Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P.24 - New Shivering Timbers POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed May 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Mike240SX wrote:If you're going to be in Muskegon, there is an awesome (but not cheap) ferry to take you to Milwaukee, which is about an hour from SF Great America, and you get to avoid driving in all the Chicago traffic. Yes, the boat ride and time it takes to load/unload can be upwards of 3.5 hours, but it definitely beats the monotony of the Indiana Toll Road and bullshit of Chicago traffic (6-7 hours).

https://www.lake-express.com/

We met a kid at Electric Forest last summer that rode a dirt bike (somehow managed to load a sizable tent + camping gear onto it) all the way around the lake from Sheboygan (WI) to the Muskegon area. He was pretty flabbergasted/pissed at how that ride went, so he went with the ferry for the return trip.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Parker821 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:00 am

I think the main reason they are not adding new rides is because there is just not enough staffing to run the rides they currently have. Just think, a new boomerang would take 3 employees to run. That’s the same as shivering timbers, a much bigger ride.

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby MiABeta » Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 pm

So I’m at the park today and I tried to start my annual trash can count but I stopped at 30 lol. Anyway moderately busy but tolerable and has been pretty fun. Got a early ride on Timbers and spent a while in the water park, now we’re trying to finish the dry park.
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengance, Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget - But Steel Vengeance might've stolen my heart.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby inlina » Sun May 27, 2018 3:12 pm

MiABeta wrote:So I’m at the park today and I tried to start my annual trash can count but I stopped at 30 lol.

What is the purpose of that?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun May 27, 2018 3:18 pm

inlina wrote:
MiABeta wrote:So I’m at the park today and I tried to start my annual trash can count but I stopped at 30 lol.

What is the purpose of that?

It's a symptom.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby MiABeta » Sun May 27, 2018 9:25 pm

^ wow I see I was just trying to add onto the ongoing joke of nothing being added :cry: :lmao:

Anyway for real though I only noticed two things new at the park being a catwalk under Thunderhawk’s brake runs and new gates at the water park instead of the old mobile barriers they used to use. I mean I wasn’t expecting anything and the only reason I noticed either is because I’ve been to this park way too many times.

71F1FC5C-9D86-47FD-96A1-D060194BC876.jpeg
Something seemed different

I’m guessing it’s because they were tired of using the scissor lift to get people off because it has really bad power problems.
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengance, Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget - But Steel Vengeance might've stolen my heart.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MIAfan88 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:59 pm

I thought I saw that the catering area was getting a renovation, unless that fell through.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Thu May 31, 2018 8:27 am

MIAfan88 wrote:I thought I saw that the catering area was getting a renovation, unless that fell through.

They did along with new food options. But i am sure unless you go and eat in the Pavilion its hard to notice. I also thought there was supposed to be some new food options at some other stands but I have yet to get to the park this year to check it out.
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby codeGR » Thu May 31, 2018 12:57 pm

I was at the park on Friday. Here are a few new things I noticed:
The entrance turnstiles have been removed in favor of a CP style entrance
New frames for light fixtures have been installed along the lake/pond
There are not actually light fixtures installed, or electrical wire, but string has been fished between them.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:17 am

So I had to much time to think with a slow day at work. I came up with would could work. Michigans Adventure is the only park in the chain without a camp/planet snoopy. I know this isnt going to happen but it would actually make sense and really update the kiddie area by Zach's Zoomer

I can picture them removing Corkscrew and putting a camp snoopy there and where the current kids area is. Remove the Kiddie Cars, mini enterprise, and motorcycles. Be Bop Bvld becomes Snoopy's classic cruise. Zach's Zoomer becomes woodstock express. Big dipper becomes Lucy's big dipper. Where the kiddie cars and motorcycles were put in pig pens mud buggies and camp bus. Where corkscrew was put in a peanuts 500, flying ace balloon race, spoopy's rock and tug, linus launcher and a sbf visa spinner named great pumpkin spinner. Would really update the area

Next year to replace the Corkscrew they put in a Euro Fighter back by Thuinderhawk and Grand Rapids.

Do you guys think that would work? I think that would be best bet to a new kids area
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!