Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm

ComeRideWithMe wrote:It's been clearing out around 6pm on these hot days. Which doesn't make sense to me. Semi heavy crowds during the heat of the day, then everyone leaves when it starts to get tolerable. It'll be walk on most rides. I may be out there the 6th later in the day if ya want to meet up. Its the first day of bring a friend free so was gonna take someone. Those days are usually nightmares but it's going 6th-10th and I'm hoping that first day won't be as bad.

would love to, but if you're not coming out until later in the day, we're gonna miss each other, as we're targeting heading back to Austin no later than 3:30.

(figure 6 hours in park Sunday night, then 5 hours Monday morning, will be enough for us) :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:03 am

You will have plenty of time to ride everything multiple times in those days I'm sure.
I may not even go at all if we keep getting 105-110° heat. Even at 9pm it's still been in the hundreds. Good lawd!

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 am

ComeRideWithMe wrote:You will have plenty of time to ride everything multiple times in those days I'm sure.
I may not even go at all if we keep getting 105-110° heat. Even at 9pm it's still been in the hundreds. Good lawd!

yeah, luckily we're both from Texas. . so we're KIND OF used to it?

LOL
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:07 am

I like SFOT because even when it's 100+ there's plenty of shaded areas and trees over by Titan/NTaG, Runaway Mountain, and of course Justice League and Mr. Freeze have the indoor queue. The mist fans around the park are great when they're on. Plus they have a rapids ride with actual atmosphere/theming which is awesome! It's not too hard to stay cool at SFOT.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:20 am

LiftThrill wrote:I like SFOT because even when it's 100+ there's plenty of shaded areas and trees over by Titan/NTaG, Runaway Mountain, and of course Justice League and Mr. Freeze have the indoor queue. The mist fans around the park are great when they're on. Plus they have a rapids ride with actual atmosphere/theming which is awesome! It's not too hard to stay cool at SFOT.

The few times I've been during this summer heat it was still brutal to me. I went on the 11th to ride the new HQ and the heat mixed with spinning made me a little woozy. I greyed out a bit on Titan and that rarely happens. Mr Freeze has THE BEST AC in the park tho, you're right about that.
I was born here but this summer has kicked my butt so far, and we're not even to August.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 am

SFFT has trained me well for heat - unlike SFOT, the heat precautions are a little lacking there so a souvenir cup, free ice water cups, and staying in the shade are all nice.
I can only believe that the Mr. Freeze queue being so amazing is considered theming, and Titan when it's 95+ is probably one of the worst coaster experiences of all time.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:26 am

I'm waiting for Jerry Jones to partner with SFOT and build something bigger than Kennywood's new coaster just for the hell of it. Seems like something he would do.
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:49 pm

If the NFL theming at parks takes off I could see it happening. But he'll find a way to make the taxpayers of Arlington pay for it.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm in the early stages of looking at potential trips next year and at the moment, this is the park I'm looking at. I'd fly into DFW, transit to the hotel, drop bags off, head into Six Flags or a baseball game--cause if it's that close... Spend a couple days at Six Flags, fly home.

Since I get some good deals with Choice, how's the Sleep Inn across from Judge Roy Scream? Also, the Choice webpage for the hotel mentions an Arlington trolley service? Can anyone recommend that? I also see a Bowling museum nearby. Anyone been to that?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!