TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

hmm. . you're at an amusement park, why would you need to text?

As someone who works basically 24/7, even while on vacation, and a LOT of my work is done via text messaging... I ALWAYS find myself stuck having to text (and email) while at parks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

that's why I said to each their own.

For me tho? I basically work 24/7 too. .but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation (I don't check email, or respond to any calls).

(and not that it was necessarily directed at me, but when I refer to Fiesta Tx as my "local" park, it's still about 1 1/2 hours away. . so only go about once a month. (still don't talk on phone or text while in the park, but then again, I don't film concerts either (I take a few pics then put the phone away to enjoy the live show)). . to each their own.

I get that, but why do they need to be sent from the park? Can't you film the video and just post it when you get home?

or send the pictures later?

Live streaming is what I'm trying to accomplish... I have plenty of videos that I'm in the process of putting together but you need a reliable signal to stream live.

Anywhoo... I came out to the park today. I arrived right at 11:30 so that I could get my Nacho's for lunch before the long line inside of Macho Nacho's formed. It started raining around 3ish and it rained for a couple of hours. Good thing too because the park cleared out.

Batman and Joker was closed all day. I was able to get 3 rides on Thunder River without leaving my seat. I could have got a 4th but I had to take a potty break. Lol. I even took a journey through the Monster Mansion because there was no line.

They had an ERT after the park closed so I was able to get 2 more laps on Twisted Cyclone in the back row after dark. I also rode Acrophobia two more times after dark as well. The Scorcher was also a part of the ERT but I had already ridden it twice earlier so it wasn't a must re-ride for me.

-Ride Count-

Twisted Cyclone - 4x

Acrophobia - 4x

Scorcher - 2x

Scream Machine - 2x

Superman - 1x

Mind Bender - 5x

Goliath - 4x

Thunder River - 3x

Monster Mansion - 1x

A few tidbits from today's visit:

The small construction area near Goliath is still a mud pit. Although there could be enough room there for a small flat ride, I have to wonder if they are planning a Diamond VIP lounge there, similar to the one I saw at Fiesta. -OR- another dining option would be welcome too. The temporary ride entrance goes right through what used to be a small snack stand. The fluffy bunnies have been relocated there as well.

There is a summer show in the Crystal Pistol! Titled "Rhythm & Grooves", we did not even know about this show until late in the day so we will definitely check it out next visit.

Could Splashwater Falls be on the way out? This ride has been SBNO for months now. On this visit we observed the water cannon stations on the bridge have been removed. The ride just looks dirty and very un-maintained. If this theory is correct, perhaps this would be a good spot for a Giant Discovery (pendulum), and it could be DC themed too since it is between the DC Super Friends area and Metropolis. There is more than enough room there.

Twisted Cyclone has received more theming pieces. There are three new small signs on the lift hill and several boat 'wrecks' have been added to the area. I still cannot get over how amazing this ride is.

The TEXAS Locomotive was in service today. From the looks of things, this was the engine that caught fire awhile back. There were charred areas on the smoke stack plus a small tarp covering something on it, but the engine was in service.

It is nice to see the park investing in all these small projects and sprucing things up a bit.

^We got ALOT of rain yesterday and I got stuck out there in it - yes I went to the park 2 days in a row. Lmao So I'm sure that's why there was so much mud. I doubt they we're able to do any construction today because of yesterday's monsoon like weather.

I was told by a team member that Splash Waterfalls is indeed on it's way out. She didn't give me any details as to what they're putting there but it's definitely getting removed sometime soon. Chances are good that the 2019 addition will be placed there. We just have to wait till August to find out what that is.

I was also told that the park will be using the rear area of the parking lot to expand. This excited me because the old Deja Vu area is down near there... Could we possibly be seeing a decent sized coaster addition down there soon? I sure hope so!

I forgot to mention in my last Trip Report that Mist Fans have been installed in all four corners of Twisted Cyclones queue as well as inside the station. They weren't plugged up yet but they are there! So heat relief is on the way folks!

A lot of interesting stuff happening at SFOG for the unknown upcoming 2019 attraction. (please be a flat ride) A lot of mystery over by Splashwater Falls, this ride hasn't been in operation for a while now leaving it to wonder if this is the next ride to go? It could also be possible that SFOG could expand toward the parking lot near the Deja Vu area behind Gotham because that area is "NEVER" used. (except for trolleys) And for that construction by the Goliath queue area, i'm thinking possibly a restaurant or maybe they are just renovating that area. Heck, maybe SFOG will surprise us all with a HH expansion. Oh well, we will find out soon enough in August.

That Splashwater Falls rumor I feel like has been around for a while now. I remember it seeming kinda run down when I visited a few years ago.

I know these are obvious Six Flags choices but I could see a giant frisbee or free spin going there... themed to Wonder Woman like SFM? since SFOG has like 9 Joker themed rides already? Either would be awesome for this park.

