TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Hey everyone, gonna be visiting SFOT next Monday the 16th. We're thinking about getting platinum flash passes. Is there any ride amount restrictions? Last time I got a flash pass was in Six Flags Chicago and you could only use it 1 time on Goliath, and that was the 2nd season of the new RMC coaster. Thanks!!

Hey everyone, gonna be visiting SFOT next Monday the 16th. We're thinking about getting platinum flash passes. Is there any ride amount restrictions? Last time I got a flash pass was in Six Flags Chicago and you could only use it 1 time on Goliath, and that was the 2nd season of the new RMC coaster. Thanks!!

Sorry I don't know the answer to that question. I just wanted to advice you to wait and see how the crowds are before investing in a flash pass. I was out there Monday July 2nd and there was a 1 to 2 train wait on all major rides. And they were having the Fourth of July celebration extras and fireworks and it just wasn't busy. In 3 hours I rode all the major rides and had time to sit down and take a break and eat.

I definitely recommend waiting until the day of. Last year I went on a Sunday in the middle of the summer and the longest wait was 15-20 minutes. They won't run out.

La Vibora will have one of the worst queues, but it also has a single rider line. Their Platinum Pass is the only level that gets you on New Texas Giant (unless that changed) and there's no restrictions on the number of rides.

...Their Platinum Pass is the only level that gets you on New Texas Giant (unless that changed)...

I think they might have changed that...

SFOT.png

Then again, I've never gotten anything other than Platinum... So I'm not 100% positive as to how accurate that list is.

we're gonna be making a trip up to SFoT (my first in many years) on Aug 5/6.

looking forwards to it, as we'll check into hotel and arrive to the park in the afternoon on that Sunday, and the park appears to be open until 10pm. . so assuming we'll see really light crowds as it gets later in the evening on that Sunday.

(intention is to stay till close Sunday, then get up, check out of hotel, and stop by park for a few hours before heading back to Austin by ~3pm).

so question. . . do they do fireworks on Sunday night? Looking at the SFoT calendar, this looks like the last Sunday they are open until 10pm . . not sure why.

regardless, I'm excited to see the Gotham area at night, as well as Texas Giant, since haven't been since they converted it.

but wondering if anyone knows if there will be fireworks?

That’s generally around the time they start shortening their hours before school goes back and weekend only operation resumes.

I’ve never heard of the park doing fireworks outside of the days around July 4th and that’s only something they resumed in the last few years.

That’s generally around the time they start shortening their hours before school goes back and weekend only operation resumes.

I’ve never heard of the park doing fireworks outside of the days around July 4th and that’s only something they resumed in the last few years.

ah, interesting.. and a bit disappointing. but oh well.

Guess I'm used to Fiesta Texas doing the nightly spectacular. . . and figured if they do it, the Main Park must also.

Just got back from riding Harley Quinn. There wasn't anyone there for the diamond/diamond elite ride times. The first ride had 3 people, the second had 5. We rode once going backwards and once forward. I liked going forwards better, felt faster. We spun the whole time on both rides. Nothing like the videos I've seen of Cyborg at SFGAv. It's a fun ride, not scary at all. Will make you a bit dizzy though. It's fun and worth about a 30 min wait time imo. So Gotham now has a great selection of flat rides, hope we get a new coaster next year.

(I took a 30 sec video while we were waiting but don't know how to upload it)

I can already tell, this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare! It broke down the day I rode it. Fortunately, I was able to ride before it went down for the rest of the day. The thing is VERY complicated with a lot of different motors and gears that all have to work together for the ride to operate.

I can already tell, this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare! It broke down the day I rode it. Fortunately, I was able to ride before it went down for the rest of the day. The thing is VERY complicated with a lot of different motors and gears that all have to work together for the ride to operate.

I was thinking the same thing when I was riding it. Gonna be a maintenance nightmare. I'm happy I got a couple rides in and got my feel for the summer. Hot and spinning made me a little woozy.

Seems there was a bad fight over here in Gotham! HQ is up to her shenanigans she may've used that mallet on the Riddler. He's out cold! The Joker is injured, paramedics are working on him. SMH

I wish I could understand what you were trying to say.... But I've got nothing.

Seems there was a bad fight over here in Gotham! HQ is up to her shenanigans she may've used that mallet on the Riddler. He's out cold! The Joker is injured, paramedics are working on him. SMH

I wish I could understand what you were trying to say.... But I've got nothing.

The Riddler ride has been down for at least a week. As for The Joker it broke down yesterday, crew was working on it yesterday, and I was passing by today they were still working.

HQ= Harley Quinn