TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT A FANTASTIC DAY! And no...I wasn't held at gunpoint when typing this! My day was wonderful! I managed to get on all 4 major coasters (minus Little Titan). And I squeezed in Manticore as well. One train operations, but the staff was great, friendly, and was having a great time with guests! Keep your expectations at a minimal...YOUR DAY WILL BE GREAT! It's a small theme park, so don't expect Disney. Great place for a few hours and head out. I skipped the water park because I was on a time schedule. Wait times were 10mins or less. All those negative reviews about Mt. Olympus...what planet yall was on.

TRIP REPORT/VLOG coming soon!

^ I tend to agree.

To be honest, I enjoyed our visit a few years back when we did the late night special from10:00-1:00AM. I thought Hades (before the loop) was a great ride in the front seat at night, although my Dad and Michael both thought it was too rough. I admit that we had been drinking at the campground down the street before we went in, so I was feeling no pain.

The go-karts were also a fun treat to ride that late at night while buzzed.

It's been a few years since I've been to the Dells. Still have fond memories of Mt. Olympus. Operations kinda sucked, but I loved Hades 360 and Cyclops.

Does anyone know if Hellcat has been retracked recently? In 2014 it was literally the roughest ride I have ever been on.

I skipped the water park because I didn't want to get chlamydia.

FTFY.

Glad you had fun. Any place can exceed sufficiently low expectations. Next time you're up in this area, hit up Little Amerricka; it really is worth the trip.

I had to double look at that quote. Lol. I was like "I know I didn't type that." But I'm sure it would have been fine. I'm not really a water park fan.

^Neither was I, until I went to Slashin Safari at Holiday World. But that's a whole nother story.

I am very happy to hear you made out like a bandit and had a good time at Mount Olympus. You had the right attitude about it!

Hades 360 and Cyclops in the back with buzzbars: when good coasters happen to bad parks.

No maintenance and Cyclops with ratchet bars and re-profiled: when bad things happen to good coasters at bad parks. Ugh

Does anyone know if Hellcat has been retracked recently? In 2014 it was literally the roughest ride I have ever been on.

When I rode it last year, parts had been recently retracked, but the sections that had not were crazy rough. Decent ride if it wasn't so rough in those patches.

I rode Hellcat yesterday and nothing looked too new. It was bouncy, but not jackhammery. Maybe a little rougher than Thunderhead. Certainly better than Zeus, which is the only coaster I've been on that I felt like I might die on. Not from falling off, just that my spine would get so rattled it would just give up.

^Lol. I was in the Dells the other week (stayed away from Mt Olympus) and all of the coupon books are completely pointless for the park as they have the tickets at like $15

YOU DIDN'T GO? HOW SAD! Lol. I'm working on my trip report from my recent visit, and I must say: I had a pleasant day! But then to, it was only to get credits and I left.

^ I went back when Hades 360 first opened and I have no desire to go back as I didn't have a good experience. The operations were so slow that I waited ~45 for Hades 360 to be on the second train of the day and I can't watch a POV of it without feeling phantom pains in my back because of how brutal that ride was

^ I went back when Hades 360 first opened and I have no desire to go back as I didn't have a good experience. The operations were so slow that I waited ~45 for Hades 360 to be on the second train of the day and I can't watch a POV of it without feeling phantom pains in my back because of how brutal that ride was

Oh my! My wait was only 15 mins when I went, and then they asked for a single rider. So that helped me out greatly. The ride did have some "intolerable" moments, but the best part IMO was the tunnel. VERY SCARY!