TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

^ I did check, which is why I found it so odd that someone posting on a YouTube video claiming that it had been removed.

What? Are you telling me that something some random person said on Youtube wasn't true? What other lies have we been told?

But in all seriousness:

Flat rides like that are often disassembled for rehab during the off-season. It's entirely possible that someone caught wind of that and mistook it for the ride being removed.

Here's a satellite image of Valleyfair's Scrambler which was removed from its pad for offseason storage/maintenance/rehab.

598379216_ScramblerOffseason.jpg.a255acba243f2ed122a2495958357636.jpg

Valleyfair Scrambler pad Early 2017

It is my sad duty to report that the Huss Troika, which operated under the name Crazy Legs before being renamed Harley Quinn Spinsanity, is indeed being removed. The news came down at ACE South Central Winterfest. We don't know yet if the ride is being relocated, just that it's being removed.

It is my sad duty to report that the Huss Troika, which operated under the name Crazy Legs before being renamed Harley Quinn Spinsanity, is indeed being removed. The news came down at ACE South Central Winterfest. We don't know yet if the ride is being relocated, just that it's being removed.

that's nuts.

as noted, the pad is there. . so wonder what they might put in that spot?

Aw. That makes me sad that the Troika is getting removed. It was a very fun ride and it was one of the only non-thrill rides in Gotham. I hope they get some flying scooters in its place or something, though I wouldn't be super surprised if it is a super loop like what Six Flags Great America is getting.

• 3 weeks later...

Those are standard passes. In the past few years (perhaps even longer, I'm pretty sure they did it when I was a kid too) they've had an option that allows you to enter your ZIP code and get a much reduced price from what's listed there if you live outside of a certain distance away from the park. They were called "AARC" (not AARP, ha) passes. I was never able to figure out what it stood for.

This ride looks crazy/fun but for some reason I can't get that excited for it. Maybe it's all the spinning. I don't have a problem riding spinning rides, this just looks like something that wouldn't be on my list every visit.

Plus the lines are gonna be insane. I was wondering if it would've been possible to have seating on each side of it to get as many on as possible.

I'll be out there opening weekend, I'll take some pics of the progress and post them.

Ummmm, it does have seating on both sides. . .

SFOT_HarleyQuinn01_11x17_600dpi.jpg?resize=1170%2C610&ssl=1

No I meant on each end. Instead of it being loaded standing up, it could be been loaded laying flat and both ends have seats. I counted and I got 24 riders at a time. So 24 on one end and 24 on the other. For a fair/carnival ride 24 is fine, but a major amusement park the line will be a nightmare. Riddler's Revenge line moves slow and they can get 40 on at a time.

I don’t comprehend? Can you break it down for me? Longer line= more flash pass= more money. Screw guest experience, stockholders could care less about that.

Ahhhhhh BINGO! I did not think of that. I have a pass and live close by so it's gonna be the one I go to as soon as the gates open like I do with RR (when it's actually running)

Glad to see construction started! Is this supposed to open with the park or early season? Maybe they will find a way to construct this literally as slow as possible so they could have the usual memorial day opening? Jokes aside, im really interested to see how this ride turns out.

Glad to see construction started! Is this supposed to open with the park or early season? Maybe they will find a way to construct this literally as slow as possible so they could have the usual memorial day opening? Jokes aside, im really interested to see how this ride turns out.

The park opens next Saturday - the 24th. The website says late spring opening, so probably around Memorial Day. I will be at the park a few time before then, I will post any updates and pics from my visits.

Even though this is a flat ride, I still cannot see Six Flags opening it before Memorial Day. That’s just how they roll.

I have a Six Flags pass with food and parking, and I found some reasonable Frontier flights to DFW sometime in May or June, so I may visit this park if timing works out with school and work. After looking at Google Maps, it seems to airport is very close to the park, so Uber should be fairly cheap as well. It’s a possibility!

Anyone have any recommendations for cheap hotels near the park / airport?

Anyone have any recommendations for cheap hotels near the park / airport?

We love the Holiday Inn Arlington NE-Rangers Ballpark. Great hotel, and great location. Never had a bad experience, and we stay there probably 10+ times a year.