TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Six Flag's Flash Pass system is also much more expensive at its highest level than Cedar Fair's. However, I'd honestly pay more if they just went with something as simple as Cedar Fair's Fast Lane Plus system and ditched their ride scheduling system. You would think it would also save Six Flags a little money.

Apparently Cedar Point is charging upwards of $150 for FL+ on holiday weekend, no?

The most I've seen Six Flags charge is $110 for platinum, and the system might as well be the same when you have platinum. You can reserve and be on the ride within a couple minutes if not sooner, so its essentially the same as CF's wristband/walk-right-up system.

And up until this year, SF offered double rides with Platinum, whereas CF has never done that at all to my knowledge.

Six Flag's Flash Pass system is also much more expensive at its highest level than Cedar Fair's. However, I'd honestly pay more if they just went with something as simple as Cedar Fair's Fast Lane Plus system and ditched their ride scheduling system. You would think it would also save Six Flags a little money.

Apparently Cedar Point is charging upwards of $150 for FL+ on holiday weekend, no?

The most I've seen Six Flags charge is $110 for platinum, and the system might as well be the same when you have platinum. You can reserve and be on the ride within a couple minutes if not sooner, so its essentially the same as CF's wristband/walk-right-up system.

And up until this year, SF offered double rides with Platinum, whereas CF has never done that at all to my knowledge.

I remember paying over $120 for Flash Pass Platnum (name?) at SfGam a couple years ago, which included one Goliath reservation. When we go to KI and other larger CF parks, but smaller than CP, we usually pay anywhere from $85-$100 for a weekend day FL+. I think CP was $120 on our last weekday visit. I'd rarely ever take advantage of the double rides with the Flash Pass, but it is a cool perk for those who choose to use it. I thought SF didn't do that any longer, though? I know at least at one point they weren't doing it.

Either way, my personal preference is the ease and simplicity of CF's version. I typically don't even factor cost into the equation.

Yeah, the double rides are gone. Plus, Cedar Fair would never say you only get one skip the line pass for a major attraction like Six Flags does. They let you ride all you want...Which is the way it should be imo. Also, I've been to a lot of Cedar Fair parks on holidays and have never paid $150. Not saying that it doesn't happen, it's just never happen to me. And I really don't have an issue with the reserve system...That's fine. My problem is when they only give you one skip the line time. In SFOG's case...They have three rides they do this with. But I am glad to see they are including all the rides on the regular pass now and not forcing you to buy the platinum. That's a plus!

Does anyone know if TC will be eligible for the one free skip the line pass for Platinum members? That way If you bought Flash Pass, you could theoretically skip the lines once, plus riding at park opening and park closing.

Most likely yes. Here at SFOT, skip the line passes can be used on any ride, even Texas Giant.

Does anyone know if TC will be eligible for the one free skip the line pass for Platinum members? That way If you bought Flash Pass, you could theoretically skip the lines once, plus riding at park opening and park closing.

Most likely yes. Here at SFOT, skip the line passes can be used on any ride, even Texas Giant.

Yeah, just checked and TC will be eligible for one free skip the line pass. I also just checked SFOT site too and you're right, there are no restrictions on the rides at SFOT. You can ride all you like there...I wish SFOG would get with that system.

I just got temporarily excited that I may have a chance to visit this park (just found out work is sending me to Atlanta for training in May, but checked the hours and the days I'll be in the area the park closes at 7 (and where I'll be doing training is on the other side of the city so it would take until almost 6 to get to the park).

Sad times. Maybe some other time in the eventual future.

If you've already got a season pass I say go for it. I would totally drive there every day all week and have 5 hours in the park total.

If I did I would probably go every night after training, I don't have the pass though, so I guess I will just have to wait till next time I'm in Atlanta

SFOG needs to do something with the Whistlestop/DejaVu area in the corner of Lickskillet soon. Ever since the playground from Whistlestop Park was transported to BB BoomTown, that area has been dormant since then and mother nature took over it with all the overgrown plant life. I have a prediction that the 2019 attraction will go in that "unused" area of SFOG. Now for the attraction, remember this is just a prediction but i'm thinking maybe a pendulum ride like the Riddler Revenge at SFOT and the Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth at SFDK will fit nicely in that area, and since it is in the western themed section of the park, give it a western theme. If a GIB could fit in that area than a pendulum could too. But anyways thats my prediction for the park's possible future attraction.

