Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby SFOGchick » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 pm

I just visited SFOG yesterday. Here are a few pics. Seems as if some tracking has been removed. Still hoping for RMC on the (former) Cyclone!
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4604.JPG
IMG_4605.JPG
IMG_4606.JPG
IMG_4607.JPG
IMG_4608.JPG
IMG_4603.JPG

I Love Donkeys!

Postby voyage_thrills » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:17 pm

The final teaser has just been released. It looks like they may be putting the emphasis on JLBFM because it was a "dark" video with the occasional scene of the previous trailer. They could be totally throwing us off because I know that it's an RMC coming especially since only track has come off and they are lowering some supports for a pre lift section. The ride wouldn't have track removed from the coaster if it was getting torn down. The areas I noticed the track off were the pre section before the lifthill, the station, and the turnaround before the last section and the turn around that led into the crazy 4th drop. And correct me if I'm wrong that they were also removing track from the brake run?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BoulderDash » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:25 pm

This is 100% RMC. They are carefully removing track and that is all you need to confirm it.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby voyage_thrills » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:27 pm

BoulderDash wrote:This is 100% RMC. They are carefully removing track and that is all you need to confirm it.

I completely agree. Recent wooden roller coaster torn down like Thunder Road, Ozark Wildcat, and Rolling Thunder never had any track removed prior to being torn down.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby voyage_thrills » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:40 pm

They're either just using that other truck to throw us off or because RMC doesn't have enough trucks since they have too many projects already this year. Eventually we'll probably see one pop up.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby 01ranger » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:00 pm

It could be that it's just cheaper to rent a Crain then send one all the way from Idaho.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby voyage_thrills » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:35 pm

01ranger wrote:It could be that it's just cheaper to rent a Crain then send one all the way from Idaho.

Not only that, they have 7 projects this year and they may not have enough trucks to work at all 7 projects. I think that we may see one eventually though once they get done with mean streak or hurler or something.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm

I think that as a construction company, RMC will likely be competent enough to acquire the necessary equipment to construct all the things they have contracts for.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Or they could be removing a few pieces of track for the rollercoaster Museum like they did with the wooden coaster from astroworld.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I Love Donkeys!

Postby voyage_thrills » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:57 pm

thrillrider wrote:Or they could be removing a few pieces of track for the rollercoaster Museum like they did with the wooden coaster from astroworld.

lol I thought u were joking for some reason. Strongly doubt that because they took quite a bit more track off then that. All the track in the station, brake run, final turn, some of the turnarounds, and some airtime hills were gone.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!