Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby beenagins87 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 am

PatrickFHam wrote:
simaticable wrote:So, I was thinking with the construction of RMC Cyclone, is there a good chance Georgia Scorcher could get repainted finally since it's pretty much right across the entrance of Cyclone?

Before the all-but-official RMC conversion of GC, I was thinking 2018 could have been repainting GS and a floorless conversion, a la Mantis/Rougarou at Cedar Point... an opportunity for marketing a "new" ride, and high exposure up front, too. Granted, I'd guess it's not a cheap conversion, but surely they are aware load/unload on our GS is the worst one of all the stand ups. (That's for real.)

The ride is so good! It just needs some attention, just like Ninja/Blue Hawk did. Under-rated, IMO.

Fresh paint, two floorless trains, loading station re-do... boom

I don't want them to convert it, the ride is probably the best Stand Up coaster out their. All it needs is a reapint, as for dispatchs, we were their on Wednsedsy and they dispatched our train in under two minutes, next train took like 5, it's more of the GP holding the dispatches up than it is anything else, how people don't understand that you have to STAND on a STAND UP coaster is rather perplexing.
Coasters: 96 66 Steel, 30 Wood)

Top 5 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 1B) Beast at night 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder

Top 5 Steel: 1. I305 2. Goliath ( SFOG) 3. TN Tornado 4. V2 5. Batman: The Ride

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:28 pm

The park offered ACE members the final ride and that is why they were being held at the end of the line just before closing, and I appreciated having a way to be on the last public train! Cyclone has always been one of my favorites since I was a small child so it was great to have the final ride. Very bittersweet. I'm embarrassed to say it made me a bit more emotional inside than I anticipated.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PatrickFHam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:29 pm

purplechicken wrote:Everything SFOGdude25 said is about the same as what I had to say, other than the fact that I was on the last train! :b :br :b :br

I have an out-side the park video of this, if you're interested. Ha!
https://youtu.be/punA1R86s3k

I arrived to the park at 20-till closing, and was turned away at the gate at 7:42p. So mad. Instead of riding, I stood between west parking and west ticketing and watched the last hour's worth of cycles. I heard a bunch of cheering, saw some flash-photography, assumed it was the last one, and started the video. Next train was empty, done for the night. Mixed emotions with all that.
Last edited by PatrickFHam on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:57 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PatrickFHam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:33 pm

beenagins87 wrote:I don't want them to convert it, the ride is probably the best Stand Up coaster out their. All it needs is a reapint, as for dispatchs, we were their on Wednsedsy and they dispatched our train in under two minutes, next train took like 5, it's more of the GP holding the dispatches up than it is anything else, how people don't understand that you have to STAND on a STAND UP coaster is rather perplexing.

This is super-bratty thing to say, but I wish I could be in charge of that loading platform for a day and fix their whole system. Seriously, giving an extra 10 seconds to let people settle in properly (after putting their drink bottles in the holder), and THEN locking all rows ONCE, without having to reset half the rows individually would do wonders for that ride's capacity.

I know that's really a know-it-all's perspective, but I really think that would help.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby carolinaman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:56 pm

I just seen on Google maps that where Cyclone is it now say The Joker. Would they do this just to mess with people??
The Joker SFOG.PNG

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:59 pm

PatrickFHam wrote:
purplechicken wrote:Everything SFOGdude25 said is about the same as what I had to say, other than the fact that I was on the last train! :b :br :b :br

I have an out-side the park video of this, if you're interested. Ha!
https://youtu.be/punA1R86s3k

I arrived to the park at 20-till closing, and was turned away at the gate at 7:42p. So mad. Instead of riding, I stood between west parking and west ticketing and watched the last hour's worth of cycles. I heard a bunch of cheering, saw some flash-photography, assumed it was the last one, and started the video. Next train was empty, done for the night. Mixed emotions with all that.

That's really unfortunate! Either an hour or 30 minutes before closing they stop letting people in the park (not sure which). I have managed to go in anyways with the right excuse and enough persistence.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PatrickFHam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:02 pm

carolinaman wrote:I just seen on Google maps that where Cyclone is it now say The Joker. Would they do this just to mess with people??

Ok, wow. Hahaha!! That's so interesting! I . . . don't even know what to say to that. Somebody over there in the SFoG offices is ON it!

Got to be a joke, since our 'ring of fire' is called "The Joker."
Also, I'd really hope they wouldn't put a Gotham-themed ride outside our own Gotham City. Please no, SFoG.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RollerManic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:04 pm

carolinaman wrote:I just seen on Google maps that where Cyclone is it now say The Joker. Would they do this just to mess with people??

I doubt it will be called that, based on the Superloop across the park. I have encountered examples of Google Maps mixing up the labeling on roses, so my best guess is that it is a mislabeled pin.
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:17 pm

Not to mention the other Joker (actual) coaster across the park.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby fiestatexasfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:20 pm

RollerManic wrote:

I doubt it will be called that, based on the Superloop across the park. I have encountered examples of Google Maps mixing up the labeling on roses, so my best guess is that it is a mislabeled pin.

Someone random person could have sent it into Google also just to troll with people.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler
Last park visited- Six Flags Fiesta Texas (7-18-17)
-Last roller coaster ridden- Roadrunner Express (7-18-17)
-Last flat ride ridden- Spinsanity (7-18-17)
-Last water park ride ridden- Thunder rapids (7-18-17)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!