Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 174: Max en Moritz coaster double family coaster for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am

^And after that family launched coaster for 2020, a B&M is rumored to replace Bob. They first want to build the family coaster, though. Otherwise, they'd lose one.

Here is an overview of the expansion plan of the park:

Efteling 2030.jpg
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm

^ I heard that rumor of the B&M replacing Bob earlier today, funny thing about 3 to 4 years ago I once came up with an idea: A B&M flying coaster with a Phoenix burning down the Bob theme. But if the Bob gets replaced by a B&M I still had my dream come true it just was in 3 diffrent parks that are closeby. :lol:
1. B&M replaced Bob.
2. Flying coaster in Phantasialand.
3. Fenix theme in Toverland.

Back on topic. I also read today that the plan also promises a new attration every year till 2030, I don't know I never fully read the entire plan (To much text for me to care). But if that's true I really look forward to the upcoming 12 years, even more if that includes 2 roller coasters and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a third one in those years, and yes I also look forward to the 4 to 5 fairytales that no doubt are calculated into that. Also I expect 1 darkride in those 12 years. That still leaves 3 to 5 unknowns, Log-flume? :p
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby JooordiW » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Funny, other sources sad that there are some plans to replace the Bob for an lug flume, ofcourse rumours are rumours :P

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Efteling really needs another water ride. So I will never say no to a log flume. Chiapas 2.0?
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:06 pm

:wtf:

Jesus, and I thought this park was huge already. This is insane! I knew some of this was in the works but didn't realize they were going to be this ambitious! Surely will love to follow along with this and hopefully get back over there in a few years!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby JooordiW » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:32 am

The Dutch website ad.nl made an nice overview of the new expansions:

Postby JooordiW » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:38 am

Another new expansion in the fairytale forest, a talking tree that responds to visitors.

''The Babbelboom is more innovative. He can address guests directly in person. The Babbelboom has contact with the Efteling app. The Babbelboom can sometimes be a bit grumpy, but he always means well "" He also keeps an eye on the smallest details. A new hairdo? Or a stain on your coat? Kniesoor sees it.''

Opening at the end of this year

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Babbleboom? What an interesting name. Looks cool.
And Kniesoor? Is that a second name for him?
Hoping there's a video of him talking etc. when he's up and operating.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Robinoo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Holy cow, those expansion plans look massive. I thought it was just going to be the strip next to the hotel.
(I kind of get the objection from the neighbors now, but hope they settle down)

Love the Babbel tree!

I think Efteling could use a good drop tower. Kind of like Disney's Tower of Terror.
Perhaps a big spooky windmill or something?

They can also do with a nice pub or something, for the overnight guests. How awesome would it be to finish your day in
a medievel, fantasy-style pub and grab a nice cold Efteling beer.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Babbleboom? What an interesting name. Looks cool.
And Kniesoor? Is that a second name for him?
Hoping there's a video of him talking etc. when he's up and operating.

Babbelboom is Dutch for Chat tree. So he's a Chat tree whit the name Kniesoor which is Dutch for Grumbler. I hope that answers your question.

Anyways Like the idea, bit surprised by this second announcement for the Fairytale forrest. I only can't wrap my head around the fact however that you first announce the new addition for 2019 before the late 2018 one but hey I take it.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!