I know this is random but do any rides at SFOG have station music? I know this isn't an important concept to talk about but it is just around curiosity. (Goliath has station music, sprite soda commercial ads)

I know this is random but do any rides at SFOG have station music? I know this isn't an important concept to talk about but it is just around curiosity. (Goliath has station music, sprite soda commercial ads)

Batman The Ride has music from the Dark Knight movies playing in the station and queue but I liked the old Danny Elfman music better (they played the old music back in the day when I worked at the park). The Twisted Cyclone area plays old classics that fit the theme of the area but that's about it. The Metropolis Park area (home of Superman and Justice League BFM) also plays Superman themed music including the original score.

The world needs less of these unthemed splash boat rides so I'm on board.

They're basically just impostor log flumes that get you wet like a rapids ride. Basically the worst kind of dry park water ride imaginable unless they have noteworthy theming or a double down or something

They're basically just impostor log flumes that get you wet like a rapids ride. Basically the worst kind of dry park water ride imaginable unless they have noteworthy theming or a double down or something

Not to mention they take up quite a bit of space with their splash pools and everything. I think removing Perilous Plunge was one of the best decision Knott's ever made. Unless they're water coasters (like at SeaWorld) or highly themed (BGW), I've never cared for the rides.

In all actuality, pretty much every water ride at every amusement park has absolutely disgusting water lol! I enjoy them, but man it is filthy lol!

Edited by Vonni

I would have been OK with an Aquaman re-theming much like SFoT did years ago. They re-themed their "Splash Down Simulator" to "Aquaman" and the result was quite striking. The ride water is very clean, crystal clear too. The caveat though is the ride is across from their Justice League: BFM, which does not allow any wet riders on.

But...barring such a transformation at SFoG, I would not mind seeing this ride go away to make way for (hopefully) a Giant Discovery. Another observation I failed to mention in my earlier report: I noticed piping being installed from the hill where the Splashwater Falls pump area is located down the hill to near the body of water at the wheelhouse. Could this mean they are draining and capping off the water supply to this ride?

Batman The Ride has music from the Dark Knight movies playing in the station and queue but I liked the old Danny Elfman music better (they played the old music back in the day when I worked at the park). The Twisted Cyclone area plays old classics that fit the theme of the area but that's about it. The Metropolis Park area (home of Superman and Justice League BFM) also plays Superman themed music including the original score.

The Goliath queue used to play old science fiction TV theme music when it first opened in 2006. This was keeping in line with the retro USA theming in the area. Typically, new rides have a special theme to their queue music but after a few seasons, they play standard park music, if any at all. Hurricane Harbor played beachy summer music their first couple of seasons. Now it is simply hot AC/rhythmic tunes. I suspect the same thing will happen around Twisted Cyclone in a season or two.

Shout-outs to the guys whom I rode Twisted Cyclone with this AM (6/27/18) in the last car, I'm the guy in the glasses with spiky blond hair & I think I heard you mention Theme Park Review!

Twisted Cyclone was amazing, this was my 6th time riding it and today I finally got a seat in the first car. I still prefer the back due to the first drop factor, but the front had some amazing ejector air on the wave turn and the turnaround drops which seemed somewhat stronger than the back. I don't think there's a bad seat on this ride.

As far as the new construction zone near Goliath, I don't have any photos but they were bulldozing & chopping out old infrastructure today, including a ton of old cement & old piping/drainage. My guess/speculation based on the amount of space would be getting a Zamperla Disk-O since that's been a recent thing with Six Flags St. Louis.

The fans in the Twisted Cyclone queue and station are now in action and they definitely make a difference.

Goliath's new exit path (around the construction) is now complete and being used.

Batman and Joker has been closed for about a week now and Mind Bender was closed earlier when I went down there. Gotham City is basically a dead zone with the exception of the Crime Wave and the tilt a whirl.

It just started raining so the park closed most of the rides down but I'm going to stick it out because I know everything will be walk-on's when they open back up.

^ I heard someone say that it was for a new haunted house/maze for Fright Fest, I think it was Screamscape, but I'm not sure..

I chatted with the Goliath post-ride photo attendants, and they seem to believe the construction will be for a Fright Fest attraction.

The TEXAS Locomotive was in service today. From the looks of things, this was the engine that caught fire awhile back. There were charred areas on the smoke stack plus a small tarp covering something on it, but the engine was in service.

I believe it was the “General” locomotive that caught fire. The “Texas” was running today as well and while riding it, I noticed that the other engine was covered in tarp over in the railroad maintenance area. Judging by one of the videos posted of the fire, I remember seeing “General” printed on the side of the locomotive.

Shout-outs to the guys whom I rode Twisted Cyclone with this AM (6/27/18) in the last car, I'm the guy in the glasses with spiky blond hair & I think I heard you mention Theme Park Review!

who? these freaks?

cycloneDnJ.thumb.jpg.5ead522883cebb03a29e178312829e2f.jpg