Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P.24 - New Shivering Timbers POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 am

If anything they should just overlay what they already have, but I doubt they care. :lol:

Corkscrew is fine.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:06 am

LOL holy $hit they're gonna put in lights? So like, be able to run after sundown? Wooooooooow they're moving up in the world.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:57 am

So even though me and my wife have season passes and live 5 minutes from the park we finally made it there for the first time this year. After visiting some really good parks this year we just havent had much ambition to go. Anyways only 2 things I really noticed is that Thunderhawk is looking super faded and that Sea Dragon was shrink wrapped. Does anyone know if it has been opened yet this year?
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Yubstep101 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:31 am

I'm not sure, I only went there for the evening on the 26th and it was really empty and everything was a walk-on because of that.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Wicked Cyclone 3. Millennium Force 4. Skyrush 5. Iron Rattler 6. Goliath (SFOG) 7. Lightning Run 8. Diamondback 9. Nitro 10. Superman: The Ride (SFNE)

Top 10 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Mystic Timbers 3. The Voyage 4. The Beast 5. Goliath (SFGAM) 6. Shivering Timbers 7. American Thunder 8. Lightning Racer 9. Hades 360 10. Prowler (WOF)

Coaster Count: 182

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NewJerseyJunkie » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:19 pm

grsupercity wrote:So even though me and my wife have season passes and live 5 minutes from the park we finally made it there for the first time this year. After visiting some really good parks this year we just havent had much ambition to go. Anyways only 2 things I really noticed is that Thunderhawk is looking super faded and that Sea Dragon was shrink wrapped. Does anyone know if it was going to be opened yet this year?
I noticed that to! I was at the park and noticed that there was a cover over the ship itself. I called up the park to ask why and they said,"Ugh maintenance I don't know when its gonna reopen." I was confused but I hope that there not gonna remove it cause it's a nice ride, but I really noticed the staffing issues. In the morning I noticed it with Hydro Blaster that it was open in the morning but they closed it when the water park opened up. After the staff member went to Trabant that had no staff member there and it was closed. Also Be Bop Blvd was only running one side when it had a 20-30 minute wait.What I didn't understand was that there was a staff member on the bridge for Adventure Falls when you could just have an announcement on the bridge and that its there fault if they don't hold on and fall when the wave comes over. I really hope the staffing issue isn't the case that we aren't getting anything major.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:27 am

Last time I went to MiA, was 2015, and it's only 2 hours away! I will have had CF Platinum passes twice now without going once as well. If that's not a stinging indictment of the place from a local, I don't know what is! :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby MIAfan88 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Staffing issues and it's July. That doesn't sound well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NewJerseyJunkie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:33 pm

MIAfan88 wrote:Staffing issues and it's July. That doesn't sound well.
idk if it was the day I went but I wont be surprised if they remove some rides that have alot of staff and replace the ride with a less staffed ride.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby c.love58 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 pm

grsupercity wrote:Sea Dragon was shrink wrapped. Does anyone know if it has been opened yet this year?

Today was the first day they ran it! They were cycling it in the morning with water dummies and then had actual riders later in the day.
Michigan's Adventure Ride Host:
2017 - Logger's Run
2018 - Shivering Timbers
Favorite Rollie - Maverick

Postby MIAfan88 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:54 am

While nothing crazy, the Google Earth satellite has been updated. The date is now 5/15/2018. It was last done in 2015. Street view is still from 2011. I haven't been their since '16. It's interesting how they did the Funnel queue. It looks like they did more work on Thunderhawk than just the catwalk by the brakes, judging by all the stuff laying by it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!