Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 112: 2 Billion Euro Expansion including 3 new WDSP lands
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Something posted at screamscape.com ....

New Major Attraction - Planned - (11/23/17) According to Forbes, Disney is now planning on adding some kind of “major new attraction” to Disneyland Paris in 2024 as part of a massive new investment into the property now that they have full control over the property. Other new additions and capital expenditure projects planned over the next decade include upgrades to several hotel properties as well as adding Marvel themed attractions to the Walt Disney Studios Paris theme park.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2017/11/22/euro-disney-planning-blockbuster-new-attraction-for-2024/#4179a5c13c1c

2024? Third Park?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Something posted at screamscape.com ....

New Major Attraction - Planned - (11/23/17) According to Forbes, Disney is now planning on adding some kind of “major new attraction” to Disneyland Paris in 2024 as part of a massive new investment into the property now that they have full control over the property. Other new additions and capital expenditure projects planned over the next decade include upgrades to several hotel properties as well as adding Marvel themed attractions to the Walt Disney Studios Paris theme park.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2017/11/22/euro-disney-planning-blockbuster-new-attraction-for-2024/#4179a5c13c1c

Wasn't it said somewhere that Disney's deal with the French government meant they had to get a third park built at some point? Or am I misremembering it?

2024 seems pretty far off for just one attraction unless it's part of or preceded by a long-term expansion of WDS.
Last edited by cookiex on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 pm.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Postby viking86 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 pm

...as well as adding Marvel themed attractions to the Walt Disney Studios Paris theme park.

So.... does that mean we can expect a ToT makeover in Paris also? :roll:

I would love to see a new land added to the Studios Park, like Pandora or Star Wars. Get rid of the stupid Tram Tour, make some space to put in a new land and turn it into a full-day park!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 pm

^ I'm pretty sure there has been stuff posted about ToT's (probable) makeover into the Guardians ToT, like in California.

And I agree, the tram tour is not really that "up to date" anymore. Well, except for the always entertaining
Catastrophe Canyon, which people have joked, should be turned into it's own stand-alone attraction. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby viking86 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Catastrophe Canyon, which people have joked, should be turned into it's own stand-alone attraction. :smile:

I think I might be one of them lol... :p

And yes, that part is cool. But everything else is just a giant waste of time!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:56 pm

^ And I think that last space where they make a last turn around, before heading to the station.... "London Under Dragon Siege"...... :?r

I can't even remember the movie, that all that "city carnage" was based on.
So long ago. But it's a huge amount of space, also now becoming a huge waste of space....and time.

Perfect space for a stand alone attraction, hmm? ;)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:02 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ And I think that last space where they make a last turn around, before heading to the station.... "London Under Dragon Siege"...... :?r

I can't even remember the movie, that all that "city carnage" was based on.
So long ago. But it's a huge amount of space, also now becoming a huge waste of space....and time.

Reign of Fire. I've never seen it but I remember the tour mentioning it years ago. A really forgettable movie when it came out, and definitely forgotten by now... So yeah a big waste of space.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:46 pm

I would think that a "massive new" attraction may follow the same pattern as Florida, Toy Story land expansion then into Star Wars Land for WDSP. They really could use TS Midway Mania and the Slinky Dog Coaster to enhance their Toy Story area. I don't think Marvel has anywhere near the long term appeal of the Star Wars franchise. Would much rather see them do a Star Wars makeover on TOT instead of GOTG. Drop out Aerosmith, replace with any number of SW themes. Same with Armageddon, if not just repurpose building into completely different attraction. The catastrophe canyon still looks cool, maybe re-use as backdrop for variation of Radiator Spring Racers.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Of course, there still is that pretty massive spot over in Adventureland, beside the Indy coaster?
That could hold a pretty big attraction on both sides of the train track, before the train goes into the PoTC Tunnel.

But I do know they have to do something to improve the Studios, as soon as they can do it.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:56 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Of course, there still is that pretty massive spot over in Adventureland, beside the Indy coaster?
That could hold a pretty big attraction on both sides of the train track, before the train goes into the PoTC Tunnel.

But I do know they have to do something to improve the Studios, as soon as they can do it.

Carsland?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!