TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

So I'm planning a visit here...

tenor.gif?itemid=4384713

The hotel's been booked and my parents have the mindset...it's too late now, my friend.

I'll be going to Silver Dollar City and Dollywood before and after it, respectively. I could use a "good" intermediary

The hotel's been booked and my parents have the mindset...it's too late now, my friend.

Well, since you are trapped going just try to make the best of it!

Since you are going on a Saturday in May, crowds will probably be VERY heavy in the water park section of the park. However, the "dry" side should be fairly manageable. I've been to the park on various Saturdays throughout the summer and never had terrible waits for anything (dry side wise.) The only time we ended up waiting a decent period of time was for the log flume... Which had about an hour long line... Then it broke down a few times during the wait, so that didn't help. Other than that I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any of the rides. (And that was usually to get a "premium" seat. IE: front row, or back row.)

X-Coaster is a GREAT coaster, by far the best ride in the park. VERY highly underrated. The front row is awesome! When you crest the lift hill you are just dangling there with nothing blocking your view of the crazyness you are about to experience. However, the stop on the lift hill is BRUTAL!!! So brace for impact!

Just go into the park with very... VERY low expectations!! (You'll thank me later!)

Since you are going on a Saturday in May, crowds will probably be VERY heavy in the water park section of the park. However, the "dry" side should be fairly manageable. I've been to the park on various Saturdays throughout the summer and never had terrible waits for anything (dry side wise.) The only time we ended up waiting a decent period of time was for the log flume... Which had about an hour long line... Then it broke down a few times during the wait, so that didn't help. Other than that I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes for any of the rides. (And that was usually to get a "premium" seat. IE: front row, or back row.)

X-Coaster is a GREAT coaster, by far the best ride in the park. VERY highly underrated. The front row is awesome! When you crest the lift hill you are just dangling there with nothing blocking your view of the crazyness you are about to experience. However, the stop on the lift hill is BRUTAL!!! So brace for impact!

Just go into the park with very... VERY low expectations!! (You'll thank me later!)

Neither my parents nor myself are particularly big water park fans, so we weren't planning on doing that. X Coaster definitely fascinates me the most. Good to know about the log flume since that's the ride I'm second most excited for haha. But that sounds manageable since we only wanted to spend a max of 4-5 hours in the park. Thanks!

I had no idea that stop was coming when I rode one in Germany last year. Ouch.

Neither my parents nor myself are particularly big water park fans, so we weren't planning on doing that. X Coaster definitely fascinates me the most. Good to know about the log flume since that's the ride I'm second most excited for haha. But that sounds manageable since we only wanted to spend a max of 4-5 hours in the park. Thanks!

Oh wow, yeah, if you're not doing the waterpark, then you need like 2 hours max, and that's only because the ops are totally going to take their time. There's about 4 rides actually worthwhile. X-Coaster is absolutely fantastic, enjoy the hell out of that one. Otherwise, Gauntlet is horrible, and the other coasters are just okay. Water rides are solid. Any notable flats have been removed from the park systematically over the last few years.

Park needs a Zamperla disc-o, a star flyer, a Gravity Group woodie, one of the new compact vekomas, macks or gerslauers, an sbf/visa spinner and three classic but new flats. New vest trains for the existing vekoma

Water park side needs a water coaster and capsule drop tube tower.

Add a hotel with indoor waterpark adjacent to the property to take full advantage of families visiting for the horse racing season at Oaklawn, spring break, halloween and Christmas seasons.

Someone does all that and this park elevates big time.

But the Disk'o and the the sbf/visa three loop spinner additions would be quick, rather cheap, easy and popular.

Oh wow, yeah, if you're not doing the waterpark, then you need like 2 hours max, and that's only because the ops are totally going to take their time. There's about 4 rides actually worthwhile. X-Coaster is absolutely fantastic, enjoy the hell out of that one. Otherwise, Gauntlet is horrible, and the other coasters are just okay. Water rides are solid. Any notable flats have been removed from the park systematically over the last few years.

I am interested in a couple of the non coaster rides also, particularly the log flume, Brain Drain and Hawk. That should hopefully keep me occupied for at least a few hours.

• 1 month later...

With SF buying new parks recently it had me wondering, although unlikely, if SF acquired Magic Springs if things would improve. I know it wouldn't become a mega park by any means. But I wonder if SF could really turn it around. Pointless, I know. Just curious on what y'all's thoughts would be.

With SF buying new parks recently it had me wondering, although unlikely, if SF acquired Magic Springs if things would improve. I know it wouldn't become a mega park by any means. But I wonder if SF could really turn it around. Pointless, I know. Just curious on what y'all's thoughts would be.

