TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags Mexico, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Six Flags Mexico Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 14th, 2008 - Confirmation that The Dark Knight coaster coming to Six Flags Mexico for 2009

March 19th, 2009 - The Dark Knight opens

March 13th, 2010 - Park announces "Beyond the Stars" shows for Mexico's bicentennial

August 25th, 2010 - Record setting "Mentos Explosion" at SFM

December 8th, 2011 - Pandemonium moving from SFDK to Mexico

April 6, 2012 - Six Flags Mexico rethemes their haunted walk through attraction

September 6th, 2012 - Park officially releases name and teaser for The Joker (formerly Pandemonium at SFDK)

March 7th, 2013 - The Joker opens

July 1st, 2013 - Announcement that Medusa is closing at the end of the season

August 25th, 2013 - Rocky Mountain Coaster track spotted at Six Flags Mexico

August 29th, 2013 - remade Medusa is announced

December 26th, 2013 - Medusa Construction Tour photos

June 8th, 2014 - minor fire in the games area, no rides damaged

June 14th, 2014 - Steel Medusa opens, park releases POV

August 28th, 2014 - SkyScreamer announced

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis announced

August 31st, 2017 - Wonder Woman Coaster (S&S Free Spin) announced for 2018

August 30th, 2018 - DC Friends and Bugs Bunny Boomtown, kids area will be added in the park

August 29th, 2019 - CraZanity announced for 2020

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Post

I was talking to a friend who used to live in mexico city and visited Six Flags Mexico many times. That reminded me of that totally forgotten hyper coaster which was new for this year (I think). Is it any good? I haven't heard of anyone who has actually ridden this.

Edited by larrygator

Yea it does look awesome. Even though I know alot of people have put Morgan on the bottom of the list as a builder of hypers, I've liked what i've ridden. That includes Steel Force, Mamba, Phantom's Revenge and one not so hyper Quicksilver Express (which I also really enjoyed).

Personally I can't wait to ride next July when i'll be down there!

Edited by Alexander Nagel

Lets hope.

SFM is home to what I consider to be one of the greatest CCI layouts ever. Medusa looks friggin awesome...if only they ran PTC's and not those G-Trains.

But still, if it is maintained well, it could be an insane ride. Layout is very, very cool.

I was always impressed with the looks of Medusa, unfortunately I've heard from a few people who've ridden it that it's nearly unrideable and not being kept up at all.

I figure we'll get there eventually but there are a bunch of places I think I'd rather go first. I wish the parks were on the coast so I could hit them on a cruise!

^That sucks and that doesnt suprise me. However, it does look VERY intense. I had (may still have) a POV of it and it felt like it pummeled the camera man holding it. It just looks like a very classic example of CCI engineering something thats far too intense to be kept up at a chain park.

Shoot, it has two crazy nearly unbanked fan turns which Im sure tear you up along with some low, fast turns that I bet need lots of care.

Sucks. It looks so good too.

• 1 year later...
Even though I know alot of people have put Morgan on the bottom of the list as a builder of hypers

Which is something Ive never quite understood, I loved Mamba!

I was looking at pics of this coaster on RCDB and I was wondering about the layout.... it looks pretty sweet!

Its too bad they had the MCBR on so hard though (from waht you guys have said), I remember that completely ruining the second half of Mamba.

Well as for Medusa...Heres a horrible POV of it, probably of how rough it was.

The ride actually looked pretty smooth. The camera wasnt shaking that much, it was just tilted 90 degrees..... what a horrible camera man!

^Good Call, that guy should NOT be in possesion of a video camera, worst - filming - ever.

PLUS, he was holding on to the hand rail on the lift hill......?

Loco, thanks for the link, Medusa looked like pretty good coaster to me, maybe a bit rough, but it was hard to tell.

Superman looks pretty good too, i'd like to get to this park one day, but like Elissa said, theres plenty more to do before this one.

• 1 year later...