Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Page 103: Disney re-purchases Disneyland Paris
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:33 pm

...or maybe a new attraction(s)? One can always hope. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Morgan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:34 am

It turns out it's a new series of Disney Fan Days, Not sure what they will entail, but apparently the first one is on Oct 1st.
dlp.png

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:05 am

Interesting. I'll be there on the 1st, so I gues. I'll get to experience this!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby peptoabysmal » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Apparently, October 1st is when they will announce the events and not the first event. So in a very convoluted way, they announced an announcement of an announcement.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby JordyC » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:38 pm

"Tower of Terror in Disneyland Paris becomes Guardians of the Galaxy"

240716roseala.jpg

It seems very likely that The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in Disneyland Paris is being transformed into a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. According to the Disney ED92 fansite, the famous tower will get a totally different theme within the next few years.

Reportedly, the first preparations will start in March 2018. Between September 2018 and March 2019, the attraction would be closed for a complete transformation. The current storyline around the Hollywood Tower Hotel will disappear definitively.

The same thing happened earlier in the US Disneyland Resort in California. This is where Tower of Terror is now living as "Guardians of the Galaxy" Mission: Breakout!" Based on the 2014 Marvel Guardianship Movie Actors. The interior and exterior have changed dramatically.

Disneyland Paris wants to give Marvel's superheroes a prominent place in the Walt Disney Studios Park in the coming years. Since 2014, there is already a meet-and-greet location with Spider-Man. Marvel Comics has been owned by Disney since 2009.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Yes please!!!!!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 pm

JordyC wrote:...Disneyland Paris wants to give Marvel's superheroes a prominent place in the Walt Disney Studios Park in the coming years. Since 2014, there is already a meet-and-greet location with Spider-Man. Marvel Comics has been owned by Disney since 2009.

Although the GoTG overlay will definitely increase interest for those who return to the park, I am hoping there is another "attraction" in the works for actually expanding (space wise) the Marvel Universe at the Studios, "in the coming years." And who knows? Maybe what's being created at EPCOT for GoTG, might be duplicated and brought to the Studios! With a different Marvel superheroes theme to it.

But - it's all good so far, yes? :mickey:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 pm

JordyC wrote:According to the Disney ED92 fansite

Wait - that's not what I would call a reliable source.

If they do that I'll be pretty bummed. Rock'n'Roller Coaster was a better choice for a GotG upgrade! There's already the random musics, a coaster allows more flexibility than ToT, the Aerosmith theming is dated, etc.

If they lose the Twilight Zone license, they can still have a story based on an haunted hotel that's not a problem. But to shoe-horn GotG into that... And our ToT is the front emblem of the WDS, the first thing you see when you arrive. Having that giant warehouse welcoming you isn't the most thrilling thing, especially as we can't develop a proper Marvel area around it (or we have to re-do the whole park).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:23 pm

KingRCT3 wrote:... (or we have to re-do the whole park).

Now there's an idea! Like Disney California Adventure, hmm? :smile: Disney might actually have to go that way if they want to get ahead with any coherent all-over theming for the entire park. The right side of it isn't too bad (Crush/Cars-Ratatouille-TSL), since it was all put together after the Studios opened. But I really believe that the Tram Tour is going to have to go, eventually. Then, that will open a TON of space, connected to space that was already there, behind the Tram Tour.

And turn Catastrophe Canyon into a stand-alone, enclosed COASTER attraction, hmm? :wink:
IMG_9407.JPG
Last full shot I took of ToT ~ Sept.23, 2015.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby funtime_arena » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:01 am

Watch here the full parade "Disney Stars on Parade" at Disneyland Paris

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!