Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:18 am

But California weather is a little different than Georgia weather that time of year. Georgia does get more colder temps than L.A. does. Though barring weather concerns, I would assume that since its literally next to the front gate in an area that has definitely been open for HITP, that Twisted Cyclone would be open next winter. I need to get back to visit my sister next year so trying to figure when is the best chance to get more than a ride or two on this thing.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:54 am

EliHorton wrote:Doesn't Twisted Colossus usually run at Holiday in the Park at Magic Mountain?

:lol: Magic Mountain operates all year so every coaster in the park is open for the event. But yeah, this thing will absolutely run for Holiday in the Park.

Anyway, we really need to visit SFOG. Frontier sometimes has hilariously cheap flights to Georgia, so maybe next year we'll pull the trigger on a trip down there to check this thing out and visit the Braves new stadium.

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:04 am

With those hotels right next to the park and it being a reasonable distance (20 minutes) from the Atlanta airport, it would be easy for you guys to make a quick little weekend trip down there. I am forever plotting and scheming how I can make a quick jaunt down to SFOG, in spite of all the other parks I still need to get to.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:23 am

boldikus wrote:With those hotels right next to the park and it being a reasonable distance (20 minutes) from the Atlanta airport, it would be easy for you guys to make a quick little weekend trip down there. I am forever plotting and scheming how I can make a quick jaunt down to SFOG, in spite of all the other parks I still need to get to.

Aaaaand there's a public transportation train that takes you to/from the city and also can take you pretty close to SFOG. Definitely an easy weekend trip!
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby boldikus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:27 am

Yeah the public transit in Atlanta was super easy for me to get around, though the morning I got there I just took an Uber from the airport over to the hotel/park, and he may have been one of my favorite Uber drivers ever. When I told him my plans for the day his face lit up and we chatted about the park the entire way. Super cool guy, gave him a nice fat tip.

Postby jynx242 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:50 am

A word to the wise regarding public transportation to the park and the area - during the day it is absolutely fine. At night, however, I'd recommend catching a cab at the last subway stop to get to the hotels / park (or an UBER from the airport.) MARTA is great and the subway is super efficient and easy to use. The stations and bus stops in that part of town can, however, be rather sketchy. For anyone unused to living or being around the inner city - it could be scary.

Can't wait till next year to ride this. I absolutely love SFoG and seeing a ride of this magnitude being added makes me so very happy.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby super7 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:19 am

lucasdavidgray wrote:It looks fun, and I’m excited...but I can’t believe they made it so short. There’s going to be such long lines for such a short fide. Still looks fun, though.

That's been the pattern with all of these 6 flags conversions. They go cheap (not big) and shorten the rides. I would take Viper at Great America anytime over this conversion. The Cedar Fair conversions so far seem to be the full coasters.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:27 pm

super7 wrote:I would take Viper at Great America anytime over this conversion

Don't you think you should ride it before figuring out where it falls in your rankings? RMC has yet to make a coaster that wasn't OMFG amazing.

Postby boldikus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:43 pm

^ :nina:

super7 wrote:
lucasdavidgray wrote:It looks fun, and I’m excited...but I can’t believe they made it so short. There’s going to be such long lines for such a short fide. Still looks fun, though.

That's been the pattern with all of these 6 flags conversions. They go cheap (not big) and shorten the rides. I would take Viper at Great America anytime over this conversion. The Cedar Fair conversions so far seem to be the full coasters.

:lol: :lol:

Were you in the boardroom when the decision was made to go with the final layout that was chosen? If not, how exactly are you so sure it was due to money?

Twisted Timbers is a whopping 204 feet longer than Hurler. Steel Vengeance is 313 feet longer than Mean Streak. Yet somehow those are "the full coasters" (whatever than means?) but every other RMC is "cheap", even though the general consensus is they're generally amazing. OK. You wanna lump Kentucky Kingdom in with that while you're at it?

Let's not forget who was the first company to take a chance on RMC and got the ball rolling on these conversions.

Coaster enthusiasts: never letting an opportunity to bash Six Flags go to waste. :roll:

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:04 pm

You know what, let people complain. Less people in line of me while I constantly re-ride this! It may not be Steel Vengence, but hey, it's 20 minutes from me and will probably be the most kick A$$ ride at the park.
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!