TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

I just checked the park's website and there's no mention of the flume or Avalanche on the Rides or Pricing page. The only attractions mentioned are the Skyscraper (closed for season) and mini golf.

That's a shame since I heard good things about Avalanche.

I know it is not from the Dippin Dots guy and I never put too much credence into what a ride op says, but last summer the ride op at Avalanche turn me the coaster was closing soon and the owners were planning to replace it which a "better" coaster.

I know it is not from the Dippin Dots guy and I never put too much credence into what a ride op says, but last summer the ride op at Avalanche turn me the coaster was closing soon and the owners were planning to replace it which a "better" coaster.

Iron Horse Avalanche?

Or (Crazy Thought) A Gerstlauer Euro Fighter or Infinity. Don't seem that expensive and probably easy to market (Most inversions in the state, steepest drop in the state, tallest steel coaster in the state). That's me doing a Tony Clark impression.

I so want to get to Phantasialand. Chiapas looks amazing, as do many other rides.

(Yeah, yeah, I know this is the Mt. Olympus thread, but we all know no one really cares about Mt. Olympus, especially the people who own it.)

• 2 weeks later...

Uggghhh...that was really pathetic to watch.

So glad that our visits to SDC, SFStL and CP were the exact opposite of this. We encountered nothing but pleasant/friendly people during our visits to these parks. Granted it might have been because Michael was in a wheelchair, but still...

Glad that we went and got this park in when they were offering the 10:00 PM-1:00 AM tickets. There were hardly any people there and it was actually quite fun!

Iron Horse Avalanche?

Or (Crazy Thought) A Gerstlauer Euro Fighter or Infinity. Don't seem that expensive and probably easy to market (Most inversions in the state, steepest drop in the state, tallest steel coaster in the state). That's me doing a Tony Clark impression.

I think a Gravity Group would be a great replacement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I realize this isn't Mt. Olympus related (however it is Dells related), so if it needs to be moved elsewhere please let me know.

I'm planning to go to Noah's Ark this weekend. 1) How are lines? (I realize it is a Saturday, I would just like to set my expectations accordingly) 2) Are there any budget friendly places to stay in the Dells? (Side note: I do not have a tent or a sleeping bag). Thanks for any help in advance.

I realize this isn't Mt. Olympus related (however it is Dells related), so if it needs to be moved elsewhere please let me know.

I'm planning to go to Noah's Ark this weekend. 1) How are lines? (I realize it is a Saturday, I would just like to set my expectations accordingly) 2) Are there any budget friendly places to stay in the Dells? (Side note: I do not have a tent or a sleeping bag). Thanks for any help in advance.

https://www.dells.com/deals/coupons/

Click on Lodging

I visited Mt. Olympus for the first time On a Sunday a few weeks ago, and I have to say I actually had a pleasant experience. I anticipated it to be awful but it was basically just a poor man’s Holiday World (I felt like it was everything Holiday World offers, just not as good, but still decent).

I will say the ops are slow and it’s weird how every employee is imported, but they were mostly all very friendly, the park was clean, and the coasters were more intense than I would’ve ever guessed. I will say they were also shockingly rough.

I am not surprised Zeus closed down the next day and is still closed pending complete retracting of portions. It was so brutal I honestly was concerned for my life. Too bad because it was possibly my favorite coaster in their lineup, contrary to the opinion of most enthusiasts. Hades 360 was great too, but had a few random spots that were terribly rough. One train with a dispatch every 12 minutes didn’t help either but luckily it wasn’t too crowded. Still a 30 minute station wait at the peak of the crowds.

Need some input, is Mt. Olympus really that bad that I should avoid it at all costs? I’ve lived only a few hours away from the park for several years now and haven’t been yet, but since I might be moving away soon, I’m thinking about biting the bullet and going.

I went last summer and thought it wasn't nearly as bad as people say. I actually enjoyed my visit. Yes, employees are rude, bathrooms are disgusting, and operations are abysmal but other than that, it's a nice little park. Hades is my #1 coaster and I'd say it's worth the trip alone. Cyclops is great too. You can find tickets for really cheap sometimes, I got mine for literally $3 off of the Mount Olympus website. You should visit

^ You should probably go since it is only a 3 hour car ride away. Just go with no expectations and you should have a decent time but nothing spectacular. I wish it was a better park since it is so close to us but it is not.

I went last summer and thought it wasn't nearly as bad as people say. I actually enjoyed my visit. Yes, employees are rude, bathrooms are disgusting, and operations are abysmal but other than that, it's a nice little park.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!?!?!?! What else is there?!!!?

So employees are bad, facilities are gross, operations suck...oh and most of the rides try to kill you, but yeah it's great!

Sure, of course, everyone should go there once if you're into coasters, but don't try to paint it as some amazing place that people will love. Maybe you all tolerated it better because we set your expectations accordingly.