TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Goliath's new entrance is open. Another section of queue has been removed....hmmm. Still wonder what they are putting there....hmmm. Why is the Joker Chaos coaster not running or have a train on it....hmmm. Interested to see whats going to happen here...restaurant or new flat ride. Could honestly use both in this area.

I am curious about the Joker Chaos Coaster...it just opened in 2015 so why do you think we'd be getting something in its place? It is possible that it simply needs maintenance...

Just a few details from my visit today. It was the first time I visited on a Saturday in YEARS and the main reason I went was to ride Twisted Cyclone after dark. All I'm gonna say is WOW!

The back row is definitely where it's at. That first drop took my breath away, and that drop before the zero g-roll was bananas! I'm just amazed at RMC. They really showed up and showed out with Twisted Cyclone!!!

Superman and Dare Devil Dive had lines that I refused to wait in so I passed them by. I didn't even pass by the Scorchers entrance today so I'm not sure what that line was looking like.

Riding Thunder River was probably the only mistake I made today. My shoes and feet are still soaked. I'm convinced that the people in the Coke Freestyle shed had it out for me. Every shot from one of those water cannons hit me directly. Although I barely missed the waterfall after the tunnel, those rapids still got me. It was still a fun journey though. Thunder River will always hold a place in my heart just like GASM.

Speaking of GASM, I see why they added that trim after the last turn headed into the brake run. I'm not sure if anyone had noticed but the old Cyclone trains are running through the course much faster than the 3 bench trains did. I confirmed this even before getting on because the son-alert used to go off when the train was traveling through the 180° turn. Tonight it went off and 2 seconds later the train was making that final turn. I rode in the front row for the sake of my head and my back and I was completely caught off guard by how fast the train was moving. I'm glad that the air-time is still noticeable with the Cyclone trains, but I liked the old trains better.

Overall, my solo visit was quite enjoyable. I got 9 rides in with only being in the park for 7 hours. And that's including a few smoke breaks, and eating lunch, a snack, and Macho Nacho's for dinner. I rode all of the rides I wanted to ride and even got night rides on Batman and Twisted Cyclone. Not bad for a Saturday IMO.

-Ride Count-

Goliath - 1x

Acrophobia - 1x

Mind Bender - 1x

Batman - 2x

Twisted Cyclone - 2x

Thunder River - 1x

GASM - 1x

Goliath's new entrance is open. Another section of queue has been removed....hmmm. Still wonder what they are putting there....hmmm. Why is the Joker Chaos coaster not running or have a train on it....hmmm. Interested to see whats going to happen here...restaurant or new flat ride. Could honestly use both in this area.

I am curious about the Joker Chaos Coaster...it just opened in 2015 so why do you think we'd be getting something in its place? It is possible that it simply needs maintenance...

Joker Chaos was running today (6/10/18). Fun as ever!

Edit: Splashwater Falls is still down with a sign out front blocking the entrance.

Probably a dumb question but does SFOG have all day lockers? If so where and how much are they? Are they large enough to fit a medium sized backpack stuffed with clothes needed for 3-4 days? TIA!

Probably a dumb question but does SFOG have all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? If so where and how much are they? Are they large enough to fit a medium sized backpack stuffed with clothes needed for 3-4 days? TIA!

They do! I don't remember the exact cost but there is a set at the top of the hill between Monster Mansion and the ice cream place. I used it a few weeks ago. I will defer to others for cost, size, etc.

good TR, and I'm looking forwards to going to this park for the 1st time in a couple of months!

Bert - let me know when you are going. I'd love to meet you guys at the park for lunch or something.

David

Probably a dumb question but does SFOG have all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? If so where and how much are they? Are they large enough to fit a medium sized backpack stuffed with clothes needed for 3-4 days? TIA!

As disneymoc said, there is a set of all day bunnies near Monster Mansion. There is also another set near the park entrance. If you walk like you're heading toward the Scorcher bear left before going up the hill. They are located right next to the Guest Relations/Membership Services building. If I'm not mistaken the price is $12 for a regular size and $15 for a larger locker. They look pretty big so I'm sure a bag should fit.

OAN - I'm just leaving the park. It was a hot day out and it was pretty crowded (which is expected for a Friday). A thunder storm (no rain though) rolled in around 6 which caused them to shut all the rides down. This worked in my favor as the crowds started to clear out.