You bring up a solid point. Considering Six Flags said they want to purchase/operate parks "near their other parks," I wouldn't be too surprised if Magic Springs was in the talks at some point. It is about equidistant to both Six Flags Over Texas and the newly-acquired Frontier City (310 and 316 miles, respectively). And Six Flags St. Louis isn't much farther away either.

In addition to Magic Springs, I would also love to see Six Flags purchase/operate Elitch Gardens (again). It would be nice to have some Six Flags parks in an area of the country that is extremely dry of major theme parks, especially chain parks.

Why is everyone so sure SF is better for these parks? Do you guys not remember 10 years ago? Six Flags is not some savior of small parks. If they acquired Magic Springs, they would probably gut it and rebrand the water park into a hurricane harbor. Premier has been doing a good job of management, and just like FC, the park has obviously had tons of TLC put into it. The new drop tower is another big step in the right direction.

Speaking of, anyone been on it yet? I might make it down there in August. Curious if there are any other changes at the park this year.

Why is everyone so sure SF is better for these parks? Do you guys not remember 10 years ago? Six Flags is not some savior of small parks. If they acquired Magic Springs, they would probably gut it and rebrand the water park into a hurricane harbor. Premier has been doing a good job of management, and just like FC, the park has obviously had tons of TLC put into it. The new drop tower is another big step in the right direction.

Speaking of, anyone been on it yet? I might make it down there in August. Curious if there are any other changes at the park this year.

I can tell you that we visited this park last year, and unanimously agreed tgat this park needs help. The only park of this park that was in really good shape was the water park.

Look at our trip report here...

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75041&hilit=2017+mega+coaster+trip

I was last there in 2016, and the park was definitely in good shape. By that I mean the buildings, pathways, and flower beds were all taken care of. I think we can all agree that the rides and operations suck. That's to be expected when they keep going back and forth on whether they even want a dry side of the park. This new drop tower is going to be something like the third time that they go back to adding rides after ripping a bunch out. Hopefully it doesn't just get ripped out and shipped somewhere else in a few years.

If they can finally agree that having an amusement park in addition to the water park is a priority, then hopefully ride operations and maintenance will improve. I am hoping that the drop tower signals a shift in that direction.

Park needs a Zamperla disc-o, a star flyer, a Gravity Group woodie, one of the new compact vekomas, macks or gerslauers, an sbf/visa spinner and three classic but new flats. New vest trains for the existing vekoma

Water park side needs a water coaster and capsule drop tube tower.

Add a hotel with indoor waterpark adjacent to the property to take full advantage of families visiting for the horse racing season at Oaklawn, spring break, halloween and Christmas seasons.

Someone does all that and this park elevates big time.

But the Disk'o and the the sbf/visa three loop spinner additions would be quick, rather cheap, easy and popular.

This would REALLY help the park. But I sadly doubt it will ever happen.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be heading to this park here in a couple days. I wish that I went more often considering it's only four hours away. I"ve always thought that this park was really fun and enjoyable. The water park was definitely my favorite water park that I've been to (even above Splashin' Safari). I just wish they had more flat rides. I'd love to see maybe two more family flat rides added to the park and then one more thrill ride. This park is actually surprisingly big with lots of long pathways to just one attraction. I'd love to see something like a Tilt-A-Whirl added to the space of the former Wild Than and some Flying Scooters over by The Gauntlet since it sits out at the edge of the park with only one other ride. I think it'd be cool to see them add a vertical swing of sorts in that last turn of Arkansas Twister, just to have another dry ride by the coaster. This park just has so much potential. Being in Hot Springs, it draws tourism from three major cities: Springfield, Little Rock, and Memphis. Plus, it's close enough proximity to Branson that families taking road trips sometimes will make the three hour detour to see the parks in Hot Springs.

• 2 months later...

An hour. Honestly X-Coaster is the only ride there that's worth it. Big Bad John is okay. Gauntlet suuuuuuucks. It was my first SLC and I didn't know what I was in for. Trust me on this, you don't want to ride Gauntlet. But you're probably going to anyway, so take some Ibuprofen with you.

An hour. Honestly X-Coaster is the only ride there that's worth it. Big Bad John is okay. Gauntlet suuuuuuucks. It was my first SLC and I didn't know what I was in for. Trust me on this, you don't want to ride Gauntlet. But you're probably going to anyway, so take some Ibuprofen with you.

Bitchin! I assumed I'd have to earn that SLC credit

Hopefully I get all my credits there. Seems like it probably a go based off this.

Thanks for the feedback