TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

My post here was speculating on the forces of Twisted Cyclone based off the B&Ms and RMCs that I have actually ridden, not some BS that I'm pulling out of my butt. Sure I have no idea what Twisted Cyclone will actually ride like, no one does, but I can get a pretty good idea based on how the other 9 RMCs that I've been on ride.

Fair enough, opinions of coasters are subjective and lots of people love things I don't and vice versa. But I still don't believe in judging a ride before I ride it. Based only on having ridden one RMC (Wicked Cyclone) as well as what everyone says about all the others, my prediction is this will have considerably more force than your average modern B&M. But that's just me.

My prevoius comment was a white flag. I'm going to mind my DANK businesses, with my DANK friends, in my DANK country. I have to ask. Do you know DANK is is complement for old people who know how to meme. You just got complemented! My biggest mistake on this thread, was assuming you guys don't know dank. I apologize for mistaking your old person DANK humor for insults. I'm going to continue to be DANK on this thread.DANKDANKDANKDANK

deargod.gif.0a5240d1c5c0388402d97e1e94da9c80.gif

My post here was speculating on the forces of Twisted Cyclone based off the B&Ms and RMCs that I have actually ridden, not some BS that I'm pulling out of my butt. Sure I have no idea what Twisted Cyclone will actually ride like, no one does, but I can get a pretty good idea based on how the other 9 RMCs that I've been on ride.

Fair enough, opinions of coasters are subjective and lots of people love things I don't and vice versa. But I still don't believe in judging a ride before I ride it. Based only on having ridden one RMC (Wicked Cyclone) as well as what everyone says about all the others, my prediction is this will have considerably more force than your average modern B&M. But that's just me.

My prevoius comment was a white flag. I'm going to mind my DANK businesses, with my DANK friends, in my DANK country. I have to ask. Do you know DANK is is complement for old people who know how to meme. You just got complemented! My biggest mistake on this thread, was assuming you guys don't know dank. I apologize for mistaking your old person DANK humor for insults. I'm going to continue to be DANK on this thread.DANKDANKDANKDANK

[attachment=0]deargod.gif[/attachment]

Welcome to Hell. We offer premium steak and cannibalism is legal. All you have to do to be accepted is commit murder. The lobby is downstairs. Thanks for visiting.

I still don't believe in judging a ride before I ride it.
this will have considerably more force than your average modern B&M.

Pick one.

You've ridden a bunch of B&Ms and most of the RMC's, right? What do you think? Do you think its easy to assume this won't be as forceful as your average modern B&M?

Pick one.

You've ridden a bunch of B&Ms and most of the RMC's, right? What do you think? Do you think its easy to assume this won't be as forceful as your average modern B&M?

I suppose that depends on what the consensus is on the definition of forceful/forceless/whatever catch-all terms enthusiasts use. And what forces certain enthusiasts value.

Are we talking about positive Gs? There's a few RMCs with strong positives, but I'd say B&Ms are typically stronger on average. I think B&M has consistently kept this heavy positives on old and new. Even Silver Bullet has a gray-out-inducing helix.

Are we talking about airtime? No one will ever argue that RMC doesn't have much stronger airtime than B&M nearly all the time.

Are we talking about intensity in pacing? When people say "modern B&Ms are forceless" I think they're mistaking strong forces for intensity in design. Simply put, B&M don't transition from element to element quickly enough. They hit the same heavy G Force values they used to, but they reach them more gradually, and that makes it less intense. The pacing becomes static. But in turn, more people in general can enjoy this coaster.

The reason Kumba is loved more among enthusiasts than a more recent floorless of similar size/layout like Bizarro isn't how high or how long the positive forces are, it's the transitions in and out of the positive-heavy elements and how quickly it maneuvers everywhere else. B&M have lost their "whip."

Sorry for the long-winded explanation on that. But as far as my expectations for Twisted Cyclone go I would say that many other B&Ms will have stronger positives, but TC will probably have better pacing, intensity and airtime.

and addressing the idea that has permeated this thread and other forums that Twisted Cyclone is somehow a lesser coaster due to its size and length.

Luckily my better half doesn't subscribe to the idea that bigger is better.

Pick one.

