Efteling Discussion Thread

Page 157: Efteling introduces Free "Fast Pass" system
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby Rill'o'beily » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:18 am

^^ I hope not, those trains are great and look great, and didn't the park say that they're not replacing part of it like the station so im guessing that means the trains and old track are fully compatible with the new track?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:18 am

WolfBobs wrote:That's a very interesting track design. Anyone know if this company has built anything else? Or could we be witnessing the birth of a new coaster manufacturer here with this project. Similar to how Vekoma started off manufacturing track for Arrow. Interesting.

It seems CSM have produced track for Mack a few times. And worked on Pulsar and Helix. Kind of like how Stakotra produce track for Intamin.

https://www.csm.be/nl/productgroepen/pretparkattracties/

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm kind of glad the track design changes, it's going to be easier to indentify with the new Python. Also about the trains I seem to remember that it was confirmed that the 2011 trains (current ones) will remain to be used.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie park, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:20 am

Gutterflower wrote:
WolfBobs wrote:That's a very interesting track design. Anyone know if this company has built anything else? Or could we be witnessing the birth of a new coaster manufacturer here with this project. Similar to how Vekoma started off manufacturing track for Arrow. Interesting.

It seems CSM have produced track for Mack a few times. And worked on Pulsar and Helix. Kind of like how Stakotra produce track for Intamin.

CSM did the track for Pulsar, but only the supports for Helix and Blue Fire. That mean they have produced 1D track (track that bent in one direction at a time) but not yet 3D track. This require another level of skill and machinery.
If Efteling trust them I am sure we can too, but yeah, that looks like a bold bet.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Efteling seems to like to give smaller/inexperienced companies big projects. Which is a good thing!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JordyC » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 am

Symbolica is no longer interactive

030717bol19.jpg

The new Efteling attraction Symbolica is no longer interactive. Yesterday it turned out that all interactive elements in the darkride are turned off. Until now, visitors were able to activate different effects by pressing buttons during the ride.

The front row of the so called Fantasy Sailors is equipped with an interactive screen. This made it possible to rotate vehicles and play mini-games. But because many passengers did not understand the control panel, a large part of the experience was lost. Efteling fans have complained for months that the interactivity detracts from the total experience.

At this moment the panel is off. It is not clear whether the interactive elements will return on a later date. "At the moment we are critically looking at a few things of Symbolica and also the interactive dashboard", the theme park says.

Efteling director Fons Jurgens himself is a great supporter of interactive attractions. "We need to see how technology can help us to adapt an attraction and make it more interactive," he said in an interview recently.

191117schakel3.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby zottewoef81 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 am

KingRCT3 wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:

CSM did the track for Pulsar, but only the supports for Helix and Blue Fire. That mean they have produced 1D track (track that bent in one direction at a time) but not yet 3D track. This require another level of skill and machinery.
If Efteling trust them I am sure we can too, but yeah, that looks like a bold bet.

Where do you see they only produced the supports for Helix? For Blue Fire it says 'supports, but it says nothing about Helix (so I assume they did the whole track). Also, I see on their site that they made the track for 'De Vliegende Hollander', so this would not be the first time they build 3D-track. I wouldn't call this a bold bet at all, since their site mentions that they have the know-how to build 3D-steelwork.
Member of the Brussels Black Angels: BAFL's 2017 undefeated, national champions!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:19 am

I asked someone who works at Mack, and he confirmed Mack does their precise 3D trackwork in-house, so CSM did not produce the track for Helix.

For DVH I don't know. Maybe they only did the columns and "forgot" to mention it (like with Helix), maybe they also did the track.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:46 pm

If I remember correctly the Flying Dutchman's track was made in Belgium, so I'd place my bet on yes CSM did that. And knowing there is nothing wrong with the track design on the Flying Dutchman, I mean it's a technology disaster not a structural disaster, I say the Efteling has nothing to fear.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie park, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park)

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JordyC » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 am

Efteling will introduce a virtual experience for Droomvlucht

1920_schetsvirtueledroomvlucht.jpg

From spring 2018, one of the top attractions at Efteling 'Droomvlucht' will also be accessible to guests with disabilities thanks to 'Virtual Droovlucht'. Droomvlucht is still the only major attraction that - due to safety reasons - can not be visited by guests with disabilities. In the Virtual Droomvlucht all senses are stimulated thanks to virtual reality and other techniques. As a result, the relevant guest sees, feels, smells and hears the same as his or her company that is in the attraction at the same time. The guest is connected with his or her company by means of a headset and microphone. They experience the attraction completely together!

An employee of the Efteling, Freek Teunen, came up with the idea for the Virtual Droomvlucht. "Today, much is possible thanks to current digital developments. I wondered why we did not have an alternative to Droomvlucht for our guests with a disability and then this idea came into my mind." He worked out the idea in detail and presented it. "It is great to see how enthusiastic employees contribute. They are in direct contact with the guest and can therefore properly assess where changes are needed. I am proud of Freek and I think it is great that we are going to do this ", says Fons Jurgens, Chairman Board of Directors Efteling.

In the Virtual Droomvlucht, the experience is accurately simulated. For this, virtual reality (VR) is used. In addition, more techniques are used so that all senses are stimulated. The guest with a disability not only sees what happens, but also feels the wind in his or her face and smells the scents of the attraction. The guest is connected to his or her company through auditory equipment. Fons Jurgens: "We think it is important that everyone can enjoy a day at Efteling, including those with disabilities. Where previously VR was an individual experience, we use other techniques to create a group experience. Due to digital developments in 2017, there are more possibilities and we also use auditory equipment so that guests can be in contact with each other. That really fits the Efteling."

The new experience will be realized in the coming months. The first guests with a disability are expected to experience the Virtual Droomvlucht in the spring of 2018.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!