Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 659 - Twisted Cyclone POV Video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lucid Caster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Oops. Double post. Sorry guys! :|

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lucid Caster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:00 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
southpuddle wrote:If anyone is hoping for a third lap to magically be added, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The other RMCs have had some slight variations in the final product when compared to the renderings, and that’s all anyone should expect.


Exactly my thoughts. I'm just expecting some slight differences in banking/roll directions, things like that.

He in fact said "there will be more turns". The only way for there to be more turns than in the animation is for the layout to include a third lap. CONFIRMED. PERIOD.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3069
Joined: 12 Oct 2012
Location: Salt Lake City
Gender: Male
Age: 18

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Lucid Caster wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:
southpuddle wrote:If anyone is hoping for a third lap to magically be added, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The other RMCs have had some slight variations in the final product when compared to the renderings, and that’s all anyone should expect.


Exactly my thoughts. I'm just expecting some slight differences in banking/roll directions, things like that.

He in fact said "there will be more turns". The only way for there to be more turns than in the animation is for the layout to include a third lap. CONFIRMED. PERIOD.


I'm not quite sure if you're being serious or not, but I want to respond anyway.

If they were including a third lap, why wouldn't they show it in the original animation? That makes no sense at all that they would leave out a a whole third of the layout from the animation.

Also, it is very possible to include more turns while still maintaining the layout shape. For example, the overbanked turn could be two "waves" like on Wicked Cyclone. Or maybe a double down instead of a typical airtime hill. Things like that.

You're welcome to believe what you want, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Drawing realistic conclusions based on logic is not the same as being negative.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lucid Caster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Lucid Caster wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:
southpuddle wrote:If anyone is hoping for a third lap to magically be added, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The other RMCs have had some slight variations in the final product when compared to the renderings, and that’s all anyone should expect.


Exactly my thoughts. I'm just expecting some slight differences in banking/roll directions, things like that.

He in fact said "there will be more turns". The only way for there to be more turns than in the animation is for the layout to include a third lap. CONFIRMED. PERIOD.

I would also like to point out that the parts of he old third lap are painted and have the little wood blocks they lay the ledgers on before the nuts and bolts arrive. THIRD LAP!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
User avatar
 
Posts: 270
Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby southpuddle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Ok dude.

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lucid Caster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
Lucid Caster wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:
southpuddle wrote:If anyone is hoping for a third lap to magically be added, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. The other RMCs have had some slight variations in the final product when compared to the renderings, and that’s all anyone should expect.


Exactly my thoughts. I'm just expecting some slight differences in banking/roll directions, things like that.

He in fact said "there will be more turns". The only way for there to be more turns than in the animation is for the layout to include a third lap. CONFIRMED. PERIOD.


I'm not quite sure if you're being serious or not, but I want to respond anyway.

If they were including a third lap, why wouldn't they show it in the original animation? That makes no sense at all that they would leave out a a whole third of the layout from the animation.

Also, it is very possible to include more turns while still maintaining the layout shape. For example, the overbanked turn could be two "waves" like on Wicked Cyclone. Or maybe a double down instead of a typical airtime hill. Things like that.

You're welcome to believe what you want, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Drawing realistic conclusions based on logic is not the same as being negative.

There are marks and wood blocks for holding ledgers on the old third lap. It's simple logic really. And yes, 'm being serious. No need for a low-key disrespectful comment like that.

I know more about donkeys than women!
 
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 May 2016
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Mr. Corn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 pm

while i'm perfectly happy with what i think it's going to be (couple different banks, maybe a newly formed airtime hill with a touch of theming), if there was one extra thing i could add, it'd be for them to reprofile the turnaround over the lift. it's currently a not too steep hill, followed by a flattening out of said hill, into the turnaround. i think that they have a beautiful moment of crazy ejector air there that's simply going to be thrown away. turn the not too steep leadup hill into a twisting double up, turn the flat section into a dip so you get some ejector, and then possibly bank the turn a bit more to make it feel like you're going to fall out. really, this entire project looks fantastic, and retheming an entire area of the park is just the cherry on top

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
User avatar
 
Posts: 270
Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby southpuddle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Lucid, while I really shouldn’t dignify that with a response because I think you might be trolling, just because there are preparations to add track on what used to be the third lap of the old ride does not mean that will be the third lap on the new ride. RMC makes changes like that to the original structure all the time in these conversions.