I was able to get back to back rides on Batman but we got stuck in the brake run right after my second lap. I also got stuck in the brake run at Twisted Cyclone and I was literally cooking in that direct sunlight.

Other than that, it was a pretty good day. I walked through Gotham and saw that the Joker was still missing its train, but when I went back to ride Mind Bender they had put the train back on and maintenance was doing some work on the platform.

-Ride Count-

Scorcher - 1

Twisted Cyclone - 3

Acrophobia - 1

Goliath - 2

Batman - 2

Mind Bender - 2

Scream Machine - 1

Thunder River - 1

Dare Devil Dive - 1

IMG_20180615_204320.thumb.jpg.d1670f50df7d1146c90a9e12ea321695.jpg

Joker's train has returned!

Yeah the Joker Chaos Coaster was running yesterday. And they were getting crazy with it too. They left it hanging upside down for a good 20 seconds once. No way I'm gonna ride that thing again. Just not a fan of Larson Loopers. On another note...Operations at SFOG just suck. They were letting people in the park yesterday without making people empty their pockets, they were just waving them through. Anybody could have had a gun and they wouldn't even of cared. It was a madhouse. However, my family still had a good day. We avoided the waterpark like a plague because that's where everybody was. The rides had pretty short lines except for TC of course. The operations on that coaster need to get better. They were having an issue with the red train yesterday. Apparently they had to glue a headrest on it or something. It was down in the morning but started running around noon. We got the last ride of the night last night or next to the last ride. The last ride actually went to a couple that had the whole train to themselves and rode the back row. I would have loved to been that couple...Having a new coaster to yourself...How awesome! What's not awesome however is they had to do an emergency stop last night after the park officially closed because some asshole ran out under TC to grab his phone that he dropped. A teenager employee actually ran him down and then security came...I guess he's lucky he didn't get killed...Cause it's happened before at SFOG with Batman. Anyways, it shut the ride down for about half an hour. The park closed at 9pm but the last ride didn't happen until 10:30pm. What a dumbass!

^I was also at the park yesterday and was in line when the idiot decided to jump the fence and enter the track area, causing an E-Stop. I would have made the 2nd to last train but instead I was on the one before that. Back row, by myself because one of the seats was acting strange causing a couple to wait on the next train. I was EXTRA jealous of the father and daughter who got the last train to themselves. Lol

Did you happen to be around the Sky Screamer when someone decided to drop one dollar bills while up at the top? I was in line trying to get my funnel cake and all I heard was screaming. I turn around and see everyone looking up. I look up, and theres about $50 worth of one dollar bills floating in the sky. Its amazing how people go crazy when free money is involved. I saw a little boy get knocked over by a grown a$$ lady. SMH

The security issue while entering the park definitely raised an eyebrow. I noticed that Six Flags had brought in a 3rd party to assist with the crowds at the entrance gates. I know why it was done but they should have definitely had them checking bags.

^I was also at the park yesterday and was in line when the idiot decided to jump the fence and enter the track area, causing an E-Stop. I would have made the 2nd to last train but instead I was on the one before that. Back row, by myself because one of the seats was acting strange causing a couple to wait on the next train. I was EXTRA jealous of the father and daughter who got the last train to themselves. Lol

Did you happen to be around the Sky Screamer when someone decided to drop one dollar bills while up at the top? I was in line trying to get my funnel cake and all I heard was screaming. I turn around and see everyone looking up. I look up, and theres about $50 worth of one dollar bills floating in the sky. Its amazing how people go crazy when free money is involved. I saw a little boy get knocked over by a grown a$$ lady. SMH

The security issue while entering the park definitely raised an eyebrow. I noticed that Six Flags had brought in a 3rd party to assist with the crowds at the entrance gates. I know why it was done but they should have definitely had them checking bags.

My wife and I were the ones who had to wait for the next train. Seat 23, left back row on the black train wasn't working. We tried swapping seats but it just wouldn't work. We ended up riding the red train on the back. The next to last row on the red train was roped off and that's how that last 2 people got a ride by themselves. Both trains are having issues, I guess maintenance is just doing patch jobs on them.

