TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT), this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 10th, 2005 - New additions announced for 2006 season (SEE BELOW)

March 13th, 2006 - Texas Tornado accident injures 4 people

November 7th, 2006 - SFoT will announce 2007 plans in one week

November 13th, 2007 - New Cirque show for SFoT in 2007

September 24th, 2007 - Tony Hawk's Big Spin to open in 2008

October 2nd, 2007 - Wildcatter imploded to make room for Tony Hawk's Big Spin

December 19th, 2007 - SFoT seeks permit to start sell beer

March 18th, 2008 - Flooding at SFoT

April 2nd, 2008 - L0CKERS coming to SFoT for their major attractions

September 15th, 2008 - Glow on the Dark Parade coming to SFoT in 2009

March 16th, 2009 - SFoT announces plans to extensively overhaul Texas Giant

March 26th, 2009 - SFoT obtains permit to sell beer

September 28th, 2009 - Hints that work on Texas Giant will not be your typical retracking

September 29th, 2009 - SF releases limited info: states complete retracking, overbanked turns and Gerstlauer trains

SFoT shocks everybody by revealing that Texas Giant is being worked by Rocky Mountain Coasters with steel track

April 12th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update

May 12th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update

June 27th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update

July 6th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update

August 21st, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update

September 8th, 2010 - Flooding at SFoT

September 19th, 2010 - New Texas Giant construction update

November 2nd, 2010 -New Texas Giant construction update

December 12th, 2010 - New Texas Giant Construction update

January 4th, 2011 - Picture of New Texas Giant trains

April 21st, 2011 - TPR's New Texas Giant Media Day POV

January 15th, 2012 - Hurricane Harbor adding Dive Bomber, a 5 story freefall slide in 2012

March 22nd, 2012 - Mr. Freeze to be transformed into Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast

August 2nd, 2012 - Flashback and Texas Chute Out to close forever September 3rd!

August 30th, 2012 - Texas SkyScreamer Officially Announced!

October 11th, 2012 - Texas Chute Out tumbles to make way for the Texas SkyScreamer

February 13th, 2013 - Man without fully developed hands suing park for being denied ride on Aquaman

March 4th - Opening Day Trip Report

May 24th, 2013 - SkyScreamer Media Day

July 19th, 2013 - rider fatally ejected from New Texas Giant

August 29th, 2013 - expansion of kid's area announced

February 13th, 2014 - Hurricane Harbor to add Wahoo Racer mat slide!

February 18th, 2014 - Six Flags to sue Gerstlauer over NTAG trains

May 30th, 2014 - test seat checking for NTaG still a work in progress

June 13th, 2014 - Batman: The Ride to run backwards in July

August 28th, 2014 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis announced for 2015

October 10th, 2014 - New Texas Giant switches to 5 car traina

November 18, 2014 - Joker Animatronic video for Justice League: Battle for Metropolis unveiled

January 6th, 2015 - construction update Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

May 20th, 2015 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Media Day

September 3rd, 2015 - Three new rides announced for 2016 Gotham City expansion: Riddler Revenge, Catwoman Whip, Harley Quinn Spinsanity

March 14th, 2016 - Media Day for VR on Shock Wave!

September 1st, 2016 - Joker Roller Coaster announced for 2017

August 31st, 2018 - Harley Quinn Sopinsanity (ABC Engineering's Tourbillon) announced for 2018

August 30th, 2018 - Lone Star Revolution (Larson Loop) announced for 2019-

August 29th, 2019 - Aquaman Water Caoster anniunced for 2020

January 6th, 2021 - Fire and Ice Festival Announced!

August 10th, 2021 - Pirates of Speelunker Cave announced for 2022!

Original Post:

From Press Release received this morning:

More rides, more thrills, more family fun in 2006!

Arlington, TX - Six Flags Over Texas today announced a sweeping capital expansion project that will forever change the landscape of the 212-acre acre theme park and mark the largest capital expansion in the park's 45- year history!

In Spring 2006, Six Flags Over Texas will debut a phenomenal package of family rides that will give every Guest 10 new reasons to visit and 10 new reasons there'll be 10 times the fun at the best theme park in the Southwest!

"Remaining true to our tradition, the addition of 10 new family rides in 2006 represents a major commitment on the part of Six Flags Over Texas to keep delivering wholesome family fun, " said Steve Calloway, vice president and general manager. "Ten rides in one year is a huge investment. These new attractions provide a great ride experience to Guests of all ages and will be enjoyed by generations of families for years and years to come."

This Texas-size expansion includes a host of the most innovative and exciting family rides in the industry. The new attractions will be located in different areas

of the park, giving Guests a greater variety and the ability to maximize their visit to Six Flags Over Texas. Joining the ever-growing Six Flags Over Texas rides arsenal will be:

* Blackbird - Spread your wings and fly high in the sky as nine planes zip around an oval-shaped course. Each plane can accommodate up to four children or one adult and two children.

* La Fiesta de las Tazas - Spin around super fast or slow it down to savor the experience. This family favorite will leave Guests spinning with excitement.

* Rock-N-Rocket - Zip into orbit as the rocket and its 50 passengers make several exhilarating 360-degree loops before swinging back earthward for a gentle stop.

* Rodeo - True Texans love a good rodeo. Cowboys and cowgirls alike can test their riding skills on these bucking bulls. Saddle up!

* Crazy Legs - Whirling, twirling fun for the whole family. This "crazy" ride moves in a circular fashion with gondolas that move in the opposite direction.

