TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

^ Fun to watch, thanks again, for posting it!

IMG_9516.JPG.cba414cdeb08c63a2d12d3e76a562d52.JPG

Perfect Landing! Me and "Tight Fit" David in our Zodiac Sign StarShip ~ Aries!

We're DDouble OOnes, too! {Be afraid ~ Be Very Afraid} Taken Sept.24, 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Something posted at screamscape.com ....

New Major Attraction - Planned - (11/23/17) According to Forbes, Disney is now planning on adding some kind of “major new attraction” to Disneyland Paris in 2024 as part of a massive new investment into the property now that they have full control over the property. Other new additions and capital expenditure projects planned over the next decade include upgrades to several hotel properties as well as adding Marvel themed attractions to the Walt Disney Studios Paris theme park.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2017/11/22/euro-disney-planning-blockbuster-new-attraction-for-2024/#4179a5c13c1c

New Major Attraction - Planned - (11/23/17) According to Forbes, Disney is now planning on adding some kind of “major new attraction” to Disneyland Paris in 2024 as part of a massive new investment into the property now that they have full control over the property. Other new additions and capital expenditure projects planned over the next decade include upgrades to several hotel properties as well as adding Marvel themed attractions to the Walt Disney Studios Paris theme park.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2017/11/22/euro-disney-planning-blockbuster-new-attraction-for-2024/#4179a5c13c1c

2024? Third Park?

Wasn't it said somewhere that Disney's deal with the French government meant they had to get a third park built at some point? Or am I misremembering it?

2024 seems pretty far off for just one attraction unless it's part of or preceded by a long-term expansion of WDS.

Edited by cookiex

...as well as adding Marvel themed attractions to the Walt Disney Studios Paris theme park.

So.... does that mean we can expect a ToT makeover in Paris also?

I would love to see a new land added to the Studios Park, like Pandora or Star Wars. Get rid of the stupid Tram Tour, make some space to put in a new land and turn it into a full-day park!

^ I'm pretty sure there has been stuff posted about ToT's (probable) makeover into the Guardians ToT, like in California.

And I agree, the tram tour is not really that "up to date" anymore. Well, except for the always entertaining

Catastrophe Canyon, which people have joked, should be turned into it's own stand-alone attraction.

^ And I think that last space where they make a last turn around, before heading to the station.... "London Under Dragon Siege"......

I can't even remember the movie, that all that "city carnage" was based on.

So long ago. But it's a huge amount of space, also now becoming a huge waste of space....and time.

Perfect space for a stand alone attraction, hmm?

^ And I think that last space where they make a last turn around, before heading to the station.... "London Under Dragon Siege"......

I can't even remember the movie, that all that "city carnage" was based on.

So long ago. But it's a huge amount of space, also now becoming a huge waste of space....and time.

Reign of Fire. I've never seen it but I remember the tour mentioning it years ago. A really forgettable movie when it came out, and definitely forgotten by now... So yeah a big waste of space.

I would think that a "massive new" attraction may follow the same pattern as Florida, Toy Story land expansion then into Star Wars Land for WDSP. They really could use TS Midway Mania and the Slinky Dog Coaster to enhance their Toy Story area. I don't think Marvel has anywhere near the long term appeal of the Star Wars franchise. Would much rather see them do a Star Wars makeover on TOT instead of GOTG. Drop out Aerosmith, replace with any number of SW themes. Same with Armageddon, if not just repurpose building into completely different attraction. The catastrophe canyon still looks cool, maybe re-use as backdrop for variation of Radiator Spring Racers.

Of course, there still is that pretty massive spot over in Adventureland, beside the Indy coaster?

That could hold a pretty big attraction on both sides of the train track, before the train goes into the PoTC Tunnel.

But I do know they have to do something to improve the Studios, as soon as they can do it.

Of course, there still is that pretty massive spot over in Adventureland, beside the Indy coaster?

That could hold a pretty big attraction on both sides of the train track, before the train goes into the PoTC Tunnel.

But I do know they have to do something to improve the Studios, as soon as they can do it.

Carsland?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ Have you looked into literally every Disney park's new attraction schedules? Disney isn't Six Flags. They don't need to add a new attraction every year to keep attendance. They'll spend a decade researching awesome new tech and unveil an attraction that costs hundreds of millions of dollars.

I share the sentiment that DLP desperately needs new attractions. I had not visited since 2005 until this past year and it felt like nothing had changed. The attendance patterns reinforce that, with DLP decreasing and Studios being relatively flat. Disney Village is still stuck in the past as well.

Don't see why they can't simultaneously bring the park "up to Disney" standards AND build new attractions. They did just that transforming DCA.

I visited in 2002 and then again at the start of 2017, the only new attraction in the main park in all that time was Buzz Lightyear.......15 years with one new ride! I think its says a lot about how good big thunder mountain is that attendance stays that high.

The less said about the studios park the better.

Think there are rumours about some sort of revamp coming this Spring but who knows.

I share the sentiment that DLP desperately needs new attractions. I had not visited since 2005 until this past year and it felt like nothing had changed. The attendance patterns reinforce that, with DLP decreasing and Studios being relatively flat. Disney Village is still stuck in the past as well.

Don't see why they can't simultaneously bring the park "up to Disney" standards AND build new attractions. They did just that transforming DCA.

DCA doesn't bleed money regularly like Paris has done for twenty years plus now though. That's the main reason everything's been held back for so long.