TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

^It is an extremely popular attraction but also a very expensive one to install, especially compared to the more economical fare that has been added to the Toy Story Land areas worldwide. It is a significant investment for the resort to add the attraction--one that I think would make sense for Paris if they didn't already have their Toy Story Land built out (plus they are adding Alien Swirling Saucers from Florida's Toy Story Land).

I agree, my thought process was that if they're re-configuring the existing park with the expansion they could probably find way to incorporate a show building into the existing land, tuck it away behind the Ratatouille section perhaps.

Yeah, it's an expensive attraction but hey with a 2.5 Billion Euro expansion what's another 70 or 80 million (I don't really know how much it costs)?

There’s already a huge space in Adventureland that’s been reserved for an Indiana Jones Adventure for decades now. No need to move Temple du Peril.

Well, since it's not been built up to now (for over 25 years?), I could imagine them pulling a switch, putting it in WDS, and then building something completely different in that Adventureland spot. And surprising all of us!

And why not make the Temple of Peril look better than it does, like it does (to me) in Japan? They dismantled part of the theming for new rock work some time ago on Peril, and it's not like they have to take apart an entire show building to do it.

Of course, this is all "I wish and hope" kind of stuff. Probably won't happen.

Yeah, it's an expensive attraction but hey with a 2.5 Billion Euro expansion what's another 70 or 80 million (I don't really know how much it costs)?

And there's all that money available, so for now, even putting in a Toy Story Mania could be possible.

"Ciel bleu, souriant à moi ~ Rien que le ciel bleu, je vois."

^ I totally understand what you're saying. But for now...why not imagine, anyway?

I want to go to every Disney Park before I die, I don't want them all to have the same stuff. There's too much of it going on now.

^ I think you are generalizing too much. I agree about a number of indoor attractions that don't seem to change, except their queues (It's A Small World; Midway Mania for example), but are you really not going to ride Big Thunder Mountain in Paris, because, "it's the same as the one in DL or WDW..."? It's all in the theming and surrounding atmosphere (and sometimes even the layout) that makes every Big Thunder Mountain different. And Towers of Terror. And Haunted Mansions. And Space Mountains, etc.

And not everybody can get to every Disney park in the world. You (I do hope you do get to experience every Disney park!)

and I are lucky ones. So, the popularity of attractions (even not-too-exciting ones) dictates sometimes, what gets repeated

(though the theming may change) in a new Disney park.

And too much of anything is a wonderful thing, when it comes to Disney Parks Around The World! IMhO.

btm3.thumb.jpg.ad4f772270c4e66a0c3591bdbb619f6f.jpg

BTI in Paris (I call it "Big Thunder Island'" lol). The train is there,

heading towards the On-Ride Photo "Cabin". (o; Photo from the Net.

Erm... DLP already has a Toy Story shooting ride (Buzz Lightyear Blast or something like that). However, due to awesome planning, it is in DLP and not the Studios park, where Toy Story Land is.

In any case, I like this. I went to the Paris resort in 2014, shortly before Ratatouille opened. We were in Studios for 2 hours (got there in the afternoon). Did ToT, Aerosmith, RC and the tram tour before it closed, and felt no need to go back the following day (which we spent at DLP).

Studios definitely felt incomplete and a bit of a mish-mash. Surprised they didn't have a Radiator Springs and instead just a spinning Cars ride.

This sounds like an amazing overhaul and should make Studios into an incredible park, but I have two things I think I would have preferred:

1 - I think Frozen would be better suited to DLP itself, but have no idea where it would go. Disney does like putting lands in a wheel formation in their main park and there's no more space in the existing park for a full land, so I can understand it going to Studios. It just seems like a bit of a shame, but the alternative is having nothing.

