Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:06 am

I hate being a complainer...but I absolutely loved Georgia Cyclone, and I'm sad to be losing it to this half-a-coaster.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby namurt28 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 am

DBru wrote:I hate being a complainer...but I absolutely loved Georgia Cyclone, and I'm sad to be losing it to this half-a-coaster.

Amen, it's like they pressed "auto complete."
Count - 260

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:11 am

lucasdavidgray wrote:It looks fun, and I’m excited...but I can’t believe they made it so short. There’s going to be such long lines for such a short fide. Still looks fun, though.

A shorter ride means the line will move faster. I can't believe someone has a complaint about an RMC conversion of a coaster that has seen its day.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lucasdavidgray » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:15 am

larrygator wrote:
lucasdavidgray wrote:It looks fun, and I’m excited...but I can’t believe they made it so short. There’s going to be such long lines for such a short fide. Still looks fun, though.

A shorter ride means the line will move faster. I can't believe someone has a complaint about an RMC conversion of a coaster that has seen its day.

The line won’t literally be longer, but it is going to feel long when the ride is so short. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not mad or angry at Six Flags. I’m still really excited, it just caught me off guard how much of the ride they’re getting rid of.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:18 am

larrygator wrote:

:nina:

Seriously! I mean, the ride doesn't look like Steel Vengeance in length, or even Wicked Cyclone, but it looks really fun, and will be a great addition to SFoG! Can't wait to ride it, myself!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:18 am

Larry, I understand where you're coming from, but in my opinion, Cylcone hadn't "seen it's day." While it could be rough and aggressive, I saw the Georgia Cyclone as a semi-modern wooden coaster with an incredibly fun, surprisingly-long layout full of unexpected, super thrilling moments. It was certainly no Mean Streak.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:24 am

DBru wrote:Larry, I understand where you're coming from, but in my opinion, Cylcone hadn't "seen it's day." While it could be rough and aggressive, I saw the Georgia Cyclone as a semi-modern wooden coaster with an incredibly fun, surprisingly-long layout full of unexpected, super thrilling moments. It was certainly no Mean Streak.

If you rode it 20 years ago when it wasn't nearly as rough you would probably feel differently. I just can't believe how many of the first people to comment have not been fully appreciative.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:26 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:37 am

Couple of observations from the renderings.
I love the blue track. Great color choice considering the original also had blue track.
The trains look sick as well, although why they are themed to cars I have no idea LOL. Seems kinda random.
The unpainted wood makes me think that a LOT of the original structure might have to come down and be rebuilt, which makes sense because a lot of the wood did look pretty bad. Perhaps the park just doesn't want to paint the new lumber and just pressure wash all the paint off the old structure. I don't know, but whatever. I'm a details guy I can't help myself.

While I'll miss the length of the original ride, I think Twisted Cyclone's layout will grow on me. Shorter coasters like this lend themselves to a lot of re-riding, which is never a bad thing. This looks like it would be a fun ride to marathon on a light day. It's sad to me that Six Flags never bothered to keep Georgia Cyclone in really good condition, BUT it's good to see the park finally do something with it. I mean you really can't go wrong with RMC.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: Ether Houston across from the Astrodome or at SFSTL riding the Screamin' Eagle

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:50 am

I love the track colors and the train design! :lover:
Coaster Count: 96
1990's: "ugh. I hope we don't get a Vekoma"
2010: "I really hope we get a Vekoma!"

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:10 am

Yes! Yes! Yes!

But yeah this looks rather short.

Also shout out to everyone that seriously thought this was a freespin or waterpark addition lol even though the evidence was there all along.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!