Assumptions are shortcuts. I believe in due process. The same thing that keeps people out of jail should be used to judge coasters.

Pick one.

A bit disingenuous to leave out the part about the second quote being a prediction.

Pick one.

A bit disingenuous to leave out the part about the second quote being a prediction.

How so? Making a prediction is very much a judgement, no? It's at least the same type of judgement that he was just criticizing x2coasterfreak for.

and addressing the idea that has permeated this thread and other forums that Twisted Cyclone is somehow a lesser coaster due to its size and length.

TMI

Now you are starting to sound like me.

The same thing that keeps people out of jail should be used to judge coasters.

Johnny Cochran?

Yes, it's me. Look under our bed tonight. I'll be there, waitin. Unfortunately you won't be able to see me because.........Well...........

my skin? Anyways ,my white glowin eyes will stare back at you and you'll wonder, "well ehh, How the hell did you get under there!?" My answer.................................................................................................................................................BLACK POWER

I for one am reserving all judgement on the new TC until I actually ride it. Regardless of what it will have or not have, it will no doubt be an awesome addition to the park.

I will also add, as this thread comes down from orbit and back to earth, I am eager to see all the other changes SFoG has in store, not just the new Coastal them8ng but also the "Piedmont" theme replacing the French section.

Oh, and lest we not forget GASM sdrawkcab!

We're really not all that bad at having a good time

I for one am reserving all judgement on the new TC until I actually ride it. Regardless of what it will have or not have, it will no doubt be an awesome addition to the park.

I will also add, as this thread comes down from orbit and back to earth, I am eager to see all the other changes SFoG has in store, not just the new Coastal them8ng but also the "Piedmont" theme replacing the French section.

Oh, and lest we not forget GASM sdrawkcab!

We're really not all that bad at having a good time

Thanks for the unifying comment. I think we all need to calm down. Let's meditate and RELAX with some A........S.........M...........R

Pick one.

Oh no, he's totally right. As I hit the submit button, my exact thoughts were even "well someone is just gonna have to call me out on this but there's so much crazy in this thread right now who really gives a sh*t, right?" Whatevs. We know just how much Chickenbowl loves this kinda thing tho so he can have this one. Let's let him bask in the 'gotcha' glow for a little while.

Pick one.

Oh no, he's totally right. As I hit the submit button, my exact thoughts were even "well someone is just gonna have to call me out on this

Well I didn't find a generic prediction judgmental.

I think predicting it to be more forceful than modern B&M's is reasonable. But how much more is the open question.

I'm not judging it either when I say it won't be as forcefully as Lighting Rod.

I can still be a fun ride.

I like B&M wings. Certainly not forceful, but lots of fun.

Edited by TEDodd

This thread.... offseason can't end soon enough.

Anyway, less than a month until the park is opened for the season, and by then, we should know for certain what's going on with TC. I'm in the camp that there's no 3rd lap and that there's just a few adjustments being made to the layout. Either way, based off what I've heard about other RMCs, this will still be a vast improvement over Georgia Cyclone and will serve as a great addition to the collections of great rides at the park.

Anyway, less than a month until the park is opened for the season, and by then, we should know for certain what's going on with TC. I'm in the camp that there's no 3rd lap and that there's just a few adjustments being made to the layout. Either way, based off what I've heard about other RMCs, this will still be a vast improvement over Georgia Cyclone and will serve as a great addition to the collections of great rides at the park.

Georgia isn't open for a month still?

the Texas SF (Fiesta, Over Texas) open tomorrow for the season. (2/24)

Georgia isn't open for a month still?

the Texas SF (Fiesta, Over Texas) open tomorrow for the season. (2/24)

Nope. Not until 3/10. I would love to go for the opening, but I'll be in Florida going to BGT and SWO that weekend.

Embrace the entertainment.

I'm in the camp that mean streak will open in 2017.

If you would like to represent TPR for a Great American Scream Machine media event on Friday, March 9th please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Please include:

- Your Full Name

- Your Email Addres

- Your Age

- Links to any social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)

- Your TPR Screen Name

You must be willing to addend the event, take photos & video and do a report on TPR later. We are looking for someone to cover this event ASAP so please email me if you are interested!

Thank you!