lign:center;margin:0 auto;">

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 932 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Itachi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Since I am thinking about going to Holiday in the Park in December, does anyone know what major rides I can expect to be closed if I'm able to visit? I read somewhere that Mr. Freeze and Batman are closed for sure, are those the only two closed big rides?

In addition, does someone know the answer to the same question for SF Fiesta Texas and SF Mexico? This is maybe not the topic for that, but I feel like I'm spamming the forum if I post the same question in three different topics.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Sportsdude360 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Freeze and Batman are usually the only two. I'm not sure what they are planning for Joker.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TeenTitans » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:38 pm

My family and a friend of my brother (glad she loves riding coasters lol) will be going for Fright fest this weekend :) .
IMO, SFOT stepped up on their Fright Fest last year. Hope it's gonna it's good this year aswell.

(I'll also finally get the chance to ride The Joker this time.)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rskapcat » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:04 pm

I've been taking my 4 year old son to Fright Fest on Friday nights. (He likes the zombie dancers and is pretty chill about the spooky folks getting in his face in the scare zones.) The crowds are manageable, and we have a good time walking around and occasionally riding stuff. I decided to switch things up and take him on Sunday afternoon so we could get some daytime and nighttime Fright Fest fun in. It was super crowded when we got there, but I heard so many parents noting that they needed to head out by 6 that I thought it would clear out a bit by the time The Awakening started. WRONG. And then it was nuts to butts walking around. I can only imagine how packed it is on Saturdays. We'll stick to our Friday night routine this weekend.

The Awakening is a lot more, uh, satan-y than the past few years, ha. :devil:

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:08 pm

^Yeah, the devil himself put's in an appearance at this years awakening!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tega234 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Hey guys, Southern Californian here wondering the best time of year to go to SFOT. I hear great things about your park and really want to see it in person.

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:00 pm

tega234 wrote:Hey guys, Southern Californian here wondering the best time of year to go to SFOT. I hear great things about your park and really want to see it in person.

Springtime! Late May would be a really good time. The weather's nice, and the new Tourbillion ride should be open!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coastercowboy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:43 am

Hi folks. Been a long time lurker on TPR and wanted to share my first trip report with y'all. The family and I visited Six Flags Over Texas on Sunday the 19th to enjoy Holiday in the Park. Overall, a really good experience. Everyone had fun and the frustrations were minimal.

We had great weather, sunny in the 60's and light wind. The park was moderately busy, but in all honesty I was expecting it to be busier. It was bring a friend free weekend. That combined with the good weather I wasn't sure what to expect. We feel fortunate that our wait times were not too bad. Everything was running and most, if not all with two trains. The exception of course was Mr. Freeze which I believe always shuts down for HitP. However, Batman was running, which was a nice surprise as that has been closed In years past.

We rode;

Runaway Mountain - walk on - great family coaster.
New Texas Giant x2- first time, 1 car wait for the front seat. Second time, a fantastic night ride with about a 15 minute wait. A really great coaster!
Titan - 10 minute wait. tried to ride again after dark but it was down for awhile. Fun first drop and intense helices. Would've liked to got the night ride.
Shockwave - 5 minutes - Always a good time!
Judge Roy Scream - 10 minutes - kind of rough but OK.
Mine Ride - 10 minutes - Fun for the family.
Batman - 20 minutes for front car - short, fast and fun
SkyScreamer X2 - Once during the day and once after dark to see the lights. About 15 minutes wait in the afternoon about 20 minutes second time through.
Justice League - 10 minute wait. We got kind of lucky with this, as it had been down for a bit, but re-opened the gates as we walked by. So on in we went!
Riddler - 20 minute wait
The Six Flags Railway - rode it at night to see more of the lights.
The kids rode a few of smaller rides as well.

Didn't ride Joker this time nor La Vibora (which was well over an hour wait). Tried to ride Pandemonium but it went down while we were at the bottom of the steps. Once three members of maintenance came and started to walk up the lift we hill we bailed.

The Holiday in the Park theme was done pretty well. Lots of colorful lights, good scenery. The had fire pits to roast s'mores. The kids enjoyed the sledding hill.

The food was fine for Six Flags; The lines for the food weren't that bad either. JB's Smokehouse was turning 'em over pretty quick.

All in all, a fun trip to kick start the holiday season! And now the photos! Hope y'all enjoy!
IMG_0738.JPG
New Texas Giant
IMG_0745.JPG
147' down
IMG_0748.JPG
Overview of NTAG
IMG_0749.JPG
Chaparral Antique Cars
IMG_0761.JPG
Cyborg - Justice League
IMG_0764.JPG
The Hall of Justice
IMG_0768.JPG
Runaway Mine Train
IMG_0780.JPG
Batman!
IMG_0796.JPG
Batman from the sky
IMG_0790.JPG
The Judge
IMG_0793.JPG
Riddler
IMG_0815.JPG
Shockwave
IMG_0798.JPG
Titan and NTAG
IMG_0732.JPG
HitP Carousel
IMG_0735.JPG
Peppermint Parlor
IMG_0809.JPG
Christmas time!
IMG_0811.JPG
Cowboy Santa
IMG_0817.JPG
Lights!
IMG_0818.JPG
Lights!
IMG_0820.JPG
and more lights!
IMG_0836.JPG
Christmas Tree
IMG_0839.JPG
More Christmas Trees
IMG_0841.JPG
Carousel at night
IMG_0847.JPG
Frosty snowhill

Postby Sportsdude360 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Anyone happen to know how much they're charging to roast marshmallows this year?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!