Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 112: 2 Billion Euro Expansion including 3 new WDSP lands
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:31 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/avengers-and-other-super-heroes-to-assemble-in-new-themed-areas-at-disneyland-resort-disneyland-paris-and-hong-kong-disneyland/

Highly anticipated new experiences at Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland will soon invite guests to become part of a bigger universe filled with epic heroes and adventures, and today we’re sharing a sneak peek! Developed in partnership with Marvel Studios and Marvel Themed Entertainment, these three new areas will champion the next generation of Super Heroes.

As part of the transformative multi-year expansion announced for Disneyland Paris, the new Marvel-themed area at Walt Disney Studios Park will include a reimagined attraction where riders will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers on a hyper-kinetic adventure in 2020. This will follow an epic experience launching this summer, when Disneyland Paris hosts Marvel Summer of Super Heroes from June 10 to September 30. Favorite heroes will take the stage for a brand new, live-action super-production featuring cutting-edge special effects and spectacular projections.
Paris_Poster_nobrick.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:44 am.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 90

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sun May 20, 2018 4:46 am

Problems with Ratatouille in Disneyland Paris: attraction closed for a long time

190518rat.jpg

The attraction Ratatouille: The Adventure at Disneyland Paris has to be closed for repair work for a long time. Not because there is something wrong with the attraction itself, but because there are problems with the foundation. It is sinking.

That was told by operational director Daniel Delcourt Friday evening in a conversation with fansites. Ratatouille only opened four years ago. "You will think: the attraction is just new, why already a renovation?", Says Delcourt.

"But we have discovered that mistakes were made during construction, causing the foundation to sink when the attraction is operational." The entire floor must be replaced. That will take months. The popular darkride will probably be closed in the second half of this year.

190518unrat.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Silver Star - Europa-Park 7. Balder - Liseberg 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland 10. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Coasters: 203 || Parks: 38

Fēnix || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 am

Sounds like Ratatouille pulled a Magnum.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 20, 2018 3:41 pm

^^ That's pretty sad about what's happening with the floor/foundation, of all things! I hope they can work it out, for good.
And...They just announced putting a version of Mickey's PhilharMagic in the old Discoveryland Theatre, beside Star Tours:

Screamscape wrote: During a special conference to promote the Disneyland Paris resort called InsideEars, Disney officials confirmed some new attractions and developments were on the way. Up first was the confirmation that Mickey's PhilharMagic, a popular 4D theater attraction from the Orlando park, would open in Disneyland Paris this October inside the Discoveryland Theater. The theater is already closed and construction is under way.

The fun 4D adventure film follows Donald Duck around in panic mode to recover Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat after a failed attempt at one-upmanship goes wrong, sending him on a wild adventure through the Disney animated universe, set to your favorite Disney songs.
PhilharMagic2018.jpg
Photo from WDW News Today, thanks!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun May 20, 2018 10:28 pm

In other 'rides falling apart that really shouldn't be' news, Tower of Terror will also be having its facade replaced as it is covered in cracks and safety netting as chunks keep falling off.
image028.jpg
Image: Disney and More
image034.jpg
Image: Disney and More
Last edited by KarlaKoaster on Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 am.

Postby cookiex » Mon May 21, 2018 12:30 am

^ I'm reading on D&M that it won't be closed during the facade renovations though.

The Mark Twain Riverboat is coming back fully refurbished in 2020 as well.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 90

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:22 am

I really have to wonder, what corners were cut during the Tower of Terror construction. I still an shocked that there are chunks of the facade falling off the ride.

And now the foundation issues with Ratatouille.

DLP just can't get a break.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Mon May 21, 2018 10:39 am

cookiex wrote:^ I'm reading on D&M that it won't be closed during the facade renovations though.

The Mark Twain Riverboat is coming back fully refurbished in 2020 as well.

Oh my mistake, I misread the article. I will edit my post in case someone doesn't see your correction. I'm really happy Mark Twain is getting refurbished after so many years of neglect.

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I really have to wonder, what corners were cut during the Tower of Terror construction. I still an shocked that there are chunks of the facade falling off the ride.

And now the foundation issues with Ratatouille.

DLP just can't get a break.

Yes, it's incredible really. Hopefully now Disney own the park outright they will put more value in making sure things are up to standard.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby peptoabysmal » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:35 am

They are running a live stream right now of the Marvel Summer of Heroes launch event:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Looking forward to (eventually) seeing that indoor Stunt Show.
And whatever else that's been built (and re-built), by the time we get there, lol. :mickey:
IMG_9221.JPG
Our last visit there ~ Sept.2015. Next visit: Apr.2022 ~ Our 50th Anniversary!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!