Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

P. 90 - Wonder Woman Coaster (S&S Free Spin) for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Arrow rox my sox!

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Postby zburns999 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:19 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags Mexico, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Six Flags Mexico Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 14th, 2008 - Confirmation that The Dark Knight coaster coming to Six Flags Mexico for 2009

March 19th, 2009 - The Dark Knight opens

March 13th, 2010 - Park announces "Beyond the Stars" shows for Mexico's bicentennial
August 25th, 2010 - Record setting "Mentos Explosion" at SFM

December 8th, 2011 - Pandemonium moving from SFDK to Mexico

April 6, 2012 - Six Flags Mexico rethemes their haunted walk through attraction
September 6th, 2012 - Park officially releases name and teaser for The Joker (formerly Pandemonium at SFDK)

March 7th, 2013 - The Joker opens
July 1st, 2013 - Announcement that Medusa is closing at the end of the season
August 25th, 2013 - Rocky Mountain Coaster track spotted at Six Flags Mexico
August 29th, 2013 - remade Medusa is announced
December 26th, 2013 - Medusa Construction Tour photos

June 8th, 2014 - minor fire in the games area, no rides damaged
June 14th, 2014 - Steel Medusa opens, park releases POV
August 28th, 2014 - SkyScreamer announced

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis announced

August 31st, 2017 - Wonder Woman Coaster (S&S Free Spin) announced for 2018

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Original Post

I was talking to a friend who used to live in mexico city and visited Six Flags Mexico many times. That reminded me of that totally forgotten hyper coaster which was new for this year (I think). Is it any good? I haven't heard of anyone who has actually ridden this.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:16 am.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:38 pm

Yeah, I was just thinking about this on Sunday-It looks like a fun ride

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Alexander Nagel » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:24 pm

Yea it does look awesome. Even though I know alot of people have put Morgan on the bottom of the list as a builder of hypers, I've liked what i've ridden. That includes Steel Force, Mamba, Phantom's Revenge and one not so hyper Quicksilver Express (which I also really enjoyed).

Personally I can't wait to ride next July when i'll be down there!
Last edited by Alexander Nagel on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:42 am.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:49 pm

I talked to a couple people who have ridden Ultimo Escapo and they said the mid-course brake run was on hard - meaning the train almost stops. This was opening weekend. They also said Six Flags Mexico was toying with the idea of turnning off the trim.

-kip-

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:13 pm

Lets hope.

SFM is home to what I consider to be one of the greatest CCI layouts ever. Medusa looks friggin awesome...if only they ran PTC's and not those G-Trains.

But still, if it is maintained well, it could be an insane ride. Layout is very, very cool.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:32 pm

I was always impressed with the looks of Medusa, unfortunately I've heard from a few people who've ridden it that it's nearly unrideable and not being kept up at all.

I figure we'll get there eventually but there are a bunch of places I think I'd rather go first. I wish the parks were on the coast so I could hit them on a cruise!

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:43 pm

^That sucks and that doesnt suprise me. However, it does look VERY intense. I had (may still have) a POV of it and it felt like it pummeled the camera man holding it. It just looks like a very classic example of CCI engineering something thats far too intense to be kept up at a chain park.

Shoot, it has two crazy nearly unbanked fan turns which Im sure tear you up along with some low, fast turns that I bet need lots of care.

Sucks. It looks so good too.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:12 am

Mexico's Medusa was nearly unrideable. However, it recently went under extensive work (including a complete rebuild of the Gerstlauer trains). How it's running after all that, I don't know...

-kip-

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby speedracer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:32 pm

Stumbled across this rare POV, love the pre-lift bunny hops, rest doesn't look too shabbly at all either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T0obH7os_E

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:40 pm

Alexander Nagel wrote:Even though I know alot of people have put Morgan on the bottom of the list as a builder of hypers

Which is something Ive never quite understood, I loved Mamba!

I was looking at pics of this coaster on RCDB and I was wondering about the layout.... it looks pretty sweet!

Its too bad they had the MCBR on so hard though (from waht you guys have said), I remember that completely ruining the second half of Mamba.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!