Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

P. 90 - Wonder Woman Coaster (S&S Free Spin) for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:35 am

I was really hoping we would leave the VR craze in 2016, but I guess not. I think it's a cool idea that works on some coasters if executed correctly (Iron Dragon and Freedom Flyer are good examples), but Six Flags has been putting it on all the wrong type of rides. I really hope this isn't the future of roller coasters.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby HHNZ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:54 am

Medusa Steel Coaster Ataque Galáctico will open tomorrow

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby HHNZ » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:56 am

[Sorry, double post...]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby LouisCP06 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:42 am

Hey guys!

Just to let you know that Six Flags is doing online surveys to Season Pass holders in Mexico about the possibility of a new theme park and an aquatic one in Monterrey(Nuevo León):

Images courtesy of MontañaRusa.Com Facebook page.

So basically in the screen captions they're asking about the distance of the "new location" in that city and the kinds of food you would like to have in there and things like that. So, what do you think? A future second Six Flags park or Hurricane Harbor in Mexico is in the planning? :)
xico - Nederland - Deutschland

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stonem » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:46 pm

It looks like VR on Medusa didn't work well, because they have removed it in the middle of the season in order to put it on the S&S tower Kilahuea!
I agree with this decision ! :D
1- X2 2- Der Schwur des Kärnan 3 - Twisted Colossus 4- Taron 6- Expedition GeForce 6- Shambhala 7- Medusa Steel Coaster 8-Katun

Coaster Counter: 134

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:10 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:...I really hope this isn't the future of roller coasters.

It can't and it won't, as far as I can see. People still want to be able to see down the first
drop, look around them at the (supposed) coaster hell they've gotten them self into, lol.

I highly doubt VR will take over the future of all coasters.

And... I miss SFMexico. :(
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:10 am

Wonder Woman 4-D Free Fly Coaster coming to Six Flags Mexico in 2018!
Six Flags Mexico is launching its first ever 4D Free Fly Coaster in 2018. This uniquely designed roller coaster will feature theming based on DC’s iconic Super Hero—WONDER WOMAN. On the new WONDER WOMAN Coaster, riders are lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill and then immediately flipped head-over-heels, backwards and forwards multiple times as they speed along the undulating vertically stacked track. The technologically advanced Free Fly design allows cars to be extended outward from the track as riders sit suspended in mid-air. Two beyond 90-degree raven drops give the sensation of heart-pounding free-falls from high above the ground.

wonder woman.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:18 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 am

I'm a fan of the free flies, so this looks to be a great addition for the park.

Well the name is going to get confusing with Fiesta Texas having the Golden Lasso in the name and this one being just Wonder Woman Coaster.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby EliHorton » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:50 am

I love the color scheme! I love it a lot more than the one on the Golden Lasso.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:59 am

I think this is a great addition for the park, and I like the colors and the theme! But I'm not going to lie... After riding both sides of my first Free Fly earlier this year at GAdv, I came away pretty UN-enthused about them... Maybe it's because I'm only about 200 pounds, and my sister I was riding with less than that, but there was hardly any flipping, and it just didn't do much other than that... Besides being REALLY short! I wanted to like them a lot, because the concept is great! But without the spinning, the ride experience just didn't deliver for me, and I still haven't bothered to make the trek to SFGAm this year, in spite of having a pass to go there all year. But again, I still like this addition for this park!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!