TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

^ Nice video! A bit shaky in parts... But nothing major. Thanks for sharing!

What a beautiful park!!

Still trying for steady shots, its really an amazing place on earth !

Oh yes, it is. I sooo fell in love with it. Mostly because it's such a soothing experience for a theme park. The landscaping is just beautiful, and the whole park encourages you to go slow, take in the beauty of it all and not rush from ride to ride, like many other parks do. So relaxing and nice. Friendly staff, great prices for food and drinks, the overall feeling of it is just so much better than most european and american parks.

For me, the visit made Efteling my new number one park in Europe, the coasters might not be the biggest, the rides not the most super-innovative (though Symbolica really, really impressed me - especially comparing it to the "big" dark rides at Disney or Universal), but the whole package is just so good. Fried potatoes on a stick with loads of cheese and salt? YAY! Good ol dutch kibbeling with tasty sauce? Yes, thats there to. The amazing dutch version of Fanta which is the best soda drink on earth? Yes, they have that... Even the beer selection is great. Great crowd as well - I can't wait to go back - and probably will do so in winter.

• 2 weeks later...

How does Efteling look March/April? I looked into going to Phantasialand or Europa Park next spring but neither FLY nor Eurosat look to be open by then so I looked west. If Liseberg still has the offer that you can get a free entry to Efteling with their annual pass next year I'm considering getting that.

- Will all the rides be open? I see that Vliegende Hollander is closed during the winter season so me going will depend on when all the coasters are open.

- Do Baron, Python, Draak etc. have storage bins in the station?

- How would the crowds/lines look on a weekday before or after Easter (I assume Easter will be busy so I won't go during that time)?

Will all the rides be open? I see that Vliegende Hollander is closed during the winter season so me going will depend on when all the coasters are open.

In March/April, the so called Winter Efteling is over. So both DVH and Piraña will be open. You can check here what rides are going to be closed. For now, the calendar ends at the end of 2017. But by the end of this year, the calendar and the scheduled closures of the attractions for 2018 will be released.

Do Baron, Python, Draak etc. have storage bins in the station?

Baron has a storage for your bag before you enter the pre-shows. You will get a bracelet with a number on it, and when you exit the ride you give it back in exchange for your bag. Small items like your phone/keys can be left in the station. For the other big coasters, you can leave your bag in the station.

How would the crowds/lines look on a weekday before or after Easter (I assume Easter will be busy so I won't go during that time)?

Once again, you can check this link to see the expected crowd levels for each day. Most of the time, it is pretty accurate. It is the same calendar, so nothing is listed for 2018 yet. But normally, you should be fine (except during the Easter Holidays).

According to rumors, the Efteling will open a new mega coaster in 2019/2020. Looopings call tell that after some conversations at EAS in Berlin. The coaster comes in the new area behind the Vogelrok and the Python. The plans are already at an advanced stage, but the Efteling is still waiting for the approval of the Supervisory.

According to rumors, the Efteling will open a new mega coaster in 2019/2020. Looopings call tell that after some conversations at EAS in Berlin. The coaster comes in the new area behind the Vogelrok and the Python. The plans are already at an advanced stage, but the Efteling is still waiting for the approval of the Supervisory.

Yeah, I've also heard the rumors from a few sources (of which at least proved to be very right on almost everything about Symbolica). From what I've heard it's supposed to be taller than 40 meters at least and Vekoma is not one of the parties in the race to build it.

I can see why the Efteling is planning on making this move, all the bigger surounding parks are either building or planning to build a big coaster. Phantasialand opened Taron last year and will open F.L.Y. in 2018/2019. Toverland will open a 40 meter Wingcoaster next year, Walibi Belgium a 53 meter Intamin (probably) and Walibi World is also planning something big.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be an other B&M. They where vocaly happy with Baron 1898. I already guessed the new land would open with a coaster it felt like the obvious choice. I've been vocal before (maybe not here but elswhere for sure.) that I prefere it to be close to Reizenrijk (Hotel) side and not the Python, I really don't want them to throw all coasters in one corner.

• 1 month later...

I did a quick search couldn't see this mentioned.

Python at Efteling is being replaced. But in the same way Hulk was replaced with all new track.

The weird thing is that it isn't Vekoma replacing the track

Bad translation incoming.

The steel construction company CSM in Hamont-Achel has a top job. The metal company is currently building a copy of the Efteling's iconic Python rollercoaster. It is available for replacement. CSM builds 420 meters of rollercoaster in Hamont-Achel under the strictest safety requirements to build it in the amusement park from January next year. The popular Python is thus made in Limburg.

Py1.jpg.57a54ead33c97f53caa3158d0fd0aa59.jpg

https://www.tvl.be/nieuws/achels-bedrijf-mag-legendarische-eftelingattractie-renoveren-51458?utm_content=buffer8bbf4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/8922/Fotos-dit-is-de-nieuwe-baan-van-de-Python-in-de-Efteling.html

That's a very interesting track design. Anyone know if this company has built anything else? Or could we be witnessing the birth of a new coaster manufacturer here with this project. Similar to how Vekoma started off manufacturing track for Arrow. Interesting.

