Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:16 pm

grsupercity wrote:Me and my wife fly into Charlotte NC every January to visit my folks down there. Is SFOG open in January?

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/plan-your-visit/park-operating-schedule
SFOGjan.JPG
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 am

Thank you!
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:56 pm

I just realized that we're now in the month of August. This year flew by. Wow...

I'm guessing that Mother Nature didn't want me to ride any roller coasters this week since it's been raining since Monday night. :x

Saturday looks like it might be decent but I don't really want to spend money on a Flash Pass. :x
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Start Your Day With The Quaker Inside You!

Postby QuakerOaties » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:51 am

I made it to the park yesterday at 5 PM and was delighted to find a 10 minute wait for Twisted Cyclone. My boyfriend and I snagged three rides on it. Holy. Crap. What a beast. Fast, smooth, well paced, etc. All the things I'd expect from an RMC! What a great addition to the park. I'm glad to have finally gotten on it.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:54 am

prozach626 wrote:^Ah. Can anyone comment on how the highest level flash pass waits are on Fright Fest? Also, I'm assuming SF did their usual MO and you can only purchase a couple flash pass rides on Georgia Cyclone which have to be scheduled in advance?
Haven't been there this season so not sure.. I know the last time I purchased one you could book the newest rides (or backwards Batman, VR DDD or whatever other gimmick they had instead of a new ride) as often as you wanted but must have the highest level flash pass.

Also not sure on price either.. Memberships always have discounts so for the basic I have paid as low as $35 total for two people and as much as $50 total.. other levels also have discounts but I'm thinking the highest one was $75ish each so $150 total for two. I think one of their new membership levels might even include one of the flash passes now.. can't remember

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:08 pm

QuakerOaties wrote:I made it to the park yesterday at 5 PM and was delighted to find a 10 minute wait for Twisted Cyclone. My boyfriend and I snagged three rides on it. Holy. Crap. What a beast. Fast, smooth, well paced, etc. All the things I'd expect from an RMC! What a great addition to the park. I'm glad to have finally gotten on it.

Glad you enjoyed it! I've gone on weekdays a couple of times this summer and it never has too bad of a wait.

David

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:15 pm

All right, I've decided that I'm going to shoot for Sunday the 9th of September to go to Six Flags over Georgia, weather permitting.

First time going - anyone have any battle plan advice? I intend on being there open to close. I will only consider purchasing Flash Pass if it's absolutely necessary. Thanks everybody!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby hagwar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:12 pm

A.J. wrote:All right, I've decided that I'm going to shoot for Sunday the 9th of September to go to Six Flags over Georgia, weather permitting.

First time going - anyone have any battle plan advice? I intend on being there open to close. I will only consider purchasing Flash Pass if it's absolutely necessary. Thanks everybody!

Park should be walk on for most rides until noon or so. Get there at least 30 minutes early. It seems that they've opened Twisted Cyclone early before the park opens as its right in front. From there go straight to Dare Devil Dive. Next if you want the credit grab Joker Fun House Coaster (fun BTW) as its a single train with very slow dispatches. Superman in the back of the park. Then probably over to Mind Bender and then Monster Mansion and Dahlonega Mine Train. Save, GA Scorcher Batman, Blue Hawk, GASM and Goliath until later in the day. Also if on a meal plan, try and eat by 1130 or eateries gets slow and crowded.

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:26 pm

I was just there for the 1st time ~2 weeks ago, and although people's tastes are gonna be different, I'd say for sure don't skip:

-- Twisted Cyclone (lines in the afternoon seemed shorter)
-- Georgia Scorcher (again lines in the afternoon seemed walk on. . by far the smoothest standup I've ever been on)
-- everything in Gotham (Mindbender, Batman (super forcefull for a Batman), Joker Loops, and the swings were all great, the Harley Tilt a Whirl was really the only thing that had a long line when we were there).
-- Monster Mansion (a truly unique WTF dark ride)
-- JLA battle for Metropolis (all the effects were working, and it was just brilliant)
-- Goliath (KILLER hyper coaster, smooth as hell in the front and very reridable).
-- Carousel Hill (classic carousel with beautiful design, and a really scenic and pretty classic gas powered cars track. . you'll forget you're in a theme park).

if you have time, I'd say also worth a stop are:
-- Superman (flying coaster). . short layout, but pulled a long line
-- Great American Scream Machine (classic woodie, was much smoother in the front, but not much air with the current trains being used)
-- Acrophobia (looked like a great drop tower, but was down during my visit, so didn't get to ride)
-- Flume (didn't get us too wet, but just an average flume)
-- Thunder River (raft ride -- got us ABSOLUTELY soaked -- to the point we had to go back to the hotel to change. . so be warned)
-- skybuckets (great way to get towards the back of the park).
-- Jokers Funhouse Coaster (also down during our trip, but looked like a fun and uniquely laid out roller skater)

I'd say for sure avoid Blue Hawk (unless you are into pain from horrible transitions). . LOL. . . .anything else was OK to "mildly fun", tho your mileage may vary on DareDevil Dive (I hated it) . . but above were our highlights.

oh. . the Mine Train!. . lots of fun, until the final tunnel. be warned, there's a transition coming out of the tunnel, headed back to the station, that will jolt the hell out of you. it actually 'cracked' my spine, it's so rough. . so be prepared for that!

have fun!. . I greatly enjoyed this park.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:44 pm

^Nice mini review of everything. In terms of Six Flags parks, I think Over Georgia is my number one or two on the "next to visit" list. Twisted Cyclone, Goliath, Mind Bender, and Batman seems like a really solid top 4, plus Dare Devil Dive, Superman, Scorcher, and all the others too. Some day!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!