Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 174: Max en Moritz coaster double family coaster for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:22 am

Really nice videos. Raveleijn is just about one of my favourite theme park shows in the world, and I even include Disney in that comparison. It's such a cool mix of stunts, special effects and is visually stunning :lover:

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby JooordiW » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:44 am

Update about the new coaster: According to looopings.nl the new launch coaster will be for the whole family, so no big thrill ride. The launch roller coaster does not go over the head. Moreover, the pace is relatively low. Perfect coaster for the whole family :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Wed May 02, 2018 5:26 am

Efteling adds single rider-row to Joris & de Draak

010518joris.jpg

Joris & de Draak will be the fifth Efteling attraction with a single riders row. The wooden roller coaster will be closed for a refurbishment from Monday 7th to Friday 25th May. A single riders row will also be added during this period. This is confirmed by a spokeswoman from the Efteling.

Previously, Bob, Baron 1898, Symbolica and Python already had such a separate row. Since last summer, Joris & de Draak also has assigned seating on busy days.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu May 03, 2018 6:05 pm

^That's great. Anything to help people potentially get on quicker.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby JordyC » Sun May 06, 2018 11:55 am

This will be the theme of the new roller coaster in the Efteling

040518circuscoaster2.jpg

A Dutch theme park website, Looopings, revealed which theme the new roller coaster of the Efteling will have. The theme park is planning to open a spectacular new rollercoaster in 2020. That attraction is all about the circus theme.

It will be a cheerful family attraction with various varied elements, including a launch and a lift hill. The roller coaster will be located on a piece of land to the east of the current park. That new area - in the neighborhood of Vogel Rok and the Efteling Hotel - will soon be included in the existing Reizenrijk.

A large circus tent will be built in the Efteling. The roller coaster is largely located around it. More details about the theme are not yet known. The rollercoaster is built by the Swiss manufacturer Intamin. There will be no inversions.

The Efteling does not want to confirm the message yet. "We like that our plans for the future are so well talked about, but we can not say anything about it ourselves", a spokeswoman responds. The theme park does not yet have the necessary permits to build. "We have plans, but they have not yet been finally approved, and unfortunately there is little to say about this project until then."

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun May 06, 2018 12:26 pm

^Creepy-cool. Knowing the quality of theming we can expect, this intrigues me a lot. The ride itself seems interesting, too. I'll add Efteling to my growing "I will no longer feel bad about not visiting this park this year or in 2019" list.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 06, 2018 4:52 pm

Hmmm. David and I are planning a 2022 visit to Amsterdam, Paris and Disney. And I was (maybe) going back to Walibi Holland,
or add Toverland to the same schedule. But now, after seeing this....

Hmmm. More to add for more fun, while we're in The Netherlands! :airtime: :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Heth » Mon May 07, 2018 1:13 am

I'm glad they're planning on wedding a new coaster but I must admit a circus theme doesn't excite me much. I worry it might be a little bit tacky.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Baffles » Mon May 07, 2018 3:11 am

Efteling doesn't know the meaning of tacky - it's one of the most beautifully themed parks in the world. I doubt they would screw that up.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Heth » Mon May 07, 2018 7:21 am

Baffles wrote:Efteling doesn't know the meaning of tacky - it's one of the most beautifully themed parks in the world. I doubt they would screw that up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the park, but Carnaval Festival is a bit tacky.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!