Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 611 - Twisted Cyclone Construction Tour!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 pm

simaticable wrote:So, I was thinking with the construction of RMC Cyclone, is there a good chance Georgia Scorcher could get repainted finally since it's pretty much right across the entrance of Cyclone?

That's been the pattern as of late with Six Flags, I hope it's a totally different color.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:49 pm

If Scorcher gets repainted, it better be done right this time (aka pressure washed AND painted with good paint). It's last repaint was 10 years ago and it only took like 3 years to go to crap LOL.

Btw I'll be braving the crowds tomorrow and Sunday to be among the last riders to ride Cyclone. Hopefully I can get on the last train ever, but it won't be a huge deal if I don't. Will probably do a report on it. Stay tuned.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PatrickFHam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:59 pm

simaticable wrote:So, I was thinking with the construction of RMC Cyclone, is there a good chance Georgia Scorcher could get repainted finally since it's pretty much right across the entrance of Cyclone?

Before the all-but-official RMC conversion of GC, I was thinking 2018 could have been repainting GS and a floorless conversion, a la Mantis/Rougarou at Cedar Point... an opportunity for marketing a "new" ride, and high exposure up front, too. Granted, I'd guess it's not a cheap conversion, but surely they are aware load/unload on our GS is the worst one of all the stand ups. (That's for real.)

The ride is so good! It just needs some attention, just like Ninja/Blue Hawk did. Under-rated, IMO.

Fresh paint, two floorless trains, loading station re-do... boom.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PatrickFHam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:01 pm

SFOGdude25 wrote:If Scorcher gets repainted, it better be done right this time (aka pressure washed AND painted with good paint). It's last repaint was 10 years ago and it only took like 3 years to go to crap LOL.

Btw I'll be braving the crowds tomorrow and Sunday to be among the last riders to ride Cyclone. Hopefully I can get on the last train ever, but it won't be a huge deal if I don't. Will probably do a report on it. Stay tuned.

The last re-paint was LOUSY, without a doubt.

I'm actually up here now just walking around. Overcast, but a really nice evening. No lines.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:42 pm

PatrickFHam wrote:
simaticable wrote:I was thinking 2018 could have been repainting GS and a floorless conversion, a la Mantis/Rougarou at Cedar Point... an opportunity for marketing a "new" ride, and high exposure up front, too. Granted, I'd guess it's not a cheap conversion, but surely they are aware load/unload on our GS is the worst one of all the stand ups. (That's for real.)

The ride is so good! It just needs some attention, just like Ninja/Blue Hawk did. Under-rated, IMO.

Fresh paint, two floorless trains, loading station re-do... boom.

I may be in the minority here, but I personally hope Six Flags never converts Riddler or Scorcher. They are fantastic rides as they are, and IMO Rougarou isn't much better than Mantis was and now is just a mediocre sitdown. Stand ups are a dying breed, Riddler and Scorcher were the best of the bunch IMO
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Scorcher need not be converted. It's the only one I can actually stand to ride (no pun intended).
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby SLCHeadache » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Much as prozach626 encountered difficulties in his trip to BGW, it looks like my trip to SFoG for tomorrow is not looking so good. My train, the 19 Crescent, is running very late.

I will be lucky to make it to the park by 1 PM. Worst case scenario and my return train is on time (leaving at 7 to make it), I'm assuming I will need the Platinum Flash Pass to have any hope of getting all the credits?
Top steel: Intimidator 305 / Fury 325 / Twisted Colossus / Storm Runner / Tatsu
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:01 am

Considering the weather forecast for today, I'd say yes. Though maybe everyone would head to the waterpark? In any case, check out the scene when you get there and if most of the major coasters have waits that would combined take longer to wait for than the time you have allowed for yourself @ the park, then head back down to the front of the park and pony up on a FP. I did have platinum when I was there and the majority of coasters you get right on, no merge points. Goliath, Minderbender, GASM, Batman, Cyclone, Superman all dump you right into the station. If you do manage to get there by 1pm and have to leave by 7, I'd just grab the pass (after you check out crowds of course) as you might even be able to get multiple rides on things you really dig, even in that short time frame.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. It's a great park!
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:31 am

Ok I just had the most sketchy ride of my life on Georgia Cyclone...

First public train of the day. Sitting in row 6-1, my lap bar couldn't click all the way down on me so I had a solid 4 inches of space. If it wasn't for the seat belt I would've been gone. :lol: Also one of the wheels on our car was misaligned and scraping through the whole ride.

RMC can't come soon enough LOL.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby SLCHeadache » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 am

Things continue to look grim for me and this trip. The return train is making all of its stops on time, and at the rate this train is going, there's no way I will be in the park before 2. If the train weren't delayed, I would have been in the park right now.

Amtrak's delay has cost me almost half of my day here.

Safe to say, I'm beelining to the Flash Pass stand when I finally get there.
Top steel: Intimidator 305 / Fury 325 / Twisted Colossus / Storm Runner / Tatsu
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!