TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

I brought up this topic back when Danimation.com was around. The lamest coaster ending for me would have to be a tie between Great Bear at HP and Kraken at SWO. While these rides are really fun, the last bit before the final brake run are snoozers.

My favorite coaster ending would probably be TTD at CP and Raptor at CP. While there are more, these two blew me away.

Edited by Teddymonster

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best and Worst Coaster Endings..

I always thought Big Thunder Mountain Railroad had a really anticlimatic ending.. so does the Mummy at USF. A great coaster but the end they could have done a way better effect than the mummy blowing mist on you only to go into Brenden Frasier... guess thats more anticlimatic for the guys though.

As far as best ending.. The Beast with its completely insane double helix of doom is definately one of my favorites.

Adventure Express at PKI.. WTF is with THAT ending.. lets go up the lift

hill to our doom and just end up in a station

Raptor is like being involved in a car crash for its ending into the brake run, but before that Its all good!

Eric

^LOL!

"Now you will pay, Now you will pay"...yes by going up the lifthill, exiting the ride, and having to go wait in another huge crappy line at PKI!!!

Hmmm...interesting topic. As far as big rides go, yeah Great Bear has a pretty craptacular ending. Balder on the other hand has 3 ejector air craziness right up into the brakes!

Worst ending: Manhattan Express. You stop outside on top of the building, then go inside and take little hills down to the station with brakes stopping you as you descend.

One of the better endings (for me) is Gold Rusher at SFMM. That final spiral and hop onto the brake at the end was always one of my favorites.

Eric

My worst ending ride would have to be Raptor. Dont get me wrong, its not that I dont like the ending 200 feet of the ride, its just the headbanging transition to the break run that kills me! My god what were they thinking!

The best ending of any ride is a tie between MF and Raging Bull. MF has speed and cool overbanked turn action, and RB has tight helix's and a little pop of airtime, plus if you have long arms, you can touch the car in front of you on the final break run.

Colin C

Worst Ending

Adventure Express - "You will pay, you will pay"

Great Bear - Snoozer

Comet (Hershey) - Completely Neutered (Booo!)

Raptor - How have they not fixed that transition to brakes

Best Ending

Thunderbolt - Save the biggest drop for last

Legend - Four Corners (YAY!)

Son of Beast - Thank god it is over!

Phantoms Revenge - Awesome!

Best ending would have to be on Nemesis, where you take the final corkscrew totally blind, then spiral into the brakes.

Goliath's ending round the fast turn at the end is pretty awesome too.

Worst endings - Jubilee Odyssey's corkscrew into the brakes is woeful. It's bad enough that the whole ride is utterly dire.

Worst endings:

1. Adventure Express- PKI. Lifthill of Terror

2. Volcano: The Blast Coaster- PKD. 80 foot drop at superspeed into a brake??

3. Storm Runner- Hersheypark. RCT track autocomplete back to the station

4. Ninja- SFMM. And now to get you back up to the station......a lifthill

Best endings:

1. Phoenix- Knoebels. Final tiny bunny slammer

2. Colossus- Thorpe Park. Heartline roll 1 foot over the ground

3. Montu- Trench to trench flatspin

4. Apollo's Chariot- BGW. Trench dive

Montus ending is pretty good!

Worst endings.......

-Iron Dragon (boring turns with no swinging)

-Raptor

-Mean Streak (lets go over some rough non airtime hills)

-De Ja Vu (goes really slow back up the spike then goes down slowly)

-Medusa SFMW

Great Endings.........

-Gemini (great dualing helix)

-Montu

-Goliath SFMM

-Viper SFGAm (great head chopper with ejector)

-Batman The Ride (s) (great corkscrew with fast turn)

Best:

Space Mtn (DLR) the lighted tunnel is cool, can't wait to see the new version of this on Friday

Gold Rusher (SFMM) I'm with Eric on this one. Okay ride, but the end rocks.

Viper (SFOG) The ride is over, that's a good thing

Worst:

Big Thunder (DLR)

Deja Vu That clunk going back up the spike can hurt if your not careful

Jaguar (Knott's) It's no fun to have to sit in the train after your ride is over

I think all endings are bad, because it means the fun is over

I'm pretty much a coaster newbee, I've only done all coasters at USO, IOA, WDW & RnR@MGM, but the most painful ending I've been on (and I know I'll get made fun of for this, but oh well) the flying unicorn , thats right...the unicorn...ya know ...the break run :shock: , what's up with that. I mean I've been rear ended in my car sitting still at a light and the car that hit me was going about 55 mph, and that didn't hurt as much as the unicorn's breaks and that's for kids. I find the Hulk and the Dragons to be much gentler ..

You can make fun of me now

PAll "C'Mon October 12th"

Good:

Phantom's Revenge: Out of your seat until the brakes.

Riddler's Revenge: It's ok, but that second flatspin is just devine.

Matterhorn: Classic lakey goodness.

Bad:

X: That raven turn sucks!

Canyon Blaster @ MM: If you not ready for it, the post banking on the turn into the station can break one of your ribs.

Best:

1) Hulk - The second after the 1st corkscrew I consider the ride to be entering the 2nd half. I loved it!

2) Gemini - Who will win after the tightest helix in the galaxy!?!

Good:

1) Dragons - the interlocking corkies were awesome!

2) Raptor - The corky into the helix was great! I was pressed back so hard! The brakes huet alot though because the trim in the middle of the ride got turned down MANY notches! It used to almost stop the train!

Bad:

1) Wildcat - Hershey Wildcat is an awesome ride, but that little 3-foot all banked dip in that final helix hurts like $H!T personally. Don't get me wrong, I love the ride!

Worst:

1) Great Bear - They should've and could've added a dip to the lake and thrown us into a...(corkscrew or tight helix)...then hit the brakes.

I definitely agree that Adventure Express' ending sucks. Whats next whats next whats next...oh, the station And I also agree about Flying Unicorn's brake run...wow I've gotten a coupl eof really hard blows tothe midsection from those brakes!

Best...dunno...I remember Rockin' Roller Coaster at Opryland had some great airtime as it flew into the brakes. Went up a large hill, but it was flat on the top.

-Julie

Best - any ride that ends with airtime, laterals or G's.

Worst - any ride that has no g-Forces at all.

However, I still like Great Bear alot even if the ending is anti-climatic. I havent found a ride yet where the ending totally ruined a ride though.

Best:

Tennessee Tornado's ending is pretty awesome, with the blackout loops that lead into the highly banked turn and an intense pop up into the brakes.

The airtime bunny hops on the return run of Magnum XL 200 were incredible!

The Beast's Helix of Death

The final corkcrew on Flight of Fear

Worst:

The Racer @ PKI- The ending was way too rough, and I did not feel any airtime.

Corkcrew @ Cedar Point- After the corkscrews, you just go right into the brakes. It is way too short of a ride.

I like the ending to S:ROS @ SFDL.... that S shaped dive and the airtime on the hills are amazing.. Oh and Magnums ending gave some good airtime.. and I was ejecting so bad that I was hurting my knees... but i loved it..

Raptors ending makes me want to cry, because the coaster is so good and then the brakes ruin it all..