Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 611 - Twisted Cyclone Construction Tour!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby pproteinc » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:17 pm

*double posted*

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:32 am

pproteinc wrote:I think I'm the only one who went deaf during the vid of coaster addict when they PR said shills are back in session on July 31st. Umm why? It's still summer. Most go back mid August or after Labor Day. When did they get out for summer? April? Sheesh. I'd be pissed if I was a kid going back to school in July. Is the whole county all year round schooling or something?

I have a niece and nephew who live in Effingham County (NW of Savannah) and they go back August 3rd. Another nephew lives in Bryan County (1 county south of Savannah) and they go back August 7th. They all get out May 23rd. Cobb (the one he mentions) starts the July 31st (last day May 23) and Fulton starts Aug 7th (last day May 24). That does seem quite early. The schools where I live (Gainesville, FL) start back August 14th.
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:38 am

pproteinc wrote:I think I'm the only one who went deaf during the vid of coaster addict when they PR said shills are back in session on July 31st. Umm why? It's still summer. Most go back mid August or after Labor Day. When did they get out for summer? April? Sheesh. I'd be pissed if I was a kid going back to school in July. Is the whole county all year round schooling or something?

I went to school in Cherokee County, a county north of Cobb. Traditionally, both Cobb and Cherokee start the first week of August and get out around Memorial Day weekend. It's because there are breaks scheduled in September and February that most other counties don't have. It's so there's a week off roughly every 6 weeks, but they still can have a full year of school. It's honestly a great schedule since kids don't get too burned out, and they have a week to recharge and get through the next 6 weeks.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Jccoasterfan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 am

Took a brief visit to the park today and got my final ride in on Georgia Cyclone. The park is pretty crowded today and most waits are averaging around 30+ minutes. Justice League broke down while we were in line waiting, and Monster Mansion went down as well. Other than that, our main focus today was riding Cyclone for the last time before it closes after next weekend.

Also, not sure if this has been posted yet, but the park now has the "Something big is coming.." banner up on the side of Cyclone's storage shed.
IMG_4957.JPG

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mayb78910 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:38 am

Jccoasterfan wrote:Took a brief visit to the park today and got my final ride in on Georgia Cyclone. The park is pretty crowded today and most waits are averaging around 30+ minutes. Justice League broke down while we were in line waiting, and Monster Mansion went down as well. Other than that, our main focus today was riding Cyclone for the last time before it closes after next weekend.

Also, not sure if this has been posted yet, but the park now has the "Something big is coming.." banner up on the side of Cyclone's storage shed.

:airtimer: :airtimer: :b :)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby beenagins87 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Vonni wrote:Honestly, I feel like DDD would be better suited at another park in the chain that would not be as poorly affect with such low capacity. That was a really inappropriate addition for SFOG.

I mean a lot of the other parks are busier or just as busy as Georgia during it's peak, the only park that a Eurofighter wouldn't be a nightmare capacity wise is probably Six Flags America.
Coasters: 96 66 Steel, 30 Wood)

Top 5 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 1B) Beast at night 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder

Top 5 Steel: 1. I305 2. Goliath ( SFOG) 3. TN Tornado 4. V2 5. Batman: The Ride

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:35 pm

^ And the Great Escape

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby beenagins87 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Vonni wrote:^ And the Great Escape

Yea forgot about that one.. Honestly, now that the VR is off of it this season DDD isn't that bad considering it's a Eurofighter, I mean have the fastest crew you can find, and the capacity of a eurofighter is going to be subpar regardless, I think behind Mindbender, DDD actually has the most efficient crew in the park.
Coasters: 96 66 Steel, 30 Wood)

Top 5 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 1B) Beast at night 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder

Top 5 Steel: 1. I305 2. Goliath ( SFOG) 3. TN Tornado 4. V2 5. Batman: The Ride

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zeus7331 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 am

2hardcoreshann wrote:Hi everyone, I am planning my first visit to Six Flags (July 26th) and had some questions I am hoping the experts can answer. I'm a Florida girl and have a feeling this won't but the same experience as our parks- but not in a bad way.

1. It will be a Wednesday, end of summer, is this typically a very crowded time? Will we be able to do everything (or almost) once?
2. Which rides/attractions do we absolutely need to hit up? (2 adults who love coasters)
3. How long are wait times typically?
4. Is there a good time to stop by the water park portion? Like opening time, or closer to 6?
5. Are the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo there big enough for our shoes, clothes and 2 towels? Is it all day/hourly? What is the rate?
6. Do the meal tickets online really save you anything? or should we wait for better food options in park?
7. Is there a way to get around the $25 parking? Nearby hotels with free shuttle, etc.?
8. Do they have digital kiosks for wait times, an app, etc?
9. Any other info that would be useful, help us have extra fun?
10. We will be going to Talluhah Gorge the next day? any recommendations there?
11. Good place to eat a casual dinner somewhere in-between?

Sorry to get a little off topic towards the end but I figured some locals might be able to help. Thanks in advance!

So did you make it to SFOG? If so what day...what were your thoughts?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:09 pm

So, I was thinking with the construction of RMC Cyclone, is there a good chance Georgia Scorcher could get repainted finally since it's pretty much right across the entrance of Cyclone?
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!