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lucid Caster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:37 pm

southpuddle wrote:Lucid, while I really shouldn’t dignify that with a response because I think you might be trolling, just because there are preparations to add track on what used to be the third lap of the old ride does not mean that will be the third lap on the new ride. RMC makes changes like that to the original structure all the time in these conversions.


So let me get this straight. The communications directer announces 300 extra feet of track. He says they are adding things to the layout. He then says two months later they are adding turns. There are marked small blocks of wood placed recently(I know this because they aren't painted but they would be if they were already there because they used paint sprayers which can't pain fine details). RMC always places ledgers on small wood blocks as the bolts don't come until hey are almost ready for testing. Tracks are placed on ledgers. I spot these blocks in images on this board on the structure of the third lap. I am now a troll for coming to the logical conclusion that there will be a third lap. That's about as illogical as it gets!

I know more about donkeys than women!
 
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 May 2016
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Mr. Corn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Lucid Caster wrote:
southpuddle wrote:Lucid, while I really shouldn’t dignify that with a response because I think you might be trolling, just because there are preparations to add track on what used to be the third lap of the old ride does not mean that will be the third lap on the new ride. RMC makes changes like that to the original structure all the time in these conversions.


So let me get this straight. The communications directer announces 300 extra feet of track. He says they are adding things to the layout. He then says two months later they are adding turns. There are marked small blocks of wood placed recently(I know this because they aren't painted but they would be if they were already there because they used paint sprayers which can't pain fine details). RMC always places ledgers on small wood blocks as the bolts don't come until hey are almost ready for testing. Tracks are placed on ledgers. I spot these blocks in images on this board on the structure of the third lap. I am now a troll for coming to the logical conclusion that there will be a third lap. That's about as illogical as it gets!


since there was a lot of information flying around saying that these mystery additions would add 300ft onto the ride length
300ft - 15ft for additional banking changes
285ft - 60ft in maneuver changes to add track to connect the airtime hill/turn to the helix

then we're left with 220ft of track left for the helix, that means that using the formula ((t/3.14=d)x6/5t)= helix, we can assume that said proposed helix would have a diameter of 70ft. This means that each 1/4 of the helix uses roughly 35ft of track to travel forward in the circle, and when we use the formula (220ft/4)-35ft, we are left with 35ft to adjust the angle of the turn (aka turning). Then after calculating the latitude based turns, we can figure out that to have a perfect circle, the train has to travel roughly 58ft to complete 1/4 of the helix. Therefore, based on the 232ft, which is over the projected 220ft added for the helix (but close enough), we can come to the conclusion that the width and "height" of the helix is roughly 2/3 the size of a baseball field, which is EXTREMELY small. Then, to go further, if we assume that the train is traveling 25mph throughout the helix, which is a fair assessment based off the animations, we can say for 25mph = 36 feet per second, meaning that 232ft/36ft= roughly 6.5. this means that if this hypothetical 220ft helix was added, it would add a mere 6.5 seconds onto the ride time, and that's not even adding in the extra speed gained from a coaster train which is much heavier than an everyday car used in the calculations. now let's ask ourselves, would six flags really invest all this extra money and time to add 6 seconds onto a ride that would not only kill the pacing, but increase maintenance, increase construction costs, push the construction deadline even further, and not provide anything to the ride experience. and that's not even including the fact that honestly, the attraction is stronger without it, and there's no marketability in having a helix vs. not having one. the answer to that is no. so therefore, you're wrong

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron