shooting ride!!! Well, that should rule!!!

• 7 months later...

I just saw something on the German channel we have, called BVN and i was watching the news (nothing else was onn the TV) and suddenly they said something about Bobbejaanland and a new attraction! (If you were wondering how i understand german, Afrikaans and German are amost identical.)

After a couple of unrecognisable words, a concept art picture came up of a Giant frisbee with a kind of African theme.

Anyone know anything about this?

(if this is old news, please don't bash me!)

I went to the Park at the end of May and both rides were working fine.

Sledgehammer looks and I would never go on that type of ride

Dreamcatcher was fun, water cannons are used when the train is over the lake.

Their Clown coaster has a very good 1st curved drop and layout.

They are indeed making publicity for the dramcatcher but it's not really a new ride, it's a rethemed one with new cars on it. It was called air race in the past.

The sledge hammer could indeed be the giant frisbee ride you saw.

The really strange thing about bobbejaanland is ... they are making less publicity with the real new ride they have this year. That attraction is called desperado city, and it's an attraction where you sit down at fake horses and shoot at a big interactive screen.

you can have a look at this page. There's an overview of the attractions they have and you might find your attractions back in the pictures:

http://www.themeparkvision.net/US/Park.asp?ParkID=70&LandID=4

I've just got back from Bobby-jean Land!

Dream Catcher was kinda fun. Still wish they had the cool Air Race trains though, it was just like Vampire but not as good a ride! They're just sitting outside a maintenance shed away from the ride now.

Sledge Hammer was also fun, not loads of airtime but really intense through the swings.

The Sledgehammer looks awesome with the theming on it! Much better looking than Delirium and Maxair, and of course, better than Pizza: The Ride...

I have the Huss catalog and the "Sledgehammer" is a suggested theme, one of several for the giant rides, looks just as nice as the artwork!Impressive!

• 1 year later...

The staff of Bobbejaanland were the first people who heard what the new attraction is going to be for 2008. Not just 1 but 2 attractions are going to come. The first attraction is a splash battle. Bobbejaanland visited Mirabilandia, to look at their splash battle named Raratonga.

http://www.3dba.com/?nid=5010

The other attraction is something new, it is called "Huss King Kong". The attraction was announced at the IAAPA Asian Expo in Bangkok. Bobbejaanland has chosen for this attraction and is the only one allowed to build one in 2008.

"Riders enter the gondola at ground level and as the ride begins, the King Kong figure appears to grab the vehicle and then stand upright before slowly “shaking” it. As the ride cycle continues, the gondola becomes positioned directly in front of King Kong’s head as it is lifted to its maximum height, at which time a variety of special effects are triggered, including sound and mist, with the gorilla’s eyes shining in a vision of crazed anger."

Height: 24 meters

Surface needed: 8m x 10m

Capacity: 500 riders per hour

http://www.hussrides.com/78AboutThrill.htm

Source: www.firstdrop.nl

King Kong looks like a heavily themed Supernova

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/supernova.html

Though, this kinda isn't a new idea, remember the Stratosphere wanting a gorilla to climb the side of the tower and shake the cage? (While it was still under Bob Stupack's control, the nutcase he is! )

Thats what i thought at first, but a supernova goes all the way around, the arms make a 360. This looks like it will be one quarter of a supernova! lol

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Kong has really bad breath and could use a few Tic Tacs. I'm thinking that this will be a fun, family-oriented flat ride, and will probably stand or fall on its special effects and themeing.