TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

I mean...

a man scaled a third-floor railing and stood stationary on an adjacent pillar. He then successfully jumped onto another pillar located across an opening in the stairwell, before losing his balance and falling approximately forty feet onto a concrete slab below.

... he was clearly sh*tfaced right?. While I DO expect a new fatality every time this thread is bumped, this one is clearly not the park's fault.

I mean...
a man scaled a third-floor railing and stood stationary on an adjacent pillar. He then successfully jumped onto another pillar located across an opening in the stairwell, before losing his balance and falling approximately forty feet onto a concrete slab below.

... he was clearly sh*tfaced right?. While I DO expect a new fatality every time this thread is bumped, this one is clearly not the park's fault.

Agreed, and the previous death wasn't their fault either. Some dumb kids broke into the park and were sledding down the snow covered slides when one of them fell off and died. I don't know what it is about this park, but it seems to attract people that make really bad choices.

• 4 months later...

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/BREAKING-Fire-demolishes-building-at-Mt-Olympus-Theme-Park-474034893.html

A fire broke out at the Mt. Olympus Theme Park at around 4 this morning.

Emergency crews said the fire started in a maintenance building.

Firefighters had the fire under control in about an hour, they said the building is a total loss.

Investigators aren't sure what sparked the fire -- but they said operations at the resort won't be impacted.

No injuries were reported.

God does not want this place to exist.

I mean...

Doing a search on the incident, I discovered that there has been quite a few deaths of hikers climbing the actual Mount Olympus in Greece (latest being last December). Interesting.

• 2 months later...

https://rcdb.com/2588.htm

Not sure the best place to post this, but rcdb is listing Avalanche at Timber Falls as SBNO. Posted with this:

The park has stated they would be shutting down the roller coaster for good this summer (2018). No word on if/when the ride will be taken down.

Anybody have more information? Is that it? Are we closed for good here?