Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby carolinaman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 pm

On a Coaster Addict Video, He said that on the park map says that a "New Dining Experience for 2018" will be coming in the Goliath Plaza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5iX-yIp_Lk

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:45 pm

bert425 wrote:
Seddy wrote:The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going on inside

Grain of salt. But was told by park rep on tues morning that it’s an improved (covered) queue for Goliath.

And it certainly does look like that’s what it is being built

They need to put a shade covering on the queue closest to the station. The secondary switchback area is fully covered. However the 1st area of switchbacks only has coverings in the corners, that shades almost nobody.
Last edited by Sven20 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:58 pm.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:54 pm

bert425 wrote:
Seddy wrote:The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going on inside

Grain of salt. But was told by park rep on tues morning that it’s an improved (covered) queue for Goliath.

And it certainly does look like that’s what it is being built

I doubt it. Especially since the rest of the queue is separated from the construction. I hate to break it to you but I think somebody lied to you.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:26 am

Hey peoples!

Unless Dollywood's expansion is slated for 2020 for some reason, I'll be making my now annual out-of-state theme park trip to Six Flags Over Georgia. It will be my first time!

I'm looking to go for one day during a weekend in September, but BEFORE Fright Fest. The dates I'm looking at are September 1st (Sat), 2nd (Sun), 8th (Sat), 9th (Sun), or 16th (Sun). Of those dates, which do you think would get me the most bang for my buck?

I really don't want to have to purchase a Flash Pass, but I want to be able to ride all the coasters at least once.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Khat26 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:44 am

^I would go on a Sunday. Get there at park opening and head to Twisted Cyclone. You should be able to get a few rides with little to no wait.
Hit Dare Devil Dive next, if you care to ride.

The rest of the park should have reasonable lines. I used this strategy when I visited the park last month. The longest line we waited in was DDD and that was only about 10 minutes.

Postby A.J. » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:02 am

What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:15 pm

A.J. wrote:What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).

The Sunday of Labor Day Weekend shouldn't be too crowded considering that the park is open the next day. Since alot of people are going to be off work, I expect the park to be unbelievable crowded on Monday. As stated above, head straight to Twisted Cyclone to get a couple of laps in, then head to either Superman or Dare Devil Dive. Since you'll reach DDD first, you might as well get that one out of the way and then head directly to Superman as these two rides get the longest lines. Good luck!
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Start Your Day With The Quaker Inside You!

Postby QuakerOaties » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:28 am

Any thoughts on what the Twisted Cyclone line is like towards closing on a weekday? I haven't ridden yet and am contemplating getting to the park around 5:30 PM (7PM closing) either today or tomorrow. Thanks ya'll!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:45 am

A.J. wrote:What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).

Sundays in September are Bring A Friend Free days. Keep that in mind.

Postby A.J. » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 am

Interesting, but that's only for passholders and members, right? Do you think that it would make the Saturday a better day to go?

Must. Not. Purchase. Flash. Pass.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!