Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby jynx242 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:43 am

coasterer wrote:My wife and I brought our 10 month old son to the park today for bring a friend free day (I have a pass, she doesn't, but has been before). It was his first ever amusement park, first ever ride. Rode Monster Mansion, the Antique Cars, and the Carousel. Spent a little time in the wave pool. Ate lunch under Twisted Cyclone (which is just as awesome as Boldikus above^ describes, I completely agree, but we didn't get a ride in today)...

It was a totally new view of the park for me. I'm entering the wonderful world of amusement park child-rearing, and honestly, we had a wonderful time. It was COMPLETELY different from how I usually enjoy parks these days (alone, 3 hour max, only new or good coasters only). I don't think I've ridden a non-roller coaster in a... I don't remember when honestly.

But we had a blast and it's a beautiful park that I can't wait to continue exploring with my son from his perspective :)

I'm preparing to start taking our 2 year old soon. Can't wait!!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:55 pm

coasterbill wrote:I know location is an issue but if they choose not to open Justice League for the event then they’re insane.

Justice League will definitely be open throughout HitP. In fact, when they opened this ride in 2017, the park management were very quick to point out JL would be open through the holidays.

A little Holiday in the Park history at this park:

2014 - (first year) Lickskillet, Cotton States, and Gotham City sections closed. Capacity concerns led the management to opening Crime Wave in the Gotham City section (but nothing else) as well as the Dodge City Bumper Cars in the Cotton States area (accessible via Carousel Hill).

2015 - Gotham City added to park operations. Lickskillet and Cotton States remain closed. Park announced they would again open Dodge City Bumper Cars.

2016 - Superman: Ultimate Flight added to roster of operating coasters, this open area is accessible via Carousel Hill. Oddly enough, this area lacked holiday theming. Bumper Cars were walled off as they were being removed to make way for JL:BFM.

2017 - the (new) Metropolis section, including JL:BFM is officially added, complete with Christmas theming. Scream Machine remains closed along with the rest of Lickskillet in which it is now officially located. Also of note, Georgia Cyclone is closed as it is undergoing an RMC transformation.

Maybe they will add the final (Lickskillet) area this year. I still think this section would look really nice decked out for the holidays. If not this year, maybe 2019 after Pandemonium and the new Screampunk areas are added...

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!