As for skyscreamer incident, I missed that...We were over in that area around 1pm and rode skyscreamer then. It's sad how people act, but I guess it's pretty common on bring a friend free day.

Edited by The Geek Mojo

I can't put into words how much this story delights me. Because either

A. Some assh*le didn't secure their stash of ones and lost them up top of the Sky Screamer, which is just perfect and hilarious and probably looked amazing

or B. some teenage assh*le was all "imma make it rain from tha toppa tha Sky Screamer yo!" and was actually willing to waste money to impress his girl/friends/etc

Either way I'm literally willing to knock over a little boy to see footage of this.

One more little rant about SFOG but I'm sure it's common at all Six Flags and that is customer comfort. I can not believe they didn't install any fans or just one fan inside the Twisted Cyclone queue area. There is absolutely no air flow inside that building. It's almost near torture. But that being said, there is nothing worse than Batman's loading area. I do love SFOG...but not so much on 90 degree days.

My wife and I were the ones who had to wait for the next train. Seat 23, left back row on the black train wasn't working. We tried swapping seats but it just wouldn't work. We ended up riding the red train on the back. The next to last row on the red train was roped off and that's how that last 2 people got a ride by themselves. Both trains are having issues, I guess maintenance is just doing patch jobs on them.

I was actually the one that swapped with you two! Haha! It was a good thing I was by myself. Lol. I was a little worried because I thought they were going to make me take an empty seat somewhere else on the train. Seat 23 (and you guys!) saved the day and allowed me to get a back row ride in to wrap up my night.

I'm hoping that the constant issues they are having are just a part of the ride settling itself in. I've noticed that most of the issues occur early in the day, and after a while it runs at a more reliable pace. I got stuck in the brake run, cooking in the Georgia sun when I rode early Friday afternoon. I know that Lightning Rod was a pain in the a$$ when it first opened, and we all know about Steel Vengeance's unfortunate 'bump'. I hope that overtime they get all the kinks worked out. Believe it or not, as a former employee at SFOG, I know that the crew members get more irritated than the guests during a brake down - mainly because it gets repetitive and frustrating to have to keep waiting on maintenance to come and get everything running again. And I used to hate having to make the 'technical difficulty' announcement and answer the 'whats wrong with it?' 'is it safe?' 'are we gonna die?' questions.

I can't put into words how much this story delights me. Because either

A. Some assh*le didn't secure their stash of ones and lost them up top of the Sky Screamer, which is just perfect and hilarious and probably looked amazing

or B. some teenage assh*le was all "imma make it rain from tha toppa tha Sky Screamer yo!" and was actually willing to waste money to impress his girl/friends/etc

Either way I'm literally willing to knock over a little boy to see footage of this.

Seeing that cash floating in the sky was absolutely hilarious! But the Lion King type stampede that ensued was quite sad, mainly because grown folks showed no regards to the young kids that had no clue what was going on. I tried to pull out my phone to record a quick video of the madness but by the time I got my camera open, the last few bills were floating towards the trees.

One more little rant about SFOG but I'm sure it's common at all Six Flags and that is customer comfort. I can not believe they didn't install any fans or just one fan inside the Twisted Cyclone queue area. There is absolutely no air flow inside that building. It's almost near torture. But that being said, there is nothing worse than Batman's loading area. I do love SFOG...but not so much on 90 degree days.

I don't think SFOG knew how hot it would get inside the TC queue house. I don't remember the queue house getting that hot when the Georgia Cyclone was running but now it's brutal in there during the daylight hours. I'm sure fans (possibly with mist) will be installed soon.

We used to call the Batcave (Batman's station) the oven back in the day. When Batman first opened they actually had air conditioning in the queue house and station. I'm guessing that when it went out, they decided to leave it alone. They also got lazy with the theming for the ride as well. There used to be a police car that hit the fire hydrant in the outdoor area outside of the warehouse. Mist sprayed from the sides as the train was returning to the station. There was chasing lights in the floor when it dropped, and it played an eerie-yet cool 'batman tune' as the train was dispatched to the lift hill. As a HUGE Batman fan, I really miss all of that.

at least in Fiesta Texas, they have fans on several rides (Superman and Poltergeist stations in particular can get really stuffy, but are very comfortable when they have all the fans on).

not sure how "new" the fans are, but for the past few visits, they've all been on.

