Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:40 am

I will add to note the employees actually operating the rides. .. in particular the flats, were enthusiastic, engaging the riders currently on the rides, and seemed to be enjoying the job

To highlight one? The op at Gunslinger. Such a great enthusiasm— on a kind of lame cycle (no tilt at all?). But we didn’t really care some he was so much fun
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:50 am

I've gone from ops talking to kids instead of checking restraints to CP tier ops in the same day before. SFOT is weird.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby Vonni » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Sorry if this has been covered, but where in the park will the super loop be located?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:02 am

Vonni wrote:Sorry if this has been covered, but where in the park will the super loop be located?

I believe the Caddo Lake Barge is moving to Frontier City. It’s one of the four new attractions announced at Frontier City. The super loop will go in that area. Replacing a ride that I never rode with a new ride I will never ride.
Last edited by Mrlittle on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:58 am.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:58 am

With as much hate as the Super Loops get are they actually fun? I’ve ridden the carnival fireball rides before and enjoyed them greatly. Do they not improve a parks lineup of rides or do enthusiasts just hate them because they’re loud, obnoxious, marketed as coasters, and not the big RMC/Intamin/Mack/B&M they wanted?
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby bert425 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:With as much hate as the Super Loops get are they actually fun? I’ve ridden the carnival fireball rides before and enjoyed them greatly. Do they not improve a parks lineup of rides or do enthusiasts just hate them because they’re loud, obnoxious, marketed as coasters, and not the big RMC/Intamin/Mack/B&M they wanted?

I find them fun, and usually will take a spin on them.

glad we just rode (for the 1st time) Cado Lake Barge, if it is going away.
Not near as intense, or fun, as Pipe Scream at Cedar Point, but it was a nice little distraction and feels like a mini Tilt a Whirl.

also to note, what a difference a day makes! we went back to SFoT yesterday morning for a few hours before heading back to Austin, and without it being BAFF day? Park was *way* less crowded, operations were spot on, and the employees were all happy and cheerful (although, it WAS morning, and the heat of the day hadn't kicked in yet).

in just under 3 hours, hit:
Battle for Metropolis
Skyscreamer (almost a walk on, after pulling 2hour waits Sat)
Riddler (twice)
Catwoman
Harley (twice)
Batwing
Batman (was gonna do Mr. Freeze, but it broke down while in line, and tho came back up less than 10 minutes later, they made everyone evacuate the line, so just went to Batman instead)
Judge Roy
Pandemonium
Superman ToP
Rodeo (hadn't been open on Sat)
and Runaway Mountain (with only a 15 minute wait).

so yeah, we got a LOT done in under 3 hours.

it's weird in that several rides didn't open until close to noon tho. it's not AREAs, but rides: Harley opened around 11:40, JRS opened at Noon, Aquaman not till noon, and we noticed that Roaring Rapids also didn't open till noon.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:27 pm

What did you think of Riddler? It's it's in my top 3 out there. The only ride I actually getting nervous riding. I just picture that thing flying off and throwing us onto the highway.
I'm def gonna have to come get scared on y'alls when it opens. Bigger and faster!

Postby bert425 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:40 pm

ComeRideWithMe wrote:What did you think of Riddler? It's it's in my top 3 out there. The only ride I actually getting nervous riding. I just picture that thing flying off and throwing us onto the highway.
I'm def gonna have to come get scared on y'alls when it opens. Bigger and faster!

I liked Riddler, but since I rode it the first time just after Skyscreamer, it didn't seem that high. But I LOVED Harley (riding on the outermost seat, it feels like you're gonna hit the beams as it twirls. . going Single Rider line is the way to go. . ended up in outermost seats on both of my Sunday rides).

and I think I liked Catwoman slightly better too.

and FINALLY after 9 years, got to get a ride on Mr. Freeze (it broke down while I was in line for it Sat, but waited it out, and got a back seat ride).

it broke down while i was in line for it on Sunday too. .but they cleared the line in that case and wouldn't let us wait it out, so went to Batman instead.

and by the way, Wendi. . thank you SO much for your help while we were in Arlington. TPR folks really are the best :)

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Hey guys. I might pull the trigger on my first ever trip to SFoT for Fright Fest on Saturday, 10/20. I'm assuming the park will be very busy. I have a few questions.

1)We'll absolutely be getting the highest level of Flash Pass. Does anyone have an idea how much this will cost per person? 2)Also, will it be worth it? Will we still be waiting 20-30 minutes to ride or will it be more like KI, were we'll be able to ride quickly. I know there are tricks we can do like scheduling a ride when we're getting ready to board another one.

3)I have no idea how the haunt passes work at a SF park. Do they charge per haunt? Also, is there a way to get some kind of a premium pass where we can skip the line?
4)Is it hard to get a beer at this park? Haunts are usually one event (aside from Busch parks...) where we really cut loose. I know SF parks usually only have a couple of places where you can get drinks and beer, but is that ramped up for the fright?
5)I also would be interested in possibly going to the park for a few hours on the following Sunday and I'm curious how the lines would be without flash pass.

Thanks for any input I can get.
-Zach

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 pm

^ as you'll see a couple of posts above, while the park was SLAMMED on the Sat before Labor Day (the line for Flash Pass was so long, we didn't even consider it). . on Sunday, it was about 1/5th of the crowd, and got on a ton of stuff with little or no wait.

helpful hint even if crowded: Superman Power Tower, La Vibora, Harley Quinn Spinsanity - all have Single Rider Lines. use them.

I got on Superman in less than 10 minutes on a crowded Sat, where the standby line was over an hour, just by going in single rider line.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!