Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

P. 15: New Gerstlauer Triple-Launch Coaster Coming!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:19 pm

JordyC wrote:^The S-bends probably won't be there on the real coaster. As you can see in the drawing of the second photo, there will be some kind of turntables to switch between the tracks. Since there isn't a turntable available in NoLimits2 , they just needed to connect the track switches with the station in NL2. That is my guess, at least.

It's a good guess. Obviously a quick model / render of the entire layout was all that was needed for planning purposes, you can see that they have a representative model for Sledge Hammer showing the clearance envelope of the swing. I'm sure we'll get better imagery later down the road when they announce the name / theme.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:05 pm

That's a pretty cool layout.

I wonder if they'll incorporate Sledgehammer into its theme. It's so close. Maybe the new coaster represents some sort of monster, with the giant sledgehammer attacking it.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:05 am

Looks like a cool attraction for a park that needed another big ride! The layout is funky, but we'll see how it goes!
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby IntraTrax » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 am

That has to be the most bizzare layout for a shuttle coaster ever! Look impressive as well! I am looking forward to the construction of the ride.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:21 pm

BDG wrote:I wonder if they'll incorporate Sledgehammer into its theme. It's so close. Maybe the new coaster represents some sort of monster, with the giant sledgehammer attacking it.

Liseberg called, and mentioned Loke vs Balder ;)

The layout looks short but solid! I like Infinity trains so it's good to see more of them being built.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:25 pm

JordyC wrote:^The S-bends probably won't be there on the real coaster. As you can see in the drawing of the second photo, there will be some kind of turntables to switch between the tracks. Since there isn't a turntable available in NoLimits2 , they just needed to connect the track switches with the station in NL2. That is my guess, at least.

I feel so stupid for not noticing that. It's clearly shown in the red lay-out that those would be turn table's. That's what you get for focusing on the blue 3D redering more then the details.

As for theming It would be nice to see Bobbejaanland to combine it with Sledgehammer for sure but the park isn't known for connecting rides with themes so I expect a brand new stand-alone theme for this coaster.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jurrut » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Made a quick NL2 coaster to see the POV view of this ride, looks promising.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jurrut » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:04 am

Hype?

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!