Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 932 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby gratteciel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:08 pm

I think it was $4 for one and $7 for two, but I don’t remember for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Sportsdude360 wrote:Freeze and Batman are usually the only two. I'm not sure what they are planning for Joker.

So much for that, it sounds like the park is now fully open for Holiday in the Park. That's awesome to see (and it's making me want to head down to Texas for the event next year). ;)

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:12 pm

coasterbill wrote:So much for that, it sounds like the park is now fully open for Holiday in the Park. That's awesome to see (and it's making me want to head down to Texas for the event next year). ;)

Wait... Is this #FakeNews... Or is this real life???

We were going to plan a trip to SFOT, but given that Mr. Freeze and Batman, and MAYBE Joker were going to be closed, we were like... Yeah, no. We will wait. But if they are open we are headed down there!! :br
Bigger is not always better.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 pm

am I mis-recalling an announcement that SFOT was going to be open year round?

(was that only Magic Mountain).

if SFOT announced that too.. maybe that's why everything is open?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby coasterbill » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:37 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
coasterbill wrote:So much for that, it sounds like the park is now fully open for Holiday in the Park. That's awesome to see (and it's making me want to head down to Texas for the event next year). ;)

Wait... Is this #FakeNews... Or is this real life???

We were going to plan a trip to SFOT, but given that Mr. Freeze and Batman, and MAYBE Joker were going to be closed, we were like... Yeah, no. We will wait. But if they are open we are headed down there!! :br

I'm pretty sure its not fake news, though upon further review... not 100% sure. Mr. Freeze is on the Holiday in the Park map and not listed as closed on the website, but Coastercowboy mentioned that it was closed last weekend on the last page. Joker and Batman are open for the event this year.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Maybe it was technical issues? Freeze was down for a good chunk of my visit earlier this year.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Coastercowboy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 pm

As far as I know Mr. Freeze is closed for the season. It showed closed for season earlier in the week and and it still shows closed for the season, on the app. I believe they are updating the website because it now shows both Harley Quinn rides on the ride list, with one of them as "not open yet". Everything else is up and running except the water rides, Oil Derrick and Freeze. Great bonus this year with Batman and Joker open.

The last day of the season is January 7th. Opening weekend for 2018 is February 24th-25th.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Geek Mojo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:43 am

Glad to hear The Joker is open for HITP. The website doesn't have it listed. Going here in about 4 weeks and can't wait to try out the new ride.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:29 am

Went on 12/01 and just about every major ride was walk on. It was great.
12/02 got there when it opened at noon and walked on all major rides except RR, it was down. Around 3 the place was getting packed with families so left.
12/03 got there at 415 (opened at 4) and had to park in the back lot. About a 10-15 min wait for most major rides early in the evening except Giant, that was about 25 min. RR was, once again, down but had just started letting riders in when we walked up so jumped on the first go round. Got packed around 7.
Going tonight and expect it to be dead since the weather here is cold now. I haven't been on any rides in this cold of weather, should be interesting.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:15 am

Woo lawd y'all, it was not a good night at Six Flags 12/8. The park wasnt busy, but almost every major ride was having technical difficulties. RR wasn't running, then they were testing it, let us in, then stopped mid cycle after one more test and that was all she wrote. Done for the night Next!
Supe was fine. Walk on.
SW was walk on, got up to get on the next train, tech diff. Next!
Giant walk on, sit in back car, starts to roll then stops. Yup, tech diff. Sat in the train for about 10 min while maintenance did something. Alarms went off, we looked at each other like "oh sh!t" then it rolled on with us. Stayed for a 2nd ride since nobody in line. Noticed it was very slow after the break. To the point I didn't think it was gonna make it all the way through. But hey, we got to ride something!
Titan was walk on. No one in the front car, which I've never rode bc I love the back. Then, tech diff! I swear I'm not lying. It was funny at this point. I asked the kid that was at the box why is this happening so much tonight. He told me it's the cold weather. It's 40 degrees here so not THAT cold.
Park was about to close at this point so ran to Batman and hopped on. Only 4 of us on the ride.

I've been going pretty much every Friday bc it's not busy, I live right down the street and gives me something to do. This has been the coldest night I've been. So, for people who live where it actually gets cold, do the rides there have problems like this?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!