Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Five babies drowned in a fire

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Here is the topper track from Cyclone at SFNE, you can see it's basically a layer of steel-ish material on top of all the normal layers of wood. It's definitely a gray area, but I think it's still in the "wooden" classification. Until they completely get rid of the layers of wood and replace it all with steel I-beam track (New Texas Giant), it's still wooden.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:42 pm

^I can definitely see how that would smooth a coaster out, though I'll have to try it out more to know if I really like it.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SJP2084 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:59 am

I definitely think this maintenance is needed for Cyclone. I doubt whether replacing just these portions will significantly change the experience as a whole. Let's see what happens down the road. Exciting regardless!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coasterbear30 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:07 am

I rode Rattler last year with it's topper track on sections and that part was extremely smooth but the rest of it was just as rough and terrible. It is at the top of my worst wood coaster list, even with some topper track. I am hoping that they can retrack the majority of Cyclone with this. I will give it a ride once again this year to feel it out but I haven't ridden this coaster in the past few years because it had gotten so bad.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TPOLMike » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Wasn't planning on going to SFOG this year, but maybe I will have to if Cyclone is being retracked.
Cedar Point information and photos - ThePointOL.com

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby SFOG » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Here is a cool photo showing off the costumes that will be featured in our new iLuminate show coming in May!
FLAGS_iLuminate_KeyArt_1_SMALL copy.jpg

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby nin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 am

I am beyond excited for this year at the ark. Glad I could join the SFoG team! :D

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Freaky! love it! And the topper track looks promising! Hopefully I can get out to the park this year so I can try out the coaster and see this show.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Six Flags Over Georgia has sent us a press release reporting record earnings in the year 2011!

On the heels of an extremely successful 2011 season, Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water are gearing up for a monumental season in 2012. Today, Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the parent company of the Atlanta-area parks, announced impressive earnings for 2011, reporting $350 million of Adjusted EBITDA1 in 2011 – the highest in company history.

“We are extremely excited to kick off the park’s 45th season here at Six Flags Over Georgia,” said Melinda Ashcraft, park president. “Throughout the years, our guests have supported our park, establishing Six Flags as a staple in the community. In little more than a year after restructuring, Six Flags is once again leading the regional theme park industry by focusing on what we do best – delivering thrills and fun to guests of all ages.”

Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water are in the middle of a hiring spree to staff the more than 2,400 seasonal positions required to operate the parks, both located in Cobb County. Applications are still being accepted online at sixflagsjobs.com.

This summer, the theme park will debut a ground-breaking new show aptly named iLuminate™, featuring state-of-the-art costumes equipped with Electroluminescent (EL) wire and LEDs to provide a full sensory experience for guests. The show will run daily May 26 through August 12 in the famed Crystal Pistol Music Hall.

Six Flags White Water is bringing back the guest-favorite Dive-In Movies, a summertime event for families to relax at the Atlanta Ocean Wave Pool and catch the latest flicks on a giant screen. Dive-In Movies will be shown weekly during June and July.

Six Flags Over Georgia will kick off its 45th season on Saturday, March 17. The park will be open weekends through May 25, plus daily for Spring Break March 31 through April 8. Six Flags White Water kicks off the summer season on Saturday, May 19.

The theme park is currently offering an incredible deal on 2012 Season Passes, priced at just $54.99 each when you purchase 4 or more – the same price as a one-day admission ticket.

Investors can find additional information at sixflags.com/investors or by contacting the company’s investor relations department.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:26 am

They deserve it! I felt the park was really in the best shape it has been in several years during my visit last year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!