2 - is the Star Wars land the same as the Florida one? I'd prefer to see a different location within the Star Wars universe (either existing or made-up), and think of the amount of rabid Star Wars fans who'd have to visit each one

Either way, this is an incredible investment and I hope it goes well. Everyone goes to the DLP part of the resort but Studios just seemed neglected. This, and bridging the two parks, may give it a great one-two punch of US and IoA (the only parks I've been to with a similar setup - I know Disney in California is similar).

Erm... DLP already has a Toy Story shooting ride (Buzz Lightyear Blast or something like that). However, due to awesome planning, it is in DLP and not the Studios park, where Toy Story Land is.

The Buzz rides have always been separate though. Even in places like Hong Kong or Shanghai where Toy Story Land is part of the same park, they are located in different areas.

1 - I think Frozen would be better suited to DLP itself, but have no idea where it would go. Disney does like putting lands in a wheel formation in their main park and there's no more space in the existing park for a full land, so I can understand it going to Studios. It just seems like a bit of a shame, but the alternative is having nothing.

Frozen was first scheduled to go in Fantasyland actually, but I don't really know where exactly.

I have no strong opinion here, but I think it would have been nice as a Fantasyland expansion. It should work well in the studios too, though.

2 - is the Star Wars land the same as the Florida one? I'd prefer to see a different location within the Star Wars universe (either existing or made-up), and think of the amount of rabid Star Wars fans who'd have to visit each one

It looks like the Millennium Falcon portion from the artwork (no Battle Escape), although it's obviously only an artists' impression at the moment so it is only conceptual so I'm not reading too much into it yet.

What is interesting to me is that with all the announcements about expansions at various Disney properties over the years, both Avatar and Carsland are not being cloned over into other destinations. I wonder why.

It is great to see them investing heavily into improving the parks again. Can't wait to see how the various Frozen lands turn out, or Star Wars for that matter.

^ I hope they don't clone those two Lands for at least several years. Let them be unique Disney, where they are!

...Actually, they could add either of them, to the WDS World Film Showcase (that's what I am calling it, right now),

after all the other stuff has been built, i.e after......2025 maybe?

And then there's Indiana Jones to possibly consider for a "land".......

So, after all of the proposed expansion has been done, my Blue Sky Thoughts would sort of go....

Clone the setup with Indy Jones Adventure and Raging Spirits coaster from Tokyo DisneySea, into WDS, on the right side

of The Lake, dismantle Temple of Peril coaster, and then put a GI-normous E-Ticket Attraction in Adventureland that

nobody was expecting!

And depending where this Indy Land could/would be, in regards to The Lake (1 o'clock? 2 o'clock? 3 o'clock?), Disney

could figure out a Harry Potter-like transport system between DLP and WDS, between the Indy Land and AdventureLand.

Possible? I think so. Probable? Who knows?

Disneyland Paris is going to renovate Disney Village

080318pad1.jpg.08d0a5919507441100e4033dc4bd35a3.jpg

There are plans for a major renovation of the Disney Village entertainment area at Disneyland Paris. The freely accessible nightlife area with shops, restaurants, a cinema complex and a dinner show will be renovated in the near future. That is confirmed by Francis Borezée, Deputy Director of real estate development at Euro Disney.

In recent years, many major attractions in Disneyland have been refurbished. Recently the Walt Disney Company announced that the Walt Disney Studios Park will be expanded for 2 billion euros. "The next step will be to renew Disney Village," says Borezée in an interview with business magazine Forbes.

The area of 44,000 square meters can also become larger. "We will start renovating, but we have the opportunity to expand." Perhaps there will be a new convention center on the site of Dôme Disney Village.

The style that Disney Village will soon receive has not yet been decided. "We are still thinking about it in the head office in California," says owner Robert Earl of restaurants Planet Hollywood and Earl of Sandwich.

The expansion plans for the Walt Disney Studios Park may also mean that a new Disney hotel will be built, says Borezée. "We already have locations in mind for that, but no decision has yet been taken."

080318pad2.jpg.854076046c2d35014fa8ef2cc87b44f2.jpg

080318pad4.jpg.9a7a40ac11b14220b211b46c0ba88bb5.jpg

Source

^ I agree with a revamp of the Disney Village area, too. When we first visited in 2002, the place still had it's massive columns, and

strings of lights all criss-crossing over the pathways. Then, a few years later, it was mostly all gone. We especially missed the strings of lights.

It's a mishmash of stuff in there, most places to eat and drink, but something better might be able to be created out of all that's there.

IMG_9328.JPG.63a55f3f82a34d63fdc9cdb9c185a112.JPG

The World of Disney was a nice addition to the Village, at the time. Sept.21, 2015.

Edited by Nrthwnd

• 2 weeks later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/avengers-and-other-super-heroes-to-assemble-in-new-themed-areas-at-disneyland-resort-disneyland-paris-and-hong-kong-disneyland/

Highly anticipated new experiences at Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland will soon invite guests to become part of a bigger universe filled with epic heroes and adventures, and today we’re sharing a sneak peek! Developed in partnership with Marvel Studios and Marvel Themed Entertainment, these three new areas will champion the next generation of Super Heroes.

As part of the transformative multi-year expansion announced for Disneyland Paris, the new Marvel-themed area at Walt Disney Studios Park will include a reimagined attraction where riders will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers on a hyper-kinetic adventure in 2020. This will follow an epic experience launching this summer, when Disneyland Paris hosts Marvel Summer of Super Heroes from June 10 to September 30. Favorite heroes will take the stage for a brand new, live-action super-production featuring cutting-edge special effects and spectacular projections.

Paris_Poster_nobrick.thumb.jpg.fa2dd5525b7ee8b0335a5c34c86c14e3.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 1 month later...

Problems with Ratatouille in Disneyland Paris: attraction closed for a long time

190518rat.jpg.3bcbf10ff72eb49162195a695cf5e001.jpg

The attraction Ratatouille: The Adventure at Disneyland Paris has to be closed for repair work for a long time. Not because there is something wrong with the attraction itself, but because there are problems with the foundation. It is sinking.

That was told by operational director Daniel Delcourt Friday evening in a conversation with fansites. Ratatouille only opened four years ago. "You will think: the attraction is just new, why already a renovation?", Says Delcourt.

"But we have discovered that mistakes were made during construction, causing the foundation to sink when the attraction is operational." The entire floor must be replaced. That will take months. The popular darkride will probably be closed in the second half of this year.

190518unrat.jpg.cb0fd5446f51437a5d3a4cf104a7ddcf.jpg

Source

^^ That's pretty sad about what's happening with the floor/foundation, of all things! I hope they can work it out, for good.

And...They just announced putting a version of Mickey's PhilharMagic in the old Discoveryland Theatre, beside Star Tours:

During a special conference to promote the Disneyland Paris resort called InsideEars, Disney officials confirmed some new attractions and developments were on the way. Up first was the confirmation that Mickey's PhilharMagic, a popular 4D theater attraction from the Orlando park, would open in Disneyland Paris this October inside the Discoveryland Theater. The theater is already closed and construction is under way.

The fun 4D adventure film follows Donald Duck around in panic mode to recover Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat after a failed attempt at one-upmanship goes wrong, sending him on a wild adventure through the Disney animated universe, set to your favorite Disney songs.

PhilharMagic2018.jpg.758bb2fdbea2d4471b31fa1411a1a065.jpg

Photo from WDW News Today, thanks!

In other 'rides falling apart that really shouldn't be' news, Tower of Terror will also be having its facade replaced as it is covered in cracks and safety netting as chunks keep falling off.

image028.thumb.jpg.cd331736f25cb9de7a3144f80bef8156.jpg

Image: Disney and More

image034.thumb.jpg.904e9608f9e00481adcd83d128075c78.jpg

Image: Disney and More

Edited by KarlaKoaster