TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

Is there anyone who is right to the coasterbill bullshit?

I've read this question several times and still have no idea what you're trying to say.

I'm sure that if you wrote in his native language, he would not understand you either.

Love his location "not the US!"

I may have the opportunity at some point in the next two years to visit the park. Is it worth going to just for the hyper, especially if I have never done one before?

Goliath is a good ride, so if you're in the area it's worth to come and have a look, but I wouldn't come out of my way for it.

Sad to hear the park is removing a log flume. They are such classic, family friendly attractions.

What ever you do, don't let CoasterBill find out about this!! He might have a heart attack!!

I expect this kind of crap from La Ronde. This was easily the best ride in the park. I'm sort of glad it's being removed so I'm never tempted to go back to this place if I'm in the area.

What about goliath?

Goliath is a fun coaster but it's not really anything to write home about. It's good, not great. La Pitoune was great.

Oh well, RIP La Pitoune. I'll always remember it as the (pretty much sole) bright spot of our time at La Ronde.

As I said in the second part of my La Ronde Trip Report, the park didn't deserve this ride anyway (and yes... I know that's not how any of this works ).

Edited by coasterbill

^That really sucks, it was really fun, I wonder why.

Instead of answering your question (since I don't work in park management), ask yourself, how many 50 year old log flumes are there?

I only know of the one at SFoG (which is 49 years old.) The did remove one of the original pair, but I know that they have continually worked on it.

^That really sucks, it was really fun, I wonder why.

Instead of answering your question (since I don't work in park management), ask yourself, how many 50 year old log flumes are there?

Six Flags Over Texas, Both of them.

Six Flags over Texas is home to the very first Log Flume. It opened in 1962 and is still in operation.

I only know of the one at SFoG (which is 49 years old.) The did remove one of the original pair, but I know that they have continually worked on it.

Six Flags over Texas is home to the very first Log Flume. It opened in 1962 and is still in operation.

Exactly what I was getting at.

Two parks that appear to put much more effort/money into maintaining those flumes.

I'm simultaneously scared and excited to go to La Ronde for the first time next month. I'm excited because it has a couple ride types that CW doesn't (B&M Invert), but scared after reading Coasterbill's report.

If it does suck that hard, maybe it'll just give me a greater appreciation for my home park.

I'm simultaneously scared and excited to go to La Ronde for the first time next month. I'm excited because it has a couple ride types that CW doesn't (B&M Invert), but scared after reading Coasterbill's report.

If it does suck that hard, maybe it'll just give me a greater appreciation for my home park.

It does suck that hard… That's the sad truth.

However, the B&M Invert makes the trip worth it, if you haven't been on one before. The coaster is easily one of the better rides in the country.

I'm excited because it has a couple ride types that CW doesn't (B&M Invert), but scared after reading Coasterbill's report.

Cedar Point is basically the same distance from Wonderland as La Ronde is. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just go ride Raptor and visit a good park?

Cedar Point is basically the same distance from Wonderland as La Ronde is. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just go ride Raptor and visit a good park?

Cedar Point next year.

But I'm actually going on a bit of a road trip to the Canadian east coast, so La Ronde is just one of the days we're in Montreal.

Getting into the park was a hellish 2 hour experience, but I actually enjoyed my visit once I got in. It's definitely one of the worst Six Flags parks, but Goliath is an excellent coaster if you love floater air time and Vampire is very intense like all the Batman clones, even more so if it's still running in reverse.

Cedar Point next year.

But I'm actually going on a bit of a road trip to the Canadian east coast, so La Ronde is just one of the days we're in Montreal.

Sounds good! Montreal is awesome. Unless you're a credit whore I'd really just ride the Batman clone, Goliath, Dragon, the new flat ride and leave. Your time is much better spent checking out the city.

^ Is Monstre really so bad that it's not even worth one go?

I'm no credit whore, but I've never said no to any wooden coaster, regardless of reputation.

No, I went on it and I liked it, I didn't find it rough.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather be kicked in the balls by an NFL punter than ever ride Monstre again.

Because of the combination of hilariously slow ride ops, 1 train operation and the fact that the train only has 5 cars that was the most miserable line we waited in all day (and that's saying something).

Factoring in a ride time of over 3 minutes and the fact that each train will have 20 riders on it AT MOST you're looking at a best case scenario capacity of 240 people per hour on either track. This is assuming that La Ronde can actually dispatch a train in less than 2 minutes (Spoiler Alert: ) and that every single seat is full. I'm sure the actual capacity is far less than 200 riders per hour.

Keep in mind that the ride is on Flash Pass and that the line doesn't split closer to the station so the entire time you're waiting for one side or the other which guarantees that the line will NEVER move.

As for the ride itself: It's kind of rough, it doesn't do much of anything and it's entirely forgettable. I've ridden worse coasters but the thought of standing in that line ever again to ride that mediocre (at best) coaster is horrible.

if I got to La Ronde right at opening and could theoretically head straight to Monstre for first ride of the day

I mean... you could, but the ride probably won't open for another 2 hours or so.

We visited last year for 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) on Memorial Day weekend and with the exception of 5 rides, everything opened 2 hours late (and it was clearly scheduled that way since they opened together and there was no staff in sight beforehand).

The right side of Monstre was better if I remember correctly since there was a really small hill that gave a major pop of air. Other than that, both coasters pretty much just meander around.

That coaster's line is especially annoying since they could do what they did in my last visit and run just one train on one track and two on the other. The Flash Pass sent me into the one train side and still left me with a half hour wait.

Cedar Point next year.

Sounds good! Montreal is awesome. Unless you're a credit whore I'd really just ride the Batman clone, Goliath, Dragon, the new flat ride and leave. Your time is much better spent checking out the city.

There are quite a few good flats that run good cycles.

I've always wanted to visit La Ronde ever since I went on a school trip to Montreal back in 2012 and saw the park from the top of the Olympic Stadium. It definitely has some interesting rides, though even if I go this year, I probably won't get Cobra as a credit. I want to ride my first stand-up already, even if it hurts. And that log flume... I guess it sounded great. So now I can't on that.

At least I'm catching up on other unfinished business this year. Hopefully, my family can get around to it. We've wanted to go back there (with my mom and younger sister, who weren't on the trip) for a while.