Very interesting. Python was advertised as closed when I went in August, but it was open all day and it actually ran pretty well. One of the smoothest old school Vekomas I've been on to be honest. Really glad I got to ride the original.

That's a very interesting track design. Anyone know if this company has built anything else? Or could we be witnessing the birth of a new coaster manufacturer here with this project. Similar to how Vekoma started off manufacturing track for Arrow. Interesting.

It seems CSM have produced track for Mack a few times. And worked on Pulsar and Helix. Kind of like how Stakotra produce track for Intamin.

https://www.csm.be/nl/productgroepen/pretparkattracties/

It seems CSM have produced track for Mack a few times. And worked on Pulsar and Helix. Kind of like how Stakotra produce track for Intamin.

CSM did the track for Pulsar, but only the supports for Helix and Blue Fire. That mean they have produced 1D track (track that bent in one direction at a time) but not yet 3D track. This require another level of skill and machinery.

If Efteling trust them I am sure we can too, but yeah, that looks like a bold bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Symbolica is no longer interactive

030717bol19.jpg.cc1c76e5bc31bf8b042cf9afe911ff8e.jpg

The new Efteling attraction Symbolica is no longer interactive. Yesterday it turned out that all interactive elements in the darkride are turned off. Until now, visitors were able to activate different effects by pressing buttons during the ride.

The front row of the so called Fantasy Sailors is equipped with an interactive screen. This made it possible to rotate vehicles and play mini-games. But because many passengers did not understand the control panel, a large part of the experience was lost. Efteling fans have complained for months that the interactivity detracts from the total experience.

At this moment the panel is off. It is not clear whether the interactive elements will return on a later date. "At the moment we are critically looking at a few things of Symbolica and also the interactive dashboard", the theme park says.

Efteling director Fons Jurgens himself is a great supporter of interactive attractions. "We need to see how technology can help us to adapt an attraction and make it more interactive," he said in an interview recently.

191117schakel3.jpg.d2287bc7a327f03a24bee6db253c0cb5.jpg

Source

CSM did the track for Pulsar, but only the supports for Helix and Blue Fire. That mean they have produced 1D track (track that bent in one direction at a time) but not yet 3D track. This require another level of skill and machinery.

If Efteling trust them I am sure we can too, but yeah, that looks like a bold bet.

Where do you see they only produced the supports for Helix? For Blue Fire it says 'supports, but it says nothing about Helix (so I assume they did the whole track). Also, I see on their site that they made the track for 'De Vliegende Hollander', so this would not be the first time they build 3D-track. I wouldn't call this a bold bet at all, since their site mentions that they have the know-how to build 3D-steelwork.

I asked someone who works at Mack, and he confirmed Mack does their precise 3D trackwork in-house, so CSM did not produce the track for Helix.

For DVH I don't know. Maybe they only did the columns and "forgot" to mention it (like with Helix), maybe they also did the track.

If I remember correctly the Flying Dutchman's track was made in Belgium, so I'd place my bet on yes CSM did that. And knowing there is nothing wrong with the track design on the Flying Dutchman, I mean it's a technology disaster not a structural disaster, I say the Efteling has nothing to fear.

Efteling will introduce a virtual experience for Droomvlucht

1920_schetsvirtueledroomvlucht.thumb.jpg.de0ae3b5a2f2229f59a1aa4e1efb4992.jpg

From spring 2018, one of the top attractions at Efteling 'Droomvlucht' will also be accessible to guests with disabilities thanks to 'Virtual Droovlucht'. Droomvlucht is still the only major attraction that - due to safety reasons - can not be visited by guests with disabilities. In the Virtual Droomvlucht all senses are stimulated thanks to virtual reality and other techniques. As a result, the relevant guest sees, feels, smells and hears the same as his or her company that is in the attraction at the same time. The guest is connected with his or her company by means of a headset and microphone. They experience the attraction completely together!

An employee of the Efteling, Freek Teunen, came up with the idea for the Virtual Droomvlucht. "Today, much is possible thanks to current digital developments. I wondered why we did not have an alternative to Droomvlucht for our guests with a disability and then this idea came into my mind." He worked out the idea in detail and presented it. "It is great to see how enthusiastic employees contribute. They are in direct contact with the guest and can therefore properly assess where changes are needed. I am proud of Freek and I think it is great that we are going to do this ", says Fons Jurgens, Chairman Board of Directors Efteling.

In the Virtual Droomvlucht, the experience is accurately simulated. For this, virtual reality (VR) is used. In addition, more techniques are used so that all senses are stimulated. The guest with a disability not only sees what happens, but also feels the wind in his or her face and smells the scents of the attraction. The guest is connected to his or her company through auditory equipment. Fons Jurgens: "We think it is important that everyone can enjoy a day at Efteling, including those with disabilities. Where previously VR was an individual experience, we use other techniques to create a group experience. Due to digital developments in 2017, there are more possibilities and we also use auditory equipment so that guests can be in contact with each other. That really fits the Efteling."

The new experience will be realized in the coming months. The first guests with a disability are expected to experience the Virtual Droomvlucht in the spring of 2018.

Source