TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

I could have told you months ago that Symbolica's opening date is the 1th of July. They open almost every new ride that date. But who is there to blame them really? Ow well, I guess it will be another busy day at the park then.

No it's not a suprise for sure, it really is just confirming the thoughts of many. Recently someone asked me when it opens and my response was: while officially it still just summer 2017 I'm almost certain of a July 1st openings date. So let's see if I can plan a vistit after it opens.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have missed something. What is Symbolica? I get it is a really nice posh themed ride, but what does it DO? It is just a carriage ride through a very nice looking castle thing? I don't quite understand. Yes, it looks amazing and intricate, but I am not really excited by this. It that the whole point of the ride? A magical calm ride through the castle?

I think I have missed something. What is Symbolica? I get it is a really nice posh themed ride, but what does it DO? It is just a carriage ride through a very nice looking castle thing? I don't quite understand. Yes, it looks amazing and intricate, but I am not really excited by this. It that the whole point of the ride? A magical calm ride through the castle?

It's an trackless darkride like Mystic manor, based on the park mascot Pardoes. And it won't be a calm ride, the darkride will have many effects and projections

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Sooo I'll be going to Efteling the 12 and 13 june, do you guys have any suggestions? I'll be staying at the Efteling Hotel...

Any good places to eat? The site states that you can eat at the efteling restaurants even after closing time, so can you still go around the park, but not the attractions?

Thank you all!

^^That is so awesome! They could easily have just gone with a "factory look" on the roof, but instead they also turn this part of the building into something beautiful that you can only see from the flying island ride.

Hello everybody!

Sooo I'll be going to Efteling the 12 and 13 june, do you guys have any suggestions? I'll be staying at the Efteling Hotel...

Any good places to eat? The site states that you can eat at the efteling restaurants even after closing time, so can you still go around the park, but not the attractions?

Thank you all!

I can recommend the pancake restaurant Polle's Keuken. Fantastic pancakes, not too expensive and great theming (Google for pics).

It's in the centre of the park, next to symbolica. I think guests are allowed to stay after closing time if already seated, however not sure if you can book a table for after oark closing hours.

And yes nothing is confirmed, but the only thing confirmed is that between now and 3 years another big attraction will be build. to reach the 5/7 million visitors a year. They are also now 4th in Europe behind Disneyland Park, Disney Studio`s and Europapark, they just overtook Tivoli Gardens.

1. Disneyland Park (8,4 million)

2. Europa-Park (5,6 million)

3. Walt Disney Studios Park (4,97 million)

4. De Efteling (4,764 million)

5. Tivoli Gardens (4,64 million)

And on the 23th place worldwide.

Yeah, there is two next to eachother in Paris

If they're in the same resort under the same tickets I don't really see why their attendance should be counted separately

For the same reason the parks in Orlando are counted separately. Just because the parks are in the same resort doesn't mean they get the same number of visitors. Most people will visit the Magic Kingdom as a priority.

Hello everybody!

Thank you all!

The 'Wapen of Raveleijn' is an great restaurant to eat ith delicious Burgundian food. Your getting a big chicken to share with your family. Opening hours: 12 a.m. – 8 p.m.*

https://www.efteling.com/en/park/restaurants/het-wapen-van-raveleijn

And yes you can still walk in the park when your in the hotel, but everything is closed.

I hope their next ride will be a drop tower, something like Disney's Tower of Terror would be a perfect fit.

They are also considering building a nightlife section next to the park, which is exactly what they need to attract more international visitors.

Efteling will open a spectacular new attraction within three years

020617summer3.jpg.e17b28a70a5de5ec27a55320d328603e.jpg

The new attraction Symbolica is not open yet, but the Efteling is already busy with the next major expansion. The theme park opens a spectacular attraction within three years. That's what Efteling director Fons Jurgens told in an interview with Looopings.

"In order to attract five million visitors by 2020, we invest in three phases," says Jurgens. "The first phase consisted of the arrival of rollercoaster Baron 1898, and the extension of Bosrijk holiday park in 2015. Phase two will be realized this year, with Darkride Symbolica and Loonsche Land holiday park."

In 2019 or 2020, the third phase is in turn. "We have beautiful, ready-to-use plans for attractions. What attraction is coming has not yet been decided."

One thing is clear: Jurgens wants an attraction with a decent capacity. "In this way, we can keep the waiting times in check. It would be unwise to invest in attractions with a capacity of less than a thousand people per hour." Symbolica has a capacity of 1400 visitors per hour.

In February, the new Efteling master plan was unanimously approved by the City Council. The theme park is expected to grow by eight hectares in the coming years. A piece of land at the Efteling Hotel - between Vogel Rok and the Python - is being drawn to the park.

Also, the Efteling has plans for attractions up to 50 m (165 ft) high. A spokesman of the park confirms to Looopings that in the new piece of land the park is allowed to build up to fifty meters high.

Source