I got to the park a little after 1pm and it was literally a dead zone. I don't think Twisted Cyclones queue ever passed the 1st row in the queue house. Joker was running but Superman was closed most of the day. I was in line for Goliath around 7:30 ish and finally saw a train going up the lift.

I got multiple rides on everything I wanted to ride with the exception of Thunder River, mainly because I never made my way back down there.

I also took a chance and rode the Scream Machine in the back row. To my surprise, the old Cyclone trains have made the back row a little more rideable than the 3 bench trains did. I was sure that I was going to throw my back out but I actually enjoyed my ride. I ended up riding it a second time just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I'm still in shock! Lol

For anyone reading this - If you have an off day during the week and want to actually enjoy a visit to the park, get out there! I'm thinking about going back tomorrow just to see how the crowds are.

-Ride Count-

Twisted Cyclone - 2

Acrophobia - 4

Goliath - 3

Mind Bender - 3

Batman - 4

Scorcher - 1

Scream Machine - 2

Thunder River - 1

Got four rides on Twisted Cyclone today. Man, RMC doesn't mess around.

I used a roller coaster tester app to see how strong the airtime was. Backseat had the strongest reading at about -2.2. Not sure how accurate the reading is but I believe it.

Got four rides on Twisted Cyclone today. Man, RMC doesn't mess around.

I used a roller coaster tester app to see how strong the airtime was. Backseat had the strongest reading at about -2.2. Not sure how accurate the reading is but I believe it.

That back row at night is insane... That's the only word I can think of to describe it. That dip before the zero-g roll though...

I have a question though... Does anyone else get sh!tty cell reception out there? I had T-Mobile, switched to Cricket (AT&T's towers supposedly) and now I'm tempted to switch to Boost. Something's gotta give.

I have a question though... Does anyone else get sh!tty cell reception out there? I had T-Mobile, switched to Cricket (AT&T's towers supposedly) and now I'm tempted to switch to Boost. Something's gotta give.

The cell service at the front of the park is horrible. I have AT&T and the service is better everywhere else but the front. I use the word BETTER as a stretch. I can barely get texts out everywhere else.

hmm. . you're at an amusement park, why would you need to text?

I guess it's my age . . but when I go to my local park, the only text I send is when I get there, and then when I'm leaving (to let the spouse know what time I'll be home). I'm at a park to have fun, not be on my phone

now get off of my lawn!

^Well i'm trying to start video blogging my park visits since I visit the park frequently. You'd be surprised by how many people are interested in amusement parks on YouTube. I want to live stream my experiences but I can't do that without reliable cell reception. It has nothing to do with texting.

^ & ^^

I get that, but why do they need to be sent from the park? Can't you film the video and just post it when you get home?

or send the pictures later?

to each their own. . . but to me? Having signal in a park is never gonna be high on my priority list, since I will just post the pics when I get home.

Edit: and it's great you bring the girls to Parks! get em hooked early, on the fun of an amusement park

I guess it's my age . . but when I go to my local park, the only text I send is when I get there, and then when I'm leaving (to let the spouse know what time I'll be home). I'm at a park to have fun, not be on my phone

now get off of my lawn!

How else will I be able to tell my friends which bar I'm at?

Also, wait times. Uber. Text the wifey what time I'll be home.

Instagram. Snapchat. Lots of things. Its 2018 and I need wifi, yo.

Cell service at SFOG is very spotty. Some places are 4G and some are edge or 2G. It's weird. I also have tmobile and it's not that great at SFOG. As for being on my phone at the park...I spend a lot of time taking pics and video. I usually post everything to instagram and facebook while I'm there or when I get home. Days or weeks later I will make a video for my youtube and twitter. It's been 4 weeks since I was at Cedar Point and I'm still making that video from everything I filmed. I try not to be on my phone at the parks too much, and it aggravates the family some that I am. But seeing how I'm not close to any parks, I don't get to visit very often so I get all I can while I'm there. For you folks who live next door to a park that can go every week, you're lucky.

As someone who works basically 24/7, even while on vacation, and a LOT of my work is done via text messaging... I ALWAYS find myself stuck having to text (and email) while at parks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