Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Krandor » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:44 am

Went yesturday mainly to make sure I got my 2019 pass processed before end of the month and did run through the haunts will I was there.

CaSa De Muerta - about same as last year. Entertrining and enjoyable.

Alien Abuducton - really nice additional. Lots of cool elements and costumes. One of my favorites

Camp Slasher - very very much improved last year and a lot of cool rooms and stuff build in. May have been my favorite haunt. The school bus out front was weird.

ZX-1 - My favorite the last few years but dissapointed this year. The whole "story" of the haunt was removed. No TV screens outside telling you about what is going on in dodge city (even though they did get repetive), no people inside helping you get to the cure at the hospital. Most just a generic town with zombies. If I wasn't comparing it to previous years probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Evil passage - in the old dracula building. Short but what they had was good. I'd rather see then add a short additional haunt like this then leave the building empty.

Witche's Coven - basically same a last year. Good eye candy. Not real scary. Now last year I did this 3 time and one time they had a really really cool scene in the final room that made the whole thing amazing. On this trip through nothing special in the final room.

After one trip though I think I'd rank them.
Slasher
Alien
Casa
ZX-1
Witches
Evil passage

Did not get a chance this trip for dead man's party or bad bob the bone butcher or the train. I expect all 3 to be similar to last year but I would all 3 very entertaining last year so that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I also want to comment on the building near goliath. There was talk that it may become a storage building or something about FF but I'm not so sure. The railing for the queue line going in and the exit into goliath gift shop looked definitely more permanetly installed and were not using those temporary movable railings and I don't see them putting in pemanent railings just for FF (even casa de meurte which is used every year for FF uses the temporary railings). So I'm thinking there will be some kind of attaction there come next year though that would be FF19 would lose two haunt locations from this year.

Postby Lotologist492 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Went and saw the movie "Hell Fest" Tuesday. I know there was much speculation as to whether that movie was filmed at SFoG - or any SF park for that matter but it became clear this was filmed at SF White Water! I recognized many buildings and areas clear as day, most notably the entrance to the rapids slide. The water wheel is also seen clearly during several scenes.

That means the production took place during the off season sometime in the winter of 2017/2018. Very interesting both GA Six Flags parks have now been heavily featured in films. SFoG in "Vacation" and now White Water in "Hell Fest!"

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 am

If you're referring to National Lampoon's Vacation, that was Magic Mountain.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:56 am

Mike240SX wrote:If you're referring to National Lampoon's Vacation, that was Magic Mountain.

The recent remake was at SFOG though
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Cypress Adventures

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:09 am

Ah. Didn't even know there was a remake.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby Krandor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:11 am

Mike240SX wrote:Ah. Didn't even know there was a remake.

Be glad you don’t know.

Postby Lotologist492 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Mike240SX wrote:If you're referring to National Lampoon's Vacation, that was Magic Mountain.

National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Vacation (2015) - Six Flags over Georgia.

Two very different movies. 'Vacation' was pretty bad; only worth seeing because of the Ninja being renamed the 'Raptor' (before it became Blue Hawk).

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:

The recent remake was at SFOG though

It wasn't a remake. It was a sequel/reboot.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:17 am

I went out to the park today for the first time in a couple months. I always make it a point to experience FrIght Fest as least once a year. Last year I didn’t get to experience any of the haunts but this year was different thanks to my Diamond Elite membership. It was extremely crowded tonight (especially for a Sunday) but thanks to my boss coming out to the park my good friend and I were able to get a few rides in on top of the several haunts. (My boss got a platinum flash pass for 3).

Special notes—

1. Acrophobia is up and running again!!!

2. The scare actors walking around the park did a really good job at scaring the f*ck out of me.

3. If you ever need to charge your phone (and you have your charger) I suggest heading down to Lickskillet and posting up at the bench near the funnel cake stand. There’s an outlet there and no one seemed to notice it.

4. The haunt in the building built near Goliath (Alien Adubtction I think) was bananas! It amazed me how much they packed in there!

5. The Thunder River queue haunt (can’t remember the name) had an extremely long line ALL night. I didn’t get to experience it but I’m gonna try to go back before FrIght Fest is over so I can see what the hype is about.

6. Mind Bender was running 1 train all day/night. I guess the 2nd train needs repairs or something.

7. Batman seemed a lil more intense than I remember... it seemed like they oiled the tracks or something.

8. The Gotham City haunt (ZX-1 I think) was also pretty good. Those scare actors were really putting in the work!

Overall, I had a blast. I didn’t even make it to the back section of the park (where GASM and SMUF is) but I still enjoyed myself despite the heavy crowds. I wish I had gotten more pictures but my battery was extremely low by the time it got dark. :roll:

Ride Count—
Acro - 1x
Twisted Cyclone - 1x
Mine Train - 1x
Mind Bender - 2x
Batman - 1x
Goliath - 1x
6512EC5B-19F0-4F07-9973-5D710A780A2A.jpeg
I snapped this picture as soon as I got off the bus. I was soooo happy to see Acro back in operation!
C1F82A2A-4CE2-48E0-9FDC-66CEE022F3A0.jpeg
The Goliath crew was dispatching trains like crazy!
B0FD168D-FC87-47AA-B8C1-A79CCB87C626.jpeg
The weather was perfect!
8B6277FF-1311-4A8D-A995-EA30142AAC57.jpeg
No Frigh Fest trip is complete without a pic of the bloody fountain!
7C6A8D68-51A7-41AA-989F-EA641E600B85.jpeg
Gotta love the spooky theming!
274FBAC2-E960-4F36-B327-01AB1FDBE157.jpeg
More spooky theming!!
0BCE4A9A-8FBD-4BAD-9316-58E2A86408B7.jpeg
Even more!
F99C4396-A376-49E0-B1D9-8ABA096F791C.jpeg
I caught the Coffin Challenge contestants shortly after the challenge was over. Congrats to the 5 that made it through the 30 hours!
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 pm

We went for a visit Sunday as well. The Diamond Elite haunt wristband plus the $10 upgrade to express option saved the day as the place was really full. It was also nice to experience more autumn-like weather. (I understand there will be a real chill in the air next weekend...)

Dr. Fright's Dead Man's party was short a couple of performers but in spite of that, the show is still really good and has been a fan favorite for decades.

The food and beverage lines were, as expected, obscene. I have noticed though that the Johnny Rockets location does a pretty good job of moving the line. We waited maybe 10-15 min for our meal. The extended Dining Pass hours really help. The theming and atmosphere at JD's Sports is outstanding! They really did a good job with the décor. If the food line there is horrendous, we simply get our meals from another location and enjoy!

Alien abduction is my pick for best haunt. The effects are well done and there are good scares in there. I would not recommend this one for young kids or the timid!

We will be back again this Friday the 19th and Sunday the 21st. Fright Fest has been lots of fun this year (so far)!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!