* Caddo Lake Barge - A high capacity family attraction, the Caddo Lake Barge features a unique combination of rocking motions and has received top awards from the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.

* Sidewinder - A ride with timeless popularity and commonly referred to as the "scrambler" received its original name from the way it looks while in operation, resembling scrambling eggs.

* Up, Up & Away - Experience a breathtaking view of the park while riding on unique hot air balloons. Up, up and away we go!

* Boot Scootin' - These boots are made for walkin' or in this case*ridin'! Try these on for size in a one-of-a-kind interactive bouncing ride experience.

* Interactive Spray Ground - Loads of water fun for Guests of all ages. Another great place to cool off during those hot Texas summer months.

Take all these great new attractions and add them to our already amazing lineup, and there'll be more to do, more to smile about, and more fun than ever in 2006! There's a lot happening at Six Flags Over Texas next year, and you won't want to miss a minute of it. So, make plans now to visit again and again. Our 45th season is shaping up to be our best season ever!

The new year begins March 4th. Spring Breakout takes place March 11 - 19. Visit us on the web at http://www.sixflags.com for more details.

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Through its subsidiaries, it owns and operates a total of 29 parks in North America. Six Flags parks serve 34 of the 50 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly held corporation with corporate offices in New York City and Oklahoma City. The Company's stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol: PKS.

Wow thats a lot off stuff, and all of it sounds really cool! Some of the rides like Blackbird and Crazy legs sound odd to picture, but should be interesting. If anything, the Interactive Spray Ground sounds like more fun than all of those things to me! Although I like the lineup of rides, I think a HUSS Fly Away would also have been a good flat to put in aswell.

In Spring 2006, Six Flags Over Texas will debut a phenomenal package of family rides that will give every Guest 10 new reasons to visit and 10 new reasons there'll be 10 times the fun at the best theme park in the Southwest!

So....SFOT only has one ride now? But anyways, good for SFOT.

Colin C

Sounds just like SDC. But without all the theming.

I'm really surprised all the rides are not from Astroworld.

With the exception of SWAT, the skyride, and Diablo Falls, they're getting the three non-coaster rides from AW that they didn't already have.

YES! Finally something SFOT needs; flats. Here's the ride list...

Blackbird - Chance Morgan Aviator? I'm not sure because it has to have an oval path.

La Fiesta de las Tazas - Tea Cups

Rock-N-Rocket - Looping Starship from AW

Rodeo - Breakdance

Crazy Legs - Warp 2000 from AW?

Caddo Lake Barge - Rockin Tug

Sidewinder - Scrambler from AW

Up, Up & Away - Ballon Race or Samba Balloon Tower

Boot Scootin' - Huss Jump?

I'm looking forward to the Huss Jump and Breakdance. Too bad we didn't get the Disko I was looking forward too.

Its nice to see a Six Flags park put money into something that is more on the "family" side. Seeing as how most Six Flags parks are straying away from serving familes. And knowing that its in Texas means that Six Flags will have A LOT of serving to do to some BIG families!

_six

Blackbird - Zamperla Telecombat

La Fiesta de las Tazas - Zamperla Tea Cups

Rock-N-Rocket - INTAMIN Looping Starship (SFAW)

Rodeo - HUSS Breakdance (SFGAdv)

Crazy Legs - HUSS Troika (SFAW)

Caddo Lake Barge - Zamperla Rockin Tug

Sidewinder - Eli Bridge Scrambler (SFAW)

Up, Up & Away - Zamperla Samba Balloons

Boot Scootin' - ARM/Larson Mega Bounce

that rodeo ride is a blast!

i remember a few years back, the ride op asked if we wanted to go faster!!! me being scared poopless of spinning and motion mixed together - freaked out and said NOOO!!! whilst everyone esle said YESS!!! They turbo charged that thing. freakeist flat moment ever for me. never again.

glad to see it up somehwere so people can experience it too!

One day, I hope to get to SFoT. Maybe next year if my mom and I return to visit her family in Amarillo like we did this past May---we'll just take a side trip to Dallas/Fort Worth!

I'd like to see SFMM announce ten new rides in one season, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Eric

Larson Mega Bounce - ewww why not just get the Sartori techno-jump.. its the same ride but WAY better and no OTSR!

Because the Sartori is a piece of junk, much like the ARM one. Larson only did the fabrication and copy on the ride, so don't blame Larson for the crapiness

We rode a Sartori at spring con in 04 at the Larson plant .. it never worked right.

Edit: It appears this isn't a ARM afterall .. it's a Zamperla, but not sure what model of Zamperla since I've never seen a Zamperla version of this style of ride .. so .. maybe a new ride from Zamperla afterall.

While im not a huge fan of "flats", its great to see SFoT bringing them in for the "family" set. My question is: Where in gods name are they going to put them?? Unless they're going to....:

A) Remove Flashback,bumper cars and chubbies

B) Take out the "Go Kart Track"

C) Move further into the parking lot

...im not sure they have room

Bumper Cars is listed as gone, but now they are set to return. Flashback isn't going anywhere and the same for Chubbies. Texas Tornado (Chance YoYo is being relocated to Texas) and El Sombrero is being relocated. The Chuckwagon Grill, Judge Lemondae, Longhorn General Store and Superheros Store are demolished and gone.

No rides are being expanded in the parking lot at all, all are being located within the current boundries.

I'm not sure what is more accurate, I was informed by my contacts inside the park I've had for year there is a Zamperla Telecombat in the package, but a Flying Tigers is likely .. but I was informed they weren't THAT impressed with the ride.