Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:04 am

I've never been to this park but this looks awesome, definitely going to try to plan a trip to get down there next year after this ride opens. Don't get me wrong we have great parks in my area that everyone would love to have but at the same time I'd absolutely love to have a local RMC. You guys should be thrilled with this!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby josephcissell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:08 am

boldikus wrote:
WOFanatic wrote:-The fact that Over Georgia now has one of the best coaster collections in the world.

They really do. I hoped so hard for this conversion after visiting (and hoped they'd go with blue rails even, pretty sure I posted that here forever ago!) But yeah this parks lineup is absolutely fu*king stacked.

RMC Cylone
a really good B&M hyper
a really really good, classic custom Schwarzkopf multi-looper,
the BEST Superman clone
a good Batman clone
the best B&M standup
a classic, really good out-and-back woodie
a really great 3-lift mine train
a really great unique drop tower
a really great classic dark ride
a really great modern dark ride
a refurbished classic Vekoma (yeah Im reaching with this)
a Skyscreamer
a great Gotham city
etc etc etc

I love this park so much.

It’s easy for me to forget how much we really have because I visit this park 8-10 times a season usually. But when you put it like that, we do have a lot going for us! Not to mention some charm that just isn’t matched by many of the other corporate parks.

A little surprised that I didn’t see anything announced for White Water. Did I miss something?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby SLCHeadache » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 am

The reverse cobra roll looks amazing. You get a barrel roll drop without losing a regular first drop. The automotive-themed trains make sense. Texas Giant and Georgia Cyclone both opened in 1990, and now their RMC reincarnations are siblings again.

Re: ride time, In addition to the drop-to-brake time, there's also the pre-lift. Shouldn't feel too short.

Already planning my return in 2018. Taking an extra day off to ensure Amtrak delays don't cut my trip short again.
Last edited by SLCHeadache on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:32 am.
Top steel: Intimidator 305 / Fury 325 / Twisted Colossus / Storm Runner / Tatsu
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Ape » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 am

I enjoy that blue track. As with all RMC the ride looks fun. May have to visit the relatives and get a ride in.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:43 am

larrygator wrote:A shorter ride means the line will move faster. I can't believe someone has a complaint about an RMC conversion of a coaster that has seen its day.

A shorter ride definitely means a higher theoretical capacity but it all depends on how fast those trains can be loaded. I'd still expect the same throughput as any of the other RMCs that run 2 trains.

And my god, this ride just adds to all ridiculous amount of RMCs opening for next year! 2018 is going to be a great year for coasters!
Visual scan.... All Clear.. ALL CLEAR MEANS YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF HERE! ENJOY YOUR RIDE ON EL TORO! OLE!!

Former Supervisor of El Toro (2016-early 2017)
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab)

Toro Riders:
2016: 1,258,387 riders
2017: 1,000,000 riders and counting

Credit Count: 255

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:44 am

After riding Goliath out at Great America this summer, I have to say even a "short" RMC is still a friggin' awesome RMC. This POV looks like the ride will not disappoint in the slightest. I hope I can finally make it down to Georgia next season, I've been kicking myself that I haven't yet gotten down there.
That coaster dad [264] and that coaster kiddo [152].
Dad's faves: Fury 325 / Intimidator 305 / El Toro / Phantom's Revenge / Skyrush.
Kiddo's faves: Lightning Rod / Goliath (SFGAm) / Wicked Cyclone / Millennium Force / Gale Force.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:54 am

I guess you could complain that it's on the short side but honestly it's only like 500 feet shorter than Storm Chaser which I've heard people completely rave about so I'm guessing this thing will be action packed start to finish, and a huge hit.

I'm looking forward to getting back to this park, it's been a few years since they haven't really built anything new that interested me but this and Justice League make it worth the trip.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby emarkd » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:58 am

Yeah this looks awesome! I think if the final ride is anything like the render then its going to be amazing and they did an awesome job shoehorning a lot of action and elements into a small space. Can't wait!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:02 am

Holy. Awesomeness!!!

Love the look, and layout of this coasters. The "Reverse Cobra Roll" right after the first drop looks awesome!! And the trains... :lover:

Can't wait to ride this thing next year!! :br

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:04 am

Congratulations guys!! As someone who lives right down the road from SFOT and NTAG, I can tell you this will be amazing! Your in for a treat!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!