SFOG needs to do something with the Whistlestop/DejaVu area in the corner of Lickskillet soon. Ever since the playground from Whistlestop Park was transported to BB BoomTown, that area has been dormant since then and mother nature took over it with all the overgrown plant life. I have a prediction that the 2019 attraction will go in that "unused" area of SFOG. Now for the attraction, remember this is just a prediction but i'm thinking maybe a pendulum ride like the Riddler Revenge at SFOT and the Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth at SFDK will fit nicely in that area, and since it is in the western themed section of the park, give it a western theme. If a GIB could fit in that area than a pendulum could too. But anyways thats my prediction for the park's possible future attraction.

Good point! I was really hoping they save that spot for a 12th coaster and put the swinging pendulum somewhere different. Maybe they will finally tear down the axis arena and put a riddlers revenge there or use that spot for a new coaster!

Good point! I was really hoping they save that spot for a 12th coaster and put the swinging pendulum somewhere different. Maybe they will finally tear down the axis arena and put a riddlers revenge there or use that spot for a new coaster!

There's actually lots of room in the area behind the former Whistlestop and the current go-carts including a large section of parking lot which is never used except for trams. I agree a Giant Discovery (pendulum) would be a great fit in that area but it seems there's also room for a coaster someday. They won't tear down Axis arena. It is used not only for Fright Fest haunts but there are also cheerleading competitions and other events there.

I still think 2019 will be a Hurricane Harbor expansion, which is badly needed. (And watch them tease and cross-promote it with the Twisted Cyclone / new Coastal section!)

There's actually lots of room in the area behind the former Whistlestop and the current go-carts including a large section of parking lot which is never used except for trams. I agree a Giant Discovery (pendulum) would be a great fit in that area but it seems there's also room for a coaster someday. They won't tear down Axis arena. It is used not only for Fright Fest haunts but there are also cheerleading competitions and other events there.

I still think 2019 will be a Hurricane Harbor expansion, which is badly needed. (And watch them tease and cross-promote it with the Twisted Cyclone / new Coastal section!)

I also agree on your point that a Hurricane Harbor expansion is possible, I always wanted a lazy river at HH. And who knows maybe a premier rides Sky Rocket II will go in the Whistlestop/DejaVu area than a Giant Discovery. All in all, good point!

I always thought that would be a great location for a new Southern Star Amphitheater since they tore the other one down. Using the axis Arena for their music festivals is just embarrasing. I say tear down the Axis Arena and build new rides there in Gotham.

At least it doesn't seem as abundant as SF Magic Mountain. I recently watched a couple YouTube videos of several removed attractions where mother nature is taking over around the park. Although I think they're hidden enough to where you have to have a keen eye to identify these locations. It was pretty interesting.

Every time I go down into the Lickskillet area I get sad because I remember Deja Vu standing there next to the sky buckets. I still can't figure out why they would remove it after working so hard to get it running on a regular basis (Deja Vu ran DAILY in 2005, 2006, and 2007). If they put anything in that spot, I would hope that its a coaster with some type of launch. (thats really the only coaster type that SFOG is missing)

Considering how the only Intamin ride in the park is Acrophobia, it would be nice to see an Intamin launcher like Xcelerator (considering SFOG's 200 ft. height cap). Something with multiple trains and a few inversions would be a good fit for that area, especially if they take the time with the design like they did with Goliath.

Every time I go down into the Lickskillet area I get sad because I remember Deja Vu standing there next to the sky buckets. I still can't figure out why they would remove it after working so hard to get it running on a regular basis (Deja Vu ran DAILY in 2005, 2006, and 2007). If they put anything in that spot, I would hope that its a coaster with some type of launch. (thats really the only coaster type that SFOG is missing)

I kinda wish they gave Deja Vu a second chance considering the GIB (Goliath) at New England works like a charm. It's location was special since when you walked down to Lickskillet you see this green/blue coaster with two massive vertical towers. I always imagined what it was like if Deja Vu was still here today. And yes, I agree on your point. SFOG does need a launch coaster, the thing is location, maybe a Premier rides Sky Rocket II could go in the Whistlestop/Deja Vu area?

...SFOG does need a launch coaster, the thing is location, maybe a Premier rides Sky Rocket II could go in the Whistlestop/Deja Vu area?

OMG!! Yes please!! A Premier Sky Rocket II would be a GREAT fit for the park!!!

...SFOG does need a launch coaster, the thing is location, maybe a Premier rides Sky Rocket II could go in the Whistlestop/Deja Vu area?

OMG!! Yes please!! A Premier Sky Rocket II would be a GREAT fit for the park!!!

Yep! It is compact so I thought it would be a perfect addition considering the location it is in. But yet again, SFOG does need more flat rides so a Giant Discovery or a SkyWarp would be a great addition in that area too.

I kinda wish they gave Deja Vu a second chance considering the GIB (Goliath) at New England works like a charm. It's location was special since when you walked down to Lickskillet you see this green/blue coaster with two massive vertical towers. I always imagined what it was like if Deja Vu was still here today. And yes, I agree on your point. SFOG does need a launch coaster, the thing is location, maybe a Premier rides Sky Rocket II could go in the Whistlestop/Deja Vu area?

I never rode Deja Vu at SFoG, but I rode it several times during my trips to SFGam. The ride was intense and fun. Not only was it a great looking structure, but it had that intimidation factor as well. The backwards lift was by far my favorite park. Imagine how awesome it was to ride coasters like Deja Vu, Raging Bull, and Vertical Velocity (holding brake days), when I ventured out from SFSTL for the first time with some good friends. Those were the days...

As far as the launched coaster goes, you jerks are spoiled rotten... Everyone is drooling over Steel Vengeance. Meanwhile, I'd rather give the GA Cyclone a chance first, despite going to CP in mid May SFoG just got a fantastic addition. Although you will probably get another decent coaster before SFSTL does.

^The thing about SFOG's Vu was the placement. As SFOGchick stated, you were greeted by the green and blue towers as soon as you entered the Lickskillet area. Im not sure if you remember how tall they were, but man... I will never forget the first time I saw them. BEAUTIFUL! INTIMIDATING! MAJESTIC!!!

Maybe its the fact that I like the feeling of going backwards on a coaster, or maybe its the vertical lift (in either direction), or perhaps the chance of a mis-catch! , or maybe even getting stuck in the boomerang! (its possible!). But it was something about Vu. And it wasn't really rough, compared to its once red/now blue sister a few hundred feet away. /End GIB Fanboy Rant

And once upon a time we had Vu, SMUF, Goliath, Mind Bender,Scorcher, and Batman in one park.... NOW THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!

Dont get me wrong.... I am EXTREMELY excited about TwistedC!!!! I reached out to an old supervisor about Media Day but he hasn't responded. I would love to be there but I doubt it's gonna happen. I was one of the few people who actually liked the Georgia Cyclone - despite how it beat the breaks off of yo a**! LOL

I dont expect that we'll be getting a new coaster anytime soon, but I'm definitely not the only one who see's a launcher completing the lineup in the park. Maybe in a few more years... Maybe never... One can dream!

Imagine, just imagine if Vu was still here to this day with the new Twisted Cyclone, Blue Hawk, Dare Devil Dive, and Goliath. Oh and one last thing, did they sell any merchandise or shirts involving Déjà Vu at SFOG? Like Déjà Vu merchandise is what i'm saying. Just curious..

^I remember having a white Deja Vu T-Shirt. I have no idea what happened to it but I think my mom may still have hers stored in her attic. I'll ask her. LOL

Edit: I've seen that video on YT but I didn't like how the editing was cheap. And you could tell that the 2nd tower's ascend was pre-recorded and reversed by looking at Catcher-2.

^I remember having a white Deja Vu T-Shirt. I have no idea what happened to it but I think my mom may still have hers stored in her attic. I'll ask her. LOL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi7srXa4szaAhUMS60KHV8KDH8Qjhx6BAgAEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F112449321925803772%2F&psig=AOvVaw3IviqhgrkHkwVP0Jz01R5z&ust=1524448311314288

Is it something like this? If not then this is the only Deja Vu shirt I could find on the Internet. Not a very fancy shirt imo.