TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything about Ferrari World, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion.

Official Park Website

TPR's Park Index Page

Below are some links to past announcements and updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 16th, 2005 - Project based around the Ferrari brand is announced (SEE BELOW)

May 23rd, 2008 - Ground has been broken and concepts

July 21st, 2009 - Construction Update

November 8th, 2009 - Construction Update

February 23rd, 2010 - list of attractions released

May 6th, 2010 - Specs for Formula Rossa issued via press release

June 4th, 2010 - First time the press is only inside for a press conference

June 20th, 2010 - 100 Days Before opening park releases details on more rides

August 15th, 2010 - Formula Rossa pull through

November 4th, 2010 - Press release from opening day

January 15th, 2011 - Park is sold to Abu Dhabi

May 10th, 2011 - Ferrari World to launch annual pass program

December 10th, 2011 - Park makes budget cuts, reduces hours, lays off 100 workers

September 17th, 2012 - New live show to debut at Ferrari World in September

November 14th, 2012 - New family ride coming to the park soon!

May 26th, 2013 - Park moves to a seven day operation later this year!

June 24th, 2014 - Expansion announced

September 24th, 2014 - New and updated shows announced for October!

November 12th, 2014 - Ferrari World teases about new rides

April 25th, 2015 - Ferrari World is adding three coasters

May 5th, 2015 - Flying Aces announced

September 23, 2015 - coaster construction photos

October 14th, 2015 - construction photos

January 23rd, 2017 - revised opening date for 2017 attractions

December 20th, 2022 - Mission Ferrari opening January 12th, 2023!

Ferrari and ALDAR Properties signed an exclusive agreement to develop a themed project which is an innovative Ferrari Concept in Abu Dhabi. The project will be based themed around the prestigious and renowned Ferrari brand.

His Highness Sheikh Abdulla Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Information and Culture, Mr Jean Todt, General Manager Ferrari, Mr Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh, Chairman ALDAR Properties, His Highness Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nayhan, Chairman Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority.

The development will provide entertainment for the whole family and the initial concept envisages a race track, numerous rides and attractions, an opportunity to allow visitors to learn the story and history of Ferrari, to participate in Ferrari motoring activities, and to experience the Ferrari brand also through virtual simulations. Another important feature of the facility will be an advanced and sophisticated circuit where tests and driving courses will be organized, as well as races. The concept will also include hotels, retail, residential and hospitality elements embracing the design ethics of the Ferrari brand.

ALDAR's Chairman Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh said: "Mubadala Development company's purchase of Ferrari shares earlier this year allowed ALDAR an opportunity to forge a relationship with one of the world's leading brands."

Mr Al Sayeghadded: "we have commenced our design program, so that we can launch the development to the world very early next year. The development will then be constructed on a fast track program, targeting a public opening in 2008."

Ferrari's General Manager Jean Todt said: "The site will be an important attraction for fans and car lovers worldwide, whilst the structures for sporting and driving activities will have a special appeal for all Ferrari enthusiasts and drivers".

http://www.gowealthy.com/realestate/news/620/detail.asp

Link above for the article.

And yes. They are serious.

Don't get me wrong...but there is only so much you can revolve around a racing theme. Hotels themed to Ferrari's, restaurant's themed to Ferrari's, attractions themed to Ferrari's, etc. It will become a little repititous, however they have the money to make it outstanding. If you think about it this way, if they split the theme park into sections or "lands" or different time eras. Ferrari and the world in the 20's, the 60's, the future, etc. Should be interesting...and I believe the article said open by 2008!

It'd be cool if they got the fastest, (probably not the tallest; I don't think it fits with the racing theme) caoster in the world.

ttd???

also, how would they make the fastest coaster without making it tall? and, not every new theme park is going to have coasters!

It'd be cool if they got the fastest, (probably not the tallest; I don't think it fits with the racing theme) caoster in the world.

also, how would they make the fastest coaster without making it tall?

Make it launched? Dodonpa was the fastest for a long time, but wasn't the tallest. Personally I'd LOVE to see somethin like Rita just much bigger and faster!

Does this park get a coaster? Maybe. Chances are pretty good I'd say. Or at least a very fast ride.

But only Ferrari? I think I'm gonna see too much red there...

• 2 months later...

When Ferrari is serieus. I think This will be the first coaster in the park.

The new Maurer Sohne launched coaster, with x-car coaches.

Here are some pics from that coaster.

As you see, the coaches are already Ferrari F1 themed. But they are missing the big rear wing and the wheels, just like TTD had in the begining. And the station could have a paddock theming.

But on the Maurer Sohne website, i can't find any info on that launched coaster.

That is awesome! For those of you who don't know, I'm a huge race fan (I often incorporate amusement parks with races) so this along with the previously announced F1 park are just the neatest things to me.

You would love Suzuka Circuit! It's a race track and an amusement park on the same property.

Wow, wonder how expensive it would be to get into this park, considering it costs $10 just to LOOK at a bunch of Ferrari's in a showroom at the Wynn in Vegas.

Just drive around parts of Orange County and your bound to see several for free.

My reply: WTF?!

There's already a Pokemon themed park, I think that fills that quota. Even though, those launch coaster cars look pretty bad-ass.

---Brent

Sorry, that's not true anymore. Pokepark: 2005 closed in September with the end of the Aichi Expo. It was never intended to be more than a temporary park, and the large vacant lot near Nagoya station will never be the same again.

That is awesome! For those of you who don't know, I'm a huge race fan (I often incorporate amusement parks with races) so this along with the previously announced F1 park are just the neatest things to me.

You would love Suzuka Circuit! It's a race track and an amusement park on the same property.

La Ronde and the Montreal GP Circuit are literally next door to each other as well.

• 2 years later...

Bump.

This topic's been dead for a while, and this is somewhat old news, but here's the latest info I stumbled upon concerning the park.

Evidently, ground has been broken and construction has begun. Here's the latest look at the proposed park (mmm, just listening to the start of the video grabs my attention), and here's an article.

Considering all the other talk of stuff supposedly being built over there, I'm not sold yet, but it *might* work out....who knows? Just thought the car lovers might enjoy.

About midway through the video is mention (animation) of the propsed dual track racing coaster.

9071105_007.Mini3L.jpg.f111cec5d3f309845cee39e0641cf696.jpg

9071105_007.Mini1L.jpg.98294c07becd7215f3bdc21fe5e00767.jpg