Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 159
Joined: 17 Apr 2017
Location: Somewhere in the world
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby fiestatexasfan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 am

I think we are getting another clue today. We've been getting one every Thursday.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler
Last park visited- Six Flags Fiesta Texas (7-18-17)
-Last roller coaster ridden- Roadrunner Express (7-18-17)
-Last flat ride ridden- Spinsanity (7-18-17)
-Last water park ride ridden- Thunder rapids (7-18-17)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby jynx242 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:23 am

Looking at those pictures, it is just sad how run-down Cyclone got as it aged.

I'd have been perfectly happy with topper track and paint, but I'm hopeful that whatever comes in to replace / renew it will be great.
Image

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Aug 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Victory1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:11 am

Hey guys. I'm brand new on her so please be patient. I live on the Space Coast of Florida and have only visited SFOG twice in 44 years. I have been to Great Adventure many many times though. As much as i was hoping they would RMC the Cyclone, I think it may not happen. I might be reading to much into these commercials, but I've noticed a couple of hints with these teasers just like the rest of you, but didn't know if anybody dug a little deeper. First commercial; notice how the person is putting up the signs. When holding the wood for drilling, his 4 fingers are spaced very far apart. Not normally the way one would hold a piece of wood when doing this. Also, there are four signs, clips, etc. Next commercial; shows the spinners on the table. Bobble heads are Batman, Harley Quinn and the Joker. Now, there are already 4D spinners named Batman and the Joker. Also, in Great Adventure, you have Harley Quinn Spinsanity. As much as I hate to say it, I think a 4D spinner may be taking the place of Georgia Cyclone. Maybe the markers that have been painted on Cyclone are the only ones that need to be kept to build the new ride. Just my thoughts. I really hope I'm wrong. I was really looking forward to an RMC Cyclone at SFOG. Best wishes all.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Location: Conyers, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby PatrickFHam » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:29 am

Honesty-time:
S:UF's manually locking OTSR gives me pause. :-/ I'm sure it's the second of third redundant safety system, but still. Anybody have an angle on that?

Donkey eat mullet pump.
User avatar
 
Posts: 440
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Location: Florida
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Victory1 wrote:Hey guys. I'm brand new on her so please be patient. I live on the Space Coast of Florida and have only visited SFOG twice in 44 years. I have been to Great Adventure many many times though. As much as i was hoping they would RMC the Cyclone, I think it may not happen. I might be reading to much into these commercials, but I've noticed a couple of hints with these teasers just like the rest of you, but didn't know if anybody dug a little deeper. First commercial; notice how the person is putting up the signs. When holding the wood for drilling, his 4 fingers are spaced very far apart. Not normally the way one would hold a piece of wood when doing this. Also, there are four signs, clips, etc. Next commercial; shows the spinners on the table. Bobble heads are Batman, Harley Quinn and the Joker. Now, there are already 4D spinners named Batman and the Joker. Also, in Great Adventure, you have Harley Quinn Spinsanity. As much as I hate to say it, I think a 4D spinner may be taking the place of Georgia Cyclone. Maybe the markers that have been painted on Cyclone are the only ones that need to be kept to build the new ride. Just my thoughts. I really hope I'm wrong. I was really looking forward to an RMC Cyclone at SFOG. Best wishes all.


If they were going to demolish Georgia Cyclone, they would/could have already started. School has been back in session since the beginning of August and the park has been weekend only operation since. Those teaser videos pretty much have shows what' been added the past several years. I'm pretty confident there will be {RMC GC] next year. Announcement is Thursday so we'll see.
Current Coaster Count: 85
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 05 Feb 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby voyage_thrills » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:20 pm

I'm going to the park tomorrow, and I will see the story on Cyclone. Based on the pictures, it looks like an RMC conversion at this point but I have yet to see the construction happening in person. I'm confident in my response that it is an RMC especially considering the fact it's not torn down and it looks like they're not tearing it down anytime soon. Hopefully I can report back with some good news from SFOG.

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 05 Feb 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby voyage_thrills » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:27 am

I want to the park today and all I can say is RMC confirmed. Everything is running extremely well today. There were at most station wait at every ride except JLBFM. GASM was running especially well today and I marathoned it 5 times without getting off. Similar story on Goliath with staying in the station and riding a total of 7 times without leaving the station. There is no question Cyclone is getting RMC'd.
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_2563.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2567.JPG
IMG_2568.JPG

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.
 
Posts: 1371
Joined: 06 Nov 2005
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby SFOGdude25 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:31 am

:b Can't wait to see the layout Thursday!

Online
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby JT325 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:26 pm

jynx242 wrote:I'd have been perfectly happy with topper track and paint, but I'm hopeful that whatever comes in to replace / renew it will be great.


Yes! Me too! Even topper track and a good sandblasting. Oh well...
Check out this commercial from 1990 (my first year there!). A Cyclone with unpainted track and Mind Bender's yellow train (they had 3: red, yellow and orange if you remember!)

#CPFrontierLift2019

token black guy
User avatar
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: Columbia, S.C.
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:59 pm

JT325 wrote:
jynx242 wrote:I'd have been perfectly happy with topper track and paint, but I'm hopeful that whatever comes in to replace / renew it will be great.


Yes! Me too! Even topper track and a good sandblasting. Oh well...
Check out this commercial from 1990 (my first year there!). A Cyclone with unpainted track and Mind Bender's yellow train (they had 3: red, yellow and orange if you remember!)


I think its the lighting but cyclone